• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Chapp and Cereal,

Hope you and the fams are doing well of course.

My Giants finally have the right coach in place, still need the QB although Jones has played well throwing to a group of practice squad players.

My thoughts on Judge:
Let him walk. Outside of Mattingly who played on some god awful teams, there isn’t another Yankee star I could think of who went 6 years without delivering an ounce of October success. Giving him $350 essentially means running back the same team, and in an increasingly tough division, it would take another career season from him just to make the playoffs, a very unlikely scenario. He wants to be West, Yankees should kick him in the balls by withdrawing their names from consideration and reducing his price. Most talk is the Giants, I think it will be the Dodgers, and of course they will manage to still lose next October.

My thoughts on Boone and Cashman:
Yankee fans can’t seem to embrace the fact that their ultimate goal isn’t in alignment with the owners ultimate goal. It’s the “If George was alive” disease. Hal is about one thing and one thing only- Relevancy. Relevancy packs the ballpark for 81 games, and the 3-5 home postseason games as gravy to line his pockets. He’s never cared about hanging banners, of course he will always talk a good game about winning, but it’s low on the list of importance. Cashman has many failures, but he’s an A+ GM when it comes to making sure the Yankees are relevant every single season. He’s the perfect GM for this owner, and he would never risk bringing in someone knew who could possibly bottom out the organization, something Cashman never does. As far as Boone, never once feel like the Yankees have an advantage in the dugout like with a Cash, or Francona, or Buck. He’s just a guy. But I don’t think he has any say in any of it. People kill him for playing IKF over Peraza, or Donaldson day after day. That’s all coming from the top. Any manager they put there would have to fall in line with Cashman, it’s why Girardi was let go, it’s why Buck would have Never been an option for the Yankees.

See ya tomorrow!

Dirtski! Good to hear from you!

Good luck on Judge. I think they need to re-sign him but in the odd event they Cano him, it's probably not a disaster. I don't think I've seen a guy have a better walk year. Would be incredible if he could come close to 2022 again.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems the Astros aren't this unbeatable juggernaut after all.

Only when they play the Yankees.

:doh:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems the Astros aren't this unbeatable juggernaut after all.

Only when they play the Yankees.

:doh:

Frustrating as hell isn’t it. Astros talked about as a “dynasty” just a few days ago, could become a punch line if they lose yet another WS, and whether I agree or not, their only title will be the one as tainted as any title ever

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirtski! Good to hear from you!

Good luck on Judge. I think they need to re-sign him but in the odd event they Cano him, it's probably not a disaster. I don't think I've seen a guy have a better walk year. Would be incredible if he could come close to 2022 again.

Hey Cereal, good to see ya

Yeah I’m comfortable with however it lands on Judge. I have a hunch San Fran has waited for this moment and are about to make a real irresponsible offer to him in the 9-10 year range. I feel in my gut he’s gone, but it’s gonna be such a PR disaster for the Yankees that I’m almost curious to see how they respond and win the fans back. I don’t see them curling up in a ball and just accepting total mediocrity in a division that’s just getting ridiculous, so the possibility I think exists that they spend big if they lose Judge, so that has me wondering

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will the Yankees do about Rizzo now that he’s opted out? Will they extend the QO and give him a raise? Will they give him a new 2yr deal? I’m not surprised he opted out, but I figure that he wants to stay in NY.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will the Yankees do about Rizzo now that he’s opted out? Will they extend the QO and give him a raise? Will they give him a new 2yr deal? I’m not surprised he opted out, but I figure that he wants to stay in NY.

He's waiting to see where his BFF signs

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge?
If Judge signs, can they afford anyone else?

LOL

The franchise is worth $6B, and they average 40K a night at ridiculous ticket prices. They could afford anyone, but as has been said, Hal Steinbrenner is a far cry from his old man.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge?
If Judge signs, can they afford anyone else?
I agree judge is going to want a lot of cash. But it will tell a lot about judge if he wants to take a little less so they can build around him

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

The franchise is worth $6B, and they average 40K a night at ridiculous ticket prices. They could afford anyone, but as has been said, Hal Steinbrenner is a far cry from his old man.
I know the franchise can afford it but will they be willing to go that high over the luxury tax.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the franchise can afford it but will they be willing to go that high over the luxury tax.
That’s the million dollar question. I forgot about the luxury tax