• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am rating starting pitchers for next year (and just next year- not going forward) it would prob. look like this:

1. Burnes
2. Alcantra
3. DeGrom (obviously assuming health)
4. Verlander
5. Cole
6. McClanahan
7. Wheeler
8. Glasnow
9. Woodard
10. Nola
11. Sherzer
12. Bieber
13. Castillo
14. Fried
15. Rodon
16. Urias
17. Cease
18. Ohtani
19. Musgrove
20. Gallen
21. Kershaw
22. Gausman
23. Cortes
24 Lynn
25. Valdez
26. Darvish
27. Wright
28. Manoah
29. Sale
30. McKenzie
31. Strider
32. Snell
33. Sale
34. Severino
35. Kershaw
36. Javier
37. Montas
38. McCullers
39. Bassit
40. Gilbert
41. Kirby
42. Webb
43. Lopez
44. Luzardo
45. Lodolo
46. Heaney
47. Springs
48. Webb
49. Greene
50. Gonsolin

A couple observations:

-pretty wild that when you look on this list- the Guardians have played 5 post season games thus far- and have faced #5, #6, #8, #23, and #34. No other teams that had to play a first round series has faced as consistently good of pitching through the first 2 rounds. Facing McClanahan, Glasnow, Cole, Cortes and Severino is fucking ridiculous.

-Yanks do have- when healthy- an incredible rotation with Cole, Cortes, Severino, Montas (who is hurt).

-I have said it before- but discounting the Phillies with 2 studs like Wheeler and Nola is a mistake. Phillies have a ton of talented bats. Their only weakness really is the bullpen and lacking a real closer.

-Dodgers spend a ton of money- but Urias and Kershaw is just not enough with how good some of these other teams are.

-Mariners should make the playoffs again as a wild card at least with a rotation depth that goes from Castillo, Ray, Kirby, Gilbert- 2 high priced guys and 2 cheap home grown guys with talent. What I think are 4 of the top 50 starters in baseball. I think only the Yanks can rival that.

-Sherzer and Verlander likely (though not 100%) stay put in NY and Houston respectively. Rodon is the only difference making free agent. I think a team could trade for Gallen if they gave up a ton. Its possible Bieber is available if its apparent he wants every last dollar because with his injury last year and his decline in velocity this year- I dont think the Guardians would risk extending him even if they thought it was economically feasible. if the Angels are out of it- maybe Ohtani is moved at next year's deadline so the Angels can recoup something. Maybe if the Red Sox are not contenders and Sale has a good showing and the Red Sox eat some money they trade him. Those are the best SP that I think have a chance of moving.

-Glasnow and Fried are my CY Young picks for next year. Glasnow's stuff is just at another level when he is healthy. As good as anyone not named DeGrom.
Lol, why do you have Kershaw at 21 and again at 35? Regardless, he’s too low on that list. Cole is a bit too high. He hasn’t been a top 5 pitcher these past 2 years and he’ll need to prove himself again next year.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gausman at 22 is ridiculous too

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im disappointed we didn't win a game or 2 but this is was the expected result.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Too many screw ups this playoffs. Game 3 vs Cleveland and G1 vs Houston. Can't lose games in the playoffs due to poor decisions from the manager
Is there ever any talk of replacing Cashman? One title in 20 years & No WS appearance since 2009. I’m not sure how he has survived this long on that track record.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there ever any talk of replacing Cashman? One title in 20 years & No WS appearance since 2009. I’m not sure how he has survived this long on that track record.

Word. He'll skate by though because the fan base is convinced oddball signings like Harrison Bader were all part of a plan. "Cash knew that he'd double his home run production in the playoffs!"

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello. Rough night for the Pats and C's. And I missed my over by a point on the Pats game. Need to join the Yankee fans in drowning their misery.
It’s funny...as soon as I stopped betting on football(office pool and fantasy football), I stopped caring about the games. Lol. Try watching those games if you don’t have money on it, though. It’s tough.

Any sign of Rock or Dirt in the other place? Haven’t seen either of them in a looooong time.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny...as soon as I stopped betting on football(office pool and fantasy football), I stopped caring about the games. Lol. Try watching those games if you don’t have money on it, though. It’s tough.

Any sign of Rock or Dirt in the other place? Haven’t seen either of them in a looooong time.
Nope. Thought with the Giants' nice start and the Yankees in the ALCS we would have seen Dirt last week. But only sign for him is an occasional tweet.

Rock is MIA. Think Elon sent him to meet with Putin.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Thought with the Giants' nice start and the Yankees in the ALCS we would have seen Dirt last week. But only sign for him is an occasional tweet.

Rock is MIA. Think Elon sent him to meet with Putin.
Lol. I forgot about Rock working with Elon on developing rockets. Hahaha

I figured Dirt would have been here when the Yankees were approximately 54-2 back in June. Hope they are both OK.