• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't hear about this at the time. Not a good look.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Chapp and Cereal,

Hope you and the fams are doing well of course.

My Giants finally have the right coach in place, still need the QB although Jones has played well throwing to a group of practice squad players.

My thoughts on Judge:
Let him walk. Outside of Mattingly who played on some god awful teams, there isn’t another Yankee star I could think of who went 6 years without delivering an ounce of October success. Giving him $350 essentially means running back the same team, and in an increasingly tough division, it would take another career season from him just to make the playoffs, a very unlikely scenario. He wants to be West, Yankees should kick him in the balls by withdrawing their names from consideration and reducing his price. Most talk is the Giants, I think it will be the Dodgers, and of course they will manage to still lose next October.

My thoughts on Boone and Cashman:
Yankee fans can’t seem to embrace the fact that their ultimate goal isn’t in alignment with the owners ultimate goal. It’s the “If George was alive” disease. Hal is about one thing and one thing only- Relevancy. Relevancy packs the ballpark for 81 games, and the 3-5 home postseason games as gravy to line his pockets. He’s never cared about hanging banners, of course he will always talk a good game about winning, but it’s low on the list of importance. Cashman has many failures, but he’s an A+ GM when it comes to making sure the Yankees are relevant every single season. He’s the perfect GM for this owner, and he would never risk bringing in someone knew who could possibly bottom out the organization, something Cashman never does. As far as Boone, never once feel like the Yankees have an advantage in the dugout like with a Cash, or Francona, or Buck. He’s just a guy. But I don’t think he has any say in any of it. People kill him for playing IKF over Peraza, or Donaldson day after day. That’s all coming from the top. Any manager they put there would have to fall in line with Cashman, it’s why Girardi was let go, it’s why Buck would have Never been an option for the Yankees.

See ya tomorrow!

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Chapp and Cereal,

My Giants finally have the right coach in place, still need the QB although Jones has played well throwing to a group of practice squad players.

My thoughts on Judge:
Let him walk. Outside of Mattingly who played on some god awful teams, there isn’t another Yankee star I could think of who went 6 years without delivering an ounce of October success. Giving him $350 essentially means running back the same team, and in an increasingly tough division, it would take another career season from him just to make the playoffs, a very unlikely scenario. He wants to be West, Yankees should kick him in the balls by withdrawing their names from consideration and reducing his price. Most talk is the Giants, I think it will be the Dodgers, and of course they will manage to still lose next October.

Yankee fans can’t seem to embrace the fact that their ultimate goal isn’t in alignment with the owners ultimate goal. It’s the “If George was alive” disease. Hal is about one thing and one thing only- Relevancy. Relevancy packs the ballpark for 81 games, and the 3-5 home postseason games as gravy to line his pockets. He’s never cared about hanging banners, of course he will always talk a good game about winning, but it’s low on the list of importance. Cashman has many failures, but he’s an A+ GM when it comes to making sure the Yankees are relevant every single season. He’s the perfect GM for this owner, and he would never risk bringing in someone knew who could possibly bottom out the organization, something Cashman never does. As far as Boone, never once feel like the Yankees have an advantage in the dugout like with a Cash, or Francona, or Buck. He’s just a guy. But I don’t think he has any say in any of it. People kill him for playing IKF over Peraza, or Donaldson day after day. That’s all coming from the top. Any manager they put there would have to fall in line with Cashman, it’s why Girardi was let go, it’s why Buck would have Never been an option for the Yankees.

See ya tomorrow!

I don't see how they can let Judge walk. Yeah he had a shitty October, but it happens. He's the face of the franchise, and they won't achieve the relevance you mention without him. He leaves and what's left will be hard pressed to be a .500 ballclub. Especially if Boone is retained, which looks likely.

Giants need to get more consistency from Jones. One week he's setting the franchise record for rushing by a QB, the next week he looks like he should be the 3rd stringer.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they can let Judge walk. Yeah he had a shitty October, but it happens. He's the face of the franchise, and they won't achieve the relevance you mention without him. He leaves and what's left will be hard pressed to be a .500 ballclub. Especially if Boone is retained, which looks likely.

Giants need to get more consistency from Jones. One week he's setting the franchise record for rushing by a QB, the next week he looks like he should be the 3rd stringer.

Hi Nast.

The Judge move would be a business decision and an emotional fan attachment move, so for that reason I could see it happening. If I trusted this organization to allocate that money wisely and spread it around, I’d feel stronger about moving on from him. With no shift next season, the need for contact hitters will be more important than ever, and the swing and miss lineup with be more detrimental than ever. I guess I feel he really wants out, I think the relationship with the front office is more strained than people think and this whining over the boos from him and his boyfriend Rizzo, who is absolutely the “unnamed Yankee” crying about that

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Nast.

The Judge move would be a business decision and an emotional fan attachment move, so for that reason I could see it happening. If I trusted this organization to allocate that money wisely and spread it around, I’d feel stronger about moving on from him. With no shift next season, the need for contact hitters will be more important than ever, and the swing and miss lineup with be more detrimental than ever. I guess I feel he really wants out, I think the relationship with the front office is more strained than people think and this whining over the boos from him and his boyfriend Rizzo, who is absolutely the “unnamed Yankee” crying about that

Yeah, there's no love lost.

Cashman certainly didn't have to release the offer to the press that Judge turned down pre-season. I KNOW that pissed Judge off.

I just feel like if he leaves there's nothing to excite the fanbase. They almost instantly become the 3rd best team in the division (if that) It's going to feel a whole lot like the early 80s. Remember watching Mattingly highlights and the entire upper tank was empty? I don't think they can let that happen, for their own selfish interests as much as anything.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's no love lost.

Cashman certainly didn't have to release the offer to the press that Judge turned down pre-season. I KNOW that pissed Judge off.

I just feel like if he leaves there's nothing to excite the fanbase. They almost instantly become the 3rd best team in the division (if that) It's going to feel a whole lot like the early 80s. Remember watching Mattingly highlights and the entire upper tank was empty? I don't think they can let that happen, for their own selfish interests as much as anything.

At least I have the Steelers.......

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Chapp and Cereal,

My thoughts on Judge:

See ya tomorrow!
Good to see you, Paydirt! After all these years I start to worry that people are dead if they don’t post at least once a year, or so. Now I only have to worry about Rock(that crazy character).

Yankees are in a real bind with Judge. He’s the best talent they’ve developed in 20 years and a huge fan favorite. But he also is on the wrong side of 30, would require a 7+ year commitment and a record-breaking salary just to watch him decline(maybe a slow decline). I actually want to see the Yankees keep him just to see how they handle payroll with Cole, Judge and Stanton combining to make $100m/year. Meanwhile the Red Sox run so hot and cold I can never figure them out. They went from last place to losing in the ALCS(and giving the Astros a tough time) to last place again. I’m starting to think the new GM is nothing special but I’ll give him another year before I officially write him off.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Nast.

Good to see you back Dirt