• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their offense over the last few years has been based around guys who were never known for taking walks (Adam Jones, Mark Trumbo, Machado (though he's walked 19 times already)). Not sure if you can attribute those players inability to draw walks to Showalter when they struggled to draw walks before playing under him.

1) He has had most of these guys for 5-7 years. He cannot just blame them for learning bad skills elsewhere...shouldn't he be teaching or at least punishing/rewarding guys?

2) Not all these free swinging fools are veterans from someplace else who learned bad habits under another skipper.
Why the fuck should younger guy like Beckham, Mancini, or Schoop always get a green light to try and be Reggie Jackson no matter what the count, the score, or situation??

3)When he does ocaisonally inherit a guy from someplace else who hits the opposite way, takes a few pitches, and doesnt try to knock in home-runs on every at-bat, he runs them out of town after one year of being in Bucks Doghouse (Kim, Smith, Castillo, McClouth, etc)

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,703.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankees had a hell of a weekend. lets hope they keep it up

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,703.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bring on boston

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are winning despite Boone’s decisions, gardner... when ells comes back put him in top spot and along with the rotation who have seem to have gotten it together , #28 is in the bag! Stay healthy , win & prosper !

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are winning despite Boone’s decisions, gardner... when ells comes back put him in top spot and along with the rotation who have seem to have gotten it together , #28 is in the bag! Stay healthy , win & prosper !
The way Gardner is playing maybe when Ells comes back they can have a duel in CF.....They can borrow Bruce Maxwell's guns, take ten paces and fire.....Both being hit might solve some problems....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Gardner is playing maybe when Ells comes back they can have a duel in CF.....They can borrow Bruce Maxwell's guns, take ten paces and fire.....Both being hit might solve some problems....

Not for nothing, but Gardner had a crucial hit and scored from first on Judge's double in yesterday's latest improbable comeback.

I won't deny that he has looked somewhat cooked these last few weeks, but if he's getting replaced, it won't be by Ellsbury, it will be by Frazier. I'm thinking any day now, actually.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing, but Gardner had a crucial hit and scored from first on Judge's double in yesterday's latest improbable comeback.

I won't deny that he has looked somewhat cooked these last few weeks, but if he's getting replaced, it won't be by Ellsbury, it will be by Frazier. I'm thinking any day now, actually.
PLEASE PLEASE PUT ELLS IN:suds:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, big hit, but even a .200 hitter is due for hit here and there.....Bring up Frazier and down goes Gardsbury.....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe this team has won 15 of 16. Even the 114 win '98 team never did that.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew the Yankees were going to win yesterday when, after being staked to a 4-0 lead, Clevinger walked limp wristed Walker to start the bottom of the 8th. And then Francona left him in to walk another batter.

tis why Tito would occasionally be called Francoma back in his Red Sox days.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon to be mitigated by one Price, David. :)

Now watch him throw a 2 hit shut-out.

Realistically I'm hoping for the Sox to win the Porcello start and that's about it. Was telling Dirt that Price should start taking notes from CC. Going to have to up his control as his velocity diminishes.

And Pomeranz is just going to get shelled.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon to be mitigated by one Price, David. :)

Now watch him throw a 2 hit shut-out.
Red Sox would be better off with Vincent Price when he played that crazy Dr on the Brady Bunch's vacation to Hawaii....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically I'm hoping for the Sox to win the Porcello start and that's about it. Was telling Dirt that Price should start taking notes from CC. Going to have to up his control as his velocity diminishes.

And Pomeranz is just going to get shelled.

You'd think so, but strange things happen in this rivalry.

This line-up should brutalize lefties, especially ones not at the top of their game. We'll see what happens.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think so, but strange things happen in this rivalry.

This line-up should brutalize lefties, especially ones not at the top of their game. We'll see what happens.
yanks hitting .248 vs L and .250 vs R
sox on the other hand 228 vs L and .285 vs R:suds:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frazier isn't hitting all that well in AAA since he's been back and I've heard zero about Ells other than set back after set back. Gardy is streaky, he'll pick it back up. Plus, he plays a solid left field which is important at Yankee stadium.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier isn't hitting all that well in AAA since he's been back and I've heard zero about Ells other than set back after set back. Gardy is streaky, he'll pick it back up. Plus, he plays a solid left field which is important at Yankee stadium.
Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique, foot, hip) has begun running and hitting according to Yankees manager Aaron Boone.
Ellsbury was transferred from the 10-day to the 60-day disabled list on Wednesday, but Boone told reporters that he could be returning to the field within the next 10 days. Because he's on the 60-day disabled last, the earliest he'll be eligible to return is the end of May. May 2 - 8:04 PM:suds: