• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird/stupid format seems to be costing the higher-seeded teams. LAD & ATL have 6 days off, then play 1 game, and then have another day off(and then another day off this week)? Meanwhile, the wild card teams are coming in already tested and ready to play. BALT having the same issue. Too much rest. They should go back to the 1 game wild card format. It was much more interesting.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird/stupid format seems to be costing the higher-seeded teams. LAD & ATL have 6 days off, then play 1 game, and then have another day off(and then another day off this week)? Meanwhile, the wild card teams are coming in already tested and ready to play. BALT having the same issue. Too much rest. They should go back to the 1 game wild card format. It was much more interesting.

yep its horrible. I don't know if they should go back to the 1 game wc format because I hated it but I would like to see 1 of the 2 things take place

1) Screw the byes for the top 2 seeds. Everyone play in the WC round ( 1 vs 6, 2 vs 5, & 3 vs 4) in a best of 3
2) Keep the format how it is but let's stop handing the WC round winners all these days off to set their rotation in the LDS. Game 1 of the LDS should start on Friday instead of this 2 day off nonsense if you sweep your opponent then also let's get rid of the day off between games 1 and 2 as well

They are bending over backwards for the winners of the wildcard round which seems silly to me

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep its horrible. I don't know if they should go back to the 1 game wc format because I hated it but I would like to see 1 of the 2 things take place

1) Screw the byes for the top 2 seeds. Everyone play in the WC round ( 1 vs 6, 2 vs 5, & 3 vs 4) in a best of 3
2) Keep the format how it is but let's stop handing the WC round winners all these days off to set their rotation in the LDS. Game 1 of the LDS should start on Friday instead of this 2 day off nonsense if you sweep your opponent then also let's get rid of the day off between games 1 and 2 as well

They are bending over backwards for the winners of the wildcard round which seems silly to me
The 1 game wildcard wasn’t my favorite, but it WAS much more compelling. If they give the top 2 seeds a bye, the elimination game works for seeds 3-6 to me. That’s all they’ve earned with the lower seeds. Plus, the 1 game scenario makes each team use their best pitchers so they don’t come in all rested and fresh. This new system seems broken to me. I think it really DOES favor the wild card teams.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bye should be an advantage. Astros used it well last year. Some teams don’t use it well. Also, you have to add 2 teams. Your model produces 3 winners. How do you continue the tournament with 3 teams?

This is all done by TV to get more games in prime time. It has nothing to do with a desire to prop up Wildcard teams. This gets you out of the afternoon games and it keeps you (in theory) from having too many days without any baseball.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro just get ready for the end tomorrow night you fucking loser

You seem angry.

Edit: I chuckled at the fact that you had to edit your originally dumb post to get another dig in.

Is it the rest of the AL East’s fault that the Yankees are managed by a clown and presided over by an piss-poor GM?

I hope you got as big of a laugh as I did at former Yankee Aaron Hicks mashing last night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bye should be an advantage. Astros used it well last year. Some teams don’t use it well. Also, you have to add 2 teams. Your model produces 3 winners. How do you continue the tournament with 3 teams?
I didnt think this idea out lol but yeah i see your point. In that point @chappee11 1 game thought isnt horrible even though i hate it. At least with that, you can avoid the teams with the bye getting their longest rest of the season which likely will make the players rusty

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is all done by TV to get more games in prime time. It has nothing to do with a desire to prop up Wildcard teams. This gets you out of the afternoon games and it keeps you (in theory) from having too many days without any baseball.

Honest question:

How did the Astros use the bye well last year?

Certainly didnt do my O’s any favors.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think this idea out lol but yeah i see your point. In that point @chappee11 1 game thought isnt horrible even though i hate it. At least with that, you can avoid the teams with the bye getting their longest rest of the season which likely will make the players rusty
Nah, it’s just another All Star break.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me, bks”baller:” which team do you think is set up for sustained success over the next few years, your team of overpaid underperforming trash, or the Orioles - with the ROY, the number one farm system in baseball, the best catcher in baseball, and a manager who knows how to coach?

The good news for you is that you’ll have plenty of time to watch the Orioles “embarrass themselves” in the postseason in the years to come, regardless of what happens on Tuesday.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question:

How did the Astros use the bye well last year?

Certainly didnt do my O’s any favors.
They rested guys, they set up their rotation and they stayed sharp in the cages and with simulated games. This stuff is so silly to me. These guys are professionals and they’ve been playing baseball since they’ve been 4 or 5 years old. You don’t forget how to play the game when you have 5-6 days off. It’s all just excuse making. People don’t like an outcome so they look at what is different and they conclude that must be it.

Kershaw has been shitting the bed in the post season in any format for years. The Braves are the Braves because they win the division 24 out of 30 years and yet only have 2 World championships. They shit the bed in any playoff format. It’s all over blown.