• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL EAST 2017 Thread

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox are red hot.
and help is on the way :L

Pablo Sandoval (knee) will remain on his rehab assignment for at least another three days.

Sandoval is hitting just .143/.217/.238 so far in six games with Triple-A Pawtucket, so the Red Sox understandably want him to get his swing in order first before they activate him. Deven Marrero has been getting most of the starts at third base of late.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks win both series this week. Now let's hope the O's and the Sox continue to lose their games.

If that happens, the Yankees will enter Memorial Day up 3 on Boston and 4.5 on the O's.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*pokes head up from under the sand*

Oh. Would ya look at that, the Jays had a pretty decent May. And just got their best player back from the DL.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought coming into the season the Jays had by far the best rotation in the AL East

Im watching that team very closely if they get full health

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought coming into the season the Jays had by far the best rotation in the AL East

Im watching that team very closely if they get full health
By far the best rotation in the AL East? I thought coming into the season the Rays, Red Sox, and Yankees rotations could all be better.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far the best rotation in the AL East? I thought coming into the season the Rays, Red Sox, and Yankees rotations could all be better.

Happ was great last season

Sanchez was looking like a front of the rotation starter

Stroman is solid with room to grow

Estrada may be the most underrated starter in all of baseball

And i thought Liriano was as good a #5 as there was

Now it obviously didnt all work out well for them, but coming into the season, I liked that staff a lot, although I thought the loss of Encarcion would be felt

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now it obviously didnt all work out well for them, but coming into the season, I liked that staff a lot, although I thought the loss of Encarcion would be felt
We can point out the good things about each guy, and I can point out the reasons for doubt. I would just rather have Archer, Odorizzi, Andriese, Cobb, and Snell/De Leon or Sale, Price, Porcello, E-Rod, Pomeranz. And if you wouldn't, that's fine, but I certainly don't think they would be "by far" the best.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can point out the good things about each guy, and I can point out the reasons for doubt. I would just rather have Archer, Odorizzi, Andriese, Cobb, and Snell/De Leon or Sale, Price, Porcello, E-Rod, Pomeranz. And if you wouldn't, that's fine, but I certainly don't think they would be "by far" the best.

Dont like the Rays rotation at all in comparison, Cobb coming off major surgery, Odirizzi and Andriese, meh

Definite argument can be made for the Sox, but the Price problem was pointed out pretty early in the spring, and My feeling about the AL East rotations was with the assumption he was out a while

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont like the Rays rotation at all in comparison, Cobb coming off major surgery, Odirizzi and Andriese, meh

Definite argument can be made for the Sox, but the Price problem was pointed out pretty early in the spring, and My feeling about the AL East rotations was with the assumption he was out a while
Well as much as you think Estrada is underrated, I think the same can be said about Odorizzi. Difference being Odorizzi is 6 years younger.

And I guess we will just see who's right. I think I was higher on the Rays than most coming into the season. I mentioned before the season began that I thought they would compete for the 2nd Wild Card and come in 3rd.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as much as you think Estrada is underrated, I think the same can be said about Odorizzi. Difference being Odorizzi is 6 years younger.

And I guess we will just see who's right. I think I was higher on the Rays than most coming into the season. I mentioned before the season began that I thought they would compete for the 2nd Wild Card and come in 3rd.

The shocker with the Rays is the way they are crushing the ball.....Logan Morrison with 15 HR's for Gods sake.......With the Jays getting healthy and Price back, this division is shaping up to be as unfair as it always seems to be.....Probably 5 teams that could compete for a division title in almost any other division in baseball

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shocker with the Rays is the way they are crushing the ball.....Logan Morrison with 15 HR's for Gods sake.......With the Jays getting healthy and Price back, this division is shaping up to be as unfair as it always seems to be.....Probably 5 teams that could compete for a division title in almost any other division in baseball
Yeah they lost 94 games last year, but they went 13-27 in 1-run games so I just expected a rebound based on that. Plus add in they did improve at positions of need. It hasn't really come together 100% yet for them as they need to figure out that 5th starter, plus Ramos should be back to catching some time mid-summer I would think.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they lost 94 games last year, but they went 13-27 in 1-run games so I just expected a rebound based on that. Plus add in they did improve at positions of need. It hasn't really come together 100% yet for them as they need to figure out that 5th starter, plus Ramos should be back to catching some time mid-summer I would think.

I like how they operate on their very silly budget, picking up a guy like Ramos was your typical low risk high upside move for the Rays....

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's more injuries than didn't work out well - Sanchez has had blister issues all season so far, Happ just came back last night from a DL stint, and Liriano was mediocre and also got hurt. Stroman's been his better self all season, and Biagini is a nice new starter option who has gotten better with each start.

The Jays' putrid start was almost entirely on the bats and injuries to Donaldson/Tulo and had little to do with the rotation. If the bats can at least stay consistent and Donaldson can avoid injury, the Jays can get back in it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing's for sure, I'm a lot more amped for this weekend's series with the Yankees than I was a couple weeks ago. Good test for all involved.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im scared actually
I wouldn't be - series between these two are usually pretty even affairs. Plus the Yankees will get Liriano and Biagini and miss Happ. Do the business against the iffy guys and it gives them a pretty good chance of taking the weekend series against Stroman (I think Estrada will get it done tomorrow).

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be - series between these two are usually pretty even affairs. Plus the Yankees will get Liriano and Biagini and miss Happ. Do the business against the iffy guys and it gives them a pretty good chance of taking the weekend series against Stroman (I think Estrada will get it done tomorrow).

Ill take a win tonight, a split vs Toronto, and than a Slaughtering of Boston in the Bronx next week