• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Francona could straighten out Lynn. I would take him considering the pitching injuries. Lynn would not whine for very long around Tito.

Cease would be pretty expensive.

Honestly though- I bet they could get him for what the Twins gave them for Mahle- and Cease is better and had more control.

Lynn is awful. Nobody is straightening him out.

Hes getting absolutely mashed by any and everyone. Especially lefties.

The absolute last thing the Guaridans could do would go into stretch run series against the Twins and allow them to start their unlimited supply of lefties against a bottom 3 starter in baseball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn is awful. Nobody is straightening him out.

Hes getting absolutely mashed by any and everyone. Especially lefties.

The absolute last thing the Guaridans could do would go into stretch run series against the Twins and allow them to start their unlimited supply of lefties against a bottom 3 starter in baseball.
They dont need world beaters- an they arent gonna give up anything good to get a legit pitcher in a year where its not happening anyway with so many pitching injuries

Carrasco, Syndeegaard, Lynn, Rich Hill- I dont necesarily care who- they just need some guys to soak up some innings--- ESPECIALLY considering the rooks are gonna hit innings limits at this pace

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont need world beaters- an they arent gonna give up anything good to get a legit pitcher in a year where its not happening anyway with so many pitching injuries

Carrasco, Syndeegaard, Lynn, Rich Hill- I dont necesarily care who- they just need some guys to soak up some innings--- ESPECIALLY considering the rooks are gonna hit innings limits at this pace

Those guys you are suggesting will all literally lose baseball games while soaking up the innings though haha.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys you are suggesting will all literally lose baseball games while soaking up the innings though haha.
hmmm not really

I mean- Lance Lynn overall has sucked, but has also had some games where you can see the talent---- has a track record of being pretty decent. Right now its about a 1/4 he is so bad you have no chance, 1/4 pretty bad, 1/4 decent, 1/4 pretty solid.

in June and July hes had 9 starts--- about 2 of the just awful. about 2-3 pretty bad, about 2-3 average, and 2 starts where he was pretty freaking good.

when you are the Guardians and dont want to give up any assets and have lost 5 of your 8 top starting pitchers from what you imagined your rotation might be in spring training- that is not a bad way to go for a 5th starter.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm not really

I mean- Lance Lynn overall has sucked, but has also had some games where you can see the talent---- has a track record of being pretty decent. Right now its about a 1/4 he is so bad you have no chance, 1/4 pretty bad, 1/4 decent, 1/4 pretty solid.

in June and July hes had 9 starts--- about 2 of the just awful. about 2-3 pretty bad, about 2-3 average, and 2 starts where he was pretty freaking good.

when you are the Guardians and dont want to give up any assets and have lost 5 of your 8 top starting pitchers from what you imagined your rotation might be in spring training- that is not a bad way to go for a 5th starter.

Dude Lance has been objecetively awful. Like worst starter in baaseball awful. Even worse than Lyles for KC.

He has a 6.47, 5.22 FIP, 1.4 WHIP, 28 homers, 130 hits in 119 innings.

Hes getting a lot of Ks but that does nothing if you cant keep guys off base.

Lefties for the year are hitting .338/.401/.636.

Thats fucking insane. Down the stretch teams are just gonna stack lefties against him. Its how the Twins ambushed him in like 4 pitches. Hes brutal.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn threw batting practice to the Twins the last time they met. Buxton hit 2 bombs and a couple of other guys homered as well.
I can't imagine the way he's getting shelled that he's happy in Chicago right now.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn threw batting practice to the Twins the last time they met. Buxton hit 2 bombs and a couple of other guys homered as well.

Buxton hit 2 homers off lynn.

Hes like 0 for his last 40 against any other pitcher haha

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude Lance has been objecetively awful. Like worst starter in baaseball awful. Even worse than Lyles for KC.

Thats fucking insane. Down the stretch teams are just gonna stack lefties against him. Its how the Twins ambushed him in like 4 pitches. Hes brutal.
I am just saying- he has also had good games, and if you have no pitching since a ton of guys are hurt, and the young guys you have are on innings limits, getting a guy who does have the occasional good game, and does have a track record of success for a minor asset is not a terrible way to go.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying- he has also had good games, and if you have no pitching since a ton of guys are hurt, and the young guys you have are on innings limits, getting a guy who does have the occasional good game, and does have a track record of success for a minor asset is not a terrible way to go.

I mean hey, if you want your team to be objectively worse I aint complaining. Twins would love it.

Lynn also cant even use the hitters home park excuse. He was even worse on the road.

Mets fans want Carrasco blasted into oblivion. Guardians could use some pitching help with all the youth. But there has to be some quality to it. Id be livid signing any of those guys to pitch meaningful baseball.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For as many games as Lynn has started he might be the worst starter in the league. Most HR's and ER's given up this season. He is also like 36. Fuck that fat ass

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallner stays up with the big club.

Polanco back tonight.

Rockign 12 pitchers.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense should be better and the starters should see this as a challenge to go deeper into games. When Thielbar and Stewart are ready to come back, the pen should be a lot more effective.
As for Lynn, we Twins' fans know all too well what he is capable of.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buxton out tonight due to an uneven hopsital cot

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever spent any time on a hospital cot? I can imagine that his back didn't like it at all.
This said, I agree that it's a rather silly reason to be out.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox have been busy. Kendall Graveman to the Astros for a catching prospect, Korey Lee, and Lance Lynn and Joe Kelly to the Dodgers for pitching prospects, Nick Nastrini and Jordan Leasure and major league outfielder Trace Thompson.
The Sox look to be trying to find their next catcher and some pitching. The guys they are getting from the Dodgers are strikeout pitchers that have some trouble keeping the ball in the ballpark. Trace Thompson may finally be able to play regularly so we'll see what kind of player he is.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox have been busy. Kendall Graveman to the Astros for a catching prospect, Korey Lee, and Lance Lynn and Joe Kelly to the Dodgers for pitching prospects, Nick Nastrini and Jordan Leasure and major league outfielder Trace Thompson.
The Sox look to be trying to find their next catcher and some pitching. The guys they are getting from the Dodgers are strikeout pitchers that have some trouble keeping the ball in the ballpark. Trace Thompson may finally be able to play regularly so we'll see what kind of player he is.

Yeah, they are doing exactly what they should be. Clear the decks and start from scratch.

It sucks for their fans, because it will be some time before they are good again, even in this division. But it has to be done or they will keep running back mediocre to bad year after year.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Twins put him in a crate with bubblewrap when they travel?
Something like that. When I played, we had a guy we called "Eggshells". He sprained an ankle climbing out of the dugout and missed 2 weeks. When he was on the field, he played well, but he was quite a whiner.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again.....there is no reason to bring in retard moron, excuse me,Moran.