• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8. Brayan Rocchio, SS, Cleveland Guardians

Rocchio made his major-league debut this year, but just briefly. Around his stints with the Guardians, he’s hit .294/.382/.419 as a 22-year-old in Triple A, posting his lowest strikeout rate since rookie ball at just 12.6 percent with less over-the-fence power than he showed last year (2 homers in 2023 after he hit 18 in 2022). He’s a true switch-hitter who could always run but had a terrible track record as a base stealer, with a 64 precent career success rate, which he’s boosted this year by going 18 for 21 on the bases (86 percent). Rocchio is an above-average shortstop with excellent hands and good instincts, which makes it all the more baffling that the Guardians, who’ve gotten nothing from shortstop this year, haven’t called him up and given him a shot at the job.

This is Keith Law's blurb on Rocchio from The Athletic. They have him currently as the #8 prospect in baseball at The Athletic which is a little higher htan most. His nickname is "The Professor" which is pretty cool. His profile is very similar to Lindor- I would say kind of a - not a poor man's- but a middle class (lol) Lindor.

He should be up playing everyday instead of Rosario. Its a joke. Rocchio and Oscar should both be in the lineup everyday. McKenzie and Bieber are done for the season. Turn over the roster and play the young guys. It is time.

Twins and the Guardians need to form an alliance and combine notes.

Guardians pass off some pointers on how to make contact and have some sort of respectable batting average. Twins help the Guardians from literally sucking any semblance of power from like all of their hitters.

They are lucky that Ramiez has been around forever and developed his power stroke long ago.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins and the Guardians need to form an alliance and combine notes.

Guardians pass off some pointers on how to make contact and have some sort of respectable batting average. Twins help the Guardians from literally sucking any semblance of power from like all of their hitters.

They are lucky that Ramiez has been around forever and developed his power stroke long ago.
seeing Naylor develop has been a positive too.....he at least drives guys in, hits extra bases, etc....

they just hate to take Straw out of center for some reason. Kwan can play center as can Brenan. Id at least move Brenann to center and play Oscar in right. They just do not want to do it.

it is time for Rocchio too. Honestly- he has been my favorite prospect for a while in their system. Some people have Valera as higher rated but I always like Rocchio and his skill set- young for his level.....

I am glad they are finally playing Naylor at catcher- but they need to bring up Rocchio and Oscar--- if only to bring up Oscar to give him one more chance before Valera comes up and gets his shot.

we wil lsee how it goes...most of the roster is guys that are young and cheap and have al ot of control left---- Bo Naylor, Josh Naylor, Gimenez, Kwan, Rocchio, ---- need to find if Oscar or Valera can play right.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is pagan still on the team

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is pagan still on the team

That was not Pagans fault. Hes been great.

Why is Rocco still our manager? We are 13 games above .500 with just a cardboard box managing instead of this guy.

He brought in Moran a guy with ZERO control. Who just pitched yesterday and got 2 outs. Its fucking basic math that if you use the guy with no control over and over hes eventually going to have.........no control. He used Moran when they had the TOP of their order up. 4 of those guys set to bat RIGHT HANDED. Pagan didnt pitch yesterday.

So now our bullpen which is overworked is now in a dog fight. Gonna have to use anyone and everyone because he didnt start with Pagan.

Unbelievable stuff. Oh, and for the second straight game he pulled Julien early(his D has been fine) only for us to blow the game and need his bat. Hes simply a moron.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not Pagans fault. Hes been great.

Why is Rocco still our manager? We are 13 games above .500 with just a cardboard box managing instead of this guy.

He brought in Moran a guy with ZERO control. Who just pitched yesterday and got 2 outs. Its fucking basic math that if you use the guy with no control over and over hes eventually going to have.........no control. He used Moran when they had the TOP of their order up. 4 of those guys set to bat RIGHT HANDED. Pagan didnt pitch yesterday.

So now our bullpen which is overworked is now in a dog fight. Gonna have to use anyone and everyone because he didnt start with Pagan.

Unbelievable stuff. Oh, and for the second straight game he pulled Julien early(his D has been fine) only for us to blow the game and need his bat. Hes simply a moron.
I get he's been better of late, I still don't trust him. And moran clearly gets blame

And yes Rocco. I wouldn't be upset over regime change

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the worst losses of the season. To bludgeon their best starter, who shut us down less than a week ago, only to let him off the hook. A chance at 5 in a row and be going for a sweep of a decent Mariners team (They are better than their record indicates).

I know that is baseball, but if you're having Duran warming up, you should be able to use him for at least one inning.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the worst losses of the season. To bludgeon their best starter, who shut us down less than a week ago, only to let him off the hook. A chance at 5 in a row and be going for a sweep of a decent Mariners team (They are better than their record indicates).

I know that is baseball, but if you're having Duran warming up, you should be able to use him for at least one inning.
yah bad loss.

I think its about 75-80% you will win the division though.

Right now the ace of the Guardians rotation is Aaron Civale. Then 3 rooks. Then I dont know who. Xavion Curry isnt stretched out and has only gone 3 innings.

They just called up DAniel Norris from AAA. I think they would have liked to of called up Plesac but he is getting HAMMERED in AAA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Mariners......get your shitty pen together.

Joe Ryan's ERA is not over 4.00

since early June when I said that its gone up like 1.3 points. Oooof.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick thought here. Edouard Julien's swing reminds me a bit of Mauer's. Both are geared toward hitting the ball to the opposite field, but can turn on a ball inside.
No, I don't think Julien is as good a hitter as Mauer was, but he is pretty good.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division race is going to stay close because we cant get out of our own way.

Rocco epically blows last night. Then today we come back to make it 8-7 and cant score last 3 innings. Why??

Because our VETS SUCK. Buxton isnt here this series, hes sucks. Correa has zero power. Hes a fucking bum. 0/5 today and all 5 ABs were gutless. Solano? Hes been pathetic.

The offense has been ignited by the youth. Wallner with 3 homers his last 2 games is gonna get demoted again. Its sickening.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division race is going to stay close because we cant get out of our own way.

Rocco epically blows last night. Then today we come back to make it 8-7 and cant score last 3 innings. Why??

Because our VETS SUCK. Buxton isnt here this series, hes sucks. Correa has zero power. Hes a fucking bum. 0/5 today and all 5 ABs were gutless. Solano? Hes been pathetic.

The offense has been ignited by the youth. Wallner with 3 homers his last 2 games is gonna get demoted again. Its sickening.
Seems like all 4 of the high priced SS this off season have really scuttled and are having subpar years. Seems like Dansby Swanson is having the best 2023 of the group.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like all 4 of the high priced SS this off season have really scuttled and are having subpar years. Seems like Dansby Swanson is having the best 2023 of the group.
Correa blows. Total waste of money even after getting the discount from the Mets contract that fell through.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And then Baez and Story from last year. Baez is legit one of the actual worst players in baseball. At least Correa still hits somewhat and is great defensively.

Story was very mid last year and still hasnt even played this year.

Seager outside of a couple tough break injuries has really been the only SS to work. Hes been excellent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you have Dylan Floro now though!

really- Twins only have themselves to blame at this point if they do not win the division.

Though- lets see what happens at the deadline. I am interested to see what the Guardians do. I want them to get a starting pitcher- even if its just a washed guy like Rich Hill or Carlos Carrasco. They need another starter badly. 3 rooks and Aaron Civale is just not tenable.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he sucks but at least its a SP

Thor 2018

611d2431a4b07b0018ae3075

Thor 2023

thor-love-and-thunder-will-avengers-endgames-fat-thor-version-make-it-to-the-film-taika-waititi-reveals.jpg

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syndergaard for Rosario. That's a really weird trade. Rosario's been very underwhelming and Syndergaard's damaged goods.

Last edited: