• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians are going to 4 game sweep the White Sox.

That team is so fucking bad.

They take a 7-2 lead. Had 2nd and 3rd one out with a chance to score more. Moncada the biggest bust ever fails.

Fat boy Lance Lynn immediately blows the lead. HIghlighted by an 0-2 meatball to morel with bases loaded two outs.

Kelly enters with runners on corners in a 7-5 game. Needs 1 out. First batter.......K but its a wild pitch so run scores. Now its 1st and 3rd again 7-6. Next guy he beans him on a 2-2 pitch. Then he walks in the tying run. Then he walks in the go ahead run.

Its now 8-7 cubs. Still batting. Still bases loaded. New Sox pitcher.

That team needs to sell EVERYONE>

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They take a 7-2 lead. Had 2nd and 3rd one out with a chance to score more. Moncada the biggest bust ever fails.

Fat boy Lance Lynn immediately blows the lead. HIghlighted by an 0-2 meatball to morel with bases loaded two outs.

Kelly enters with runners on corners in a 7-5 game. Needs 1 out. First batter.......K but its a wild pitch so run scores. Now its 1st and 3rd again 7-6. Next guy he beans him on a 2-2 pitch. Then he walks in the tying run. Then he walks in the go ahead run.

Cease and/or Giolito could get the Guards, they aren't exactly a monster lineup.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cease and/or Giolito could get the Guards, they aren't exactly a monster lineup.

We scored 2 runs total off those two and won both games.

That team will find a way to lose any and every game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saw this stat yesterday

the biggest contract in the history of the White Sox is what?

blew me away.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go get Carlos Carrasco from the Mets!!! have them pay his salary and give them a prospect. I want Cookie back!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got Thor instead. Useless
Not sure what he’s done this year but the Phil’s acquired him at the deadline last year. He was plugged in as the 5th starter and for the most part gave them about 5 innings and kept them in the ball game through most of his starts. If I remember correctly they even gave him a playoff start. He didn’t last more than a couple innings but he kept them in the game.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what he’s done this year but the Phil’s acquired him at the deadline last year. He was plugged in as the 5th starter and for the most part gave them about 5 innings and kept them in the ball game through most of his starts. If I remember correctly they even gave him a playoff start. He didn’t last more than a couple innings but he kept them in the game.

Hes got a 7.16 era in 50 innings and currently on the IL lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon guys

without looking it up- who has the biggets contract dollar wise in White Sox history?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course out of Freeman, Rocchio and Arias - Francona decides to start Arias- who cant hit. My only hope is they are trying to showcase him for a trade

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon guys

without looking it up- who has the biggets contract dollar wise in White Sox history?

It's Benintendi. I only know that because our local radio play-by-play guy is as flabbergasted with that fact as you are. He brings it up almost every time the Twins play them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Benintendi. I only know that because our local radio play-by-play guy is as flabbergasted with that fact as you are. He brings it up almost every time the Twins play them.
its insane to me.

The Chicago White Sox- most they ever spent on a contract is 75M- for a slightly above average player like Benintendi. Just crazy

the Guardians are cheap as fuck and have 2 $100 mill players in Jose and Gimenez on the team right now.

Twins have to have a few. I know Mauer got a ton forever ago. Buxton got a lot. Correa got a shit load. Donaldson got a ton of money.

I dont think any of those 3 teams has ever paid a pitcher huge money though. Maybe Gray will get a 4 year 100 mill deal or something.....Glad Guards did not pay Bieber.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if Bibee will ever be a #1....but he has very solid #2 written all over him.

Williams and Espino have #1 potential but I feel there floors are lower than Bibee's- more risk. McKenzie has some high potential as well.

If I could pick one pitcher in the AL Central right now based on age/contract/stuff/health for the long term it would probably be Bibee.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grayson Rodriguez is one of the most over-rated pitching prospects I can remember.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its insane to me.

The Chicago White Sox- most they ever spent on a contract is 75M- for a slightly above average player like Benintendi. Just crazy

the Guardians are cheap as fuck and have 2 $100 mill players in Jose and Gimenez on the team right now.

Twins have to have a few. I know Mauer got a ton forever ago. Buxton got a lot. Correa got a shit load. Donaldson got a ton of money.

I dont think any of those 3 teams has ever paid a pitcher huge money though. Maybe Gray will get a 4 year 100 mill deal or something.....Glad Guards did not pay Bieber.

Supposedly the White Sox were runners up for Machado. But where would you rather live and work, the South side of Chicago or San Diego?

I really don't think that team is going to be relevant again as long as Reinsdorf is the owner. He is a guy stuck in the 90s in terms of how to run a team and he may well end up firing his second manager in as many years.

If Gray gets 4/100, it won't be from us. The Twins will never pay for a premium pitcher on the open market and rarely will keep their own. That's just an organizational philosophy that I don't think is ever going to change as long as the Pohlads own the team (The 3rd generation is taking over now).

The View on pitching by this team is that there is an inherent risk of injury that isn't there with position players and they don't want that kind of sunk cost at the end of a contract.

Cleveland is in a unique spot because you guys produce pitching better than almost every other team in the league. Bieber would be a guy that I would have paid. I'd have been wrong.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Central is talking about changing the atmosphere in the clubhouse on the South Side. Andrew Vaughn and Tim Anderson to the Giants for Joey Bart and Casey Schmitt. They suggest Lance Lynn to the Reds (not sure about this. He throws a lot of homer balls already and in that bandbox of a park he could challenge Blyelven's major league record of 50 in a season). Yes, the Reds have all the prospects that the Sox would need to make a deal.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Central is talking about changing the atmosphere in the clubhouse on the South Side. Andrew Vaughn and Tim Anderson to the Giants for Joey Bart and Casey Schmitt. They suggest Lance Lynn to the Reds (not sure about this. He throws a lot of homer balls already and in that bandbox of a park he could challenge Blyelven's major league record of 50 in a season). Yes, the Reds have all the prospects that the Sox would need to make a deal.

If I'm the Reds, I'm trying for Cease. Lance Lynn is fried and no playoff team should have him in their rotation. I wouldn't take him for free, because the second things go south, he shuts down and pouts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Reds, I'm trying for Cease. Lance Lynn is fried and no playoff team should have him in their rotation. I wouldn't take him for free, because the second things go south, he shuts down and pouts.
I think Francona could straighten out Lynn. I would take him considering the pitching injuries. Lynn would not whine for very long around Tito.

Cease would be pretty expensive.

Honestly though- I bet they could get him for what the Twins gave them for Mahle- and Cease is better and had more control.