• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC CHAMPIONSHIP DUH PATSIES

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a good chance this time. If the Killer Bs are on their game, and the D manages to put some pressure on Plays-in-a-Dress, they'll get the job done.

It's never easy to beat Brady in his backyard but I think BigBen & His Boys will fair better than K.C. would have. The offense is playing great & the Pats won't be able to just key on 1 player. I think the AFCCG will come down to the team that makes the least mistakes & controls the clock will punch their ticket to SB 51. I expect the Pats to be favored, but not by much. Just hoping the Steelers can take care of business.

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell will be the key to this game. Keeping Brady off the field is the best way to beat the Pats. We've been a good possession team so I think we could do it. Everyone is gonna hype the Ben-Brady match-up but I think Bell will be the key. 31-24 us and on to Houston.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers 27
Well Rested Assholes 23
c6217f62cd7f795b50c4d7b720c370f8.jpg

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy with the win over KC. However, it is time to play a team that has tormented the Steelers over the years. This team must get over this hump. I just want to be able to say I saw them take down New England. Just once. January 2002 and January 2005 were brutal. Maybe the key to doing it is having to do it on the road this time? That is one thing I respect about Baltimore. They don't play scared against New England. It's time to resolve this! This team certainly has the weapons. They had better use them wisely and get some damn touchdowns. Time for Ben to be mentioned with the elite QB's! Go up there and win this freaking game! Play a well rounded game!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Tomlin's chance to get one over BB when it really counts...he's talked shit (thanks AB for letting us in on it :nod:) now it's time to back it up.

The bottom line imo...

PIT OFC vs NE DEF...Pats DEF ranks #1 allowing the fewest pts in the league. It looks daunting on paper and make no mistake, they are good. But, this might be where getting rid of their best two pass rushers comes back to haunt BB. They have always been a sound scheme DEF, but their best teams had top tier playmakers on DEF on the front 7. This team doesn't have that guy.

This will be a game where Haley can be creative, but at the same time, he can impose his will on their front 7 and see how they respond. They are going to know most of the plays that PIT likes to run, can they stop it for 4 quarters?

PIT DEF vs NE OFC...NE ranks #3 scoring... I've called McDaniels the best big game playcaller in the game. I'm sure he'll find a way to get one of his slot guys on Timmons in space. The big key...tackle, tackle, tackle, don't let those 5 yd rub routes turn into 15-20 yd plays...keep Blount from getting to the second level....hit Brady whenever the opportunity comes up.

Finally, the Patriots don't beat themselves. To win in NE, you have to flat out play better than they do.

I think Tomlin now has the athletes on both sides of the ball to get it done.

PIT 27-NE 21

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Tomlin's chance to get one over BB when it really counts...he's talked shit (thanks AB for letting us in on it :nod:) now it's time to back it up.

The bottom line imo...

PIT OFC vs NE DEF...Pats DEF ranks #1 allowing the fewest pts in the league. It looks daunting on paper and make no mistake, they are good. But, this might be where getting rid of their best two pass rushers comes back to haunt BB. They have always been a sound scheme DEF, but their best teams had top tier playmakers on DEF on the front 7. This team doesn't have that guy.

This will be a game where Haley can be creative, but at the same time, he can impose his will on their front 7 and see how they respond. They are going to know most of the plays that PIT likes to run, can they stop it for 4 quarters?

PIT DEF vs NE OFC...NE ranks #3 scoring... I've called McDaniels the best big game playcaller in the game. I'm sure he'll find a way to get one of his slot guys on Timmons in space. The big key...tackle, tackle, tackle, don't let those 5 yd rub routes turn into 15-20 yd plays...keep Blount from getting to the second level....hit Brady whenever the opportunity comes up.

Finally, the Patriots don't beat themselves. To win in NE, you have to flat out play better than they do.

I think Tomlin now has the athletes on both sides of the ball to get it done.

PIT 27-NE 21
at the beginning of the season I never thought that our D could get to the point where it is now .. and in the last game between these 2 teams brady beat landry not ben and it was only by 11 points .. its gonna be a nail biter of a game sunday but I feel that we will win .. so Ill go with 24 pitt-21ne a late very long fg by the steelers in the last seconds of the game takes the tital ..they will be boswelled

16106014_979254502207573_1558273159295960914_n.jpg

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question each offense can score. It's which D can makes the key stops, a key 3rd and out, keeps people out of the end-zone etc.
i hear ya 03 ... its gonna be a tight game no walk in the park on either side of the ball for both teams .. I just gotta stock up on my bp pills gotta feeling ill be popping them like candy :L

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
i hear ya 03 ... its gonna be a tight game no walk in the park on either side of the ball for both teams .. I just gotta stock up on my bp pills gotta feeling ill be popping them like candy :L
I'll send ya some of mine, just got a three month refill.........hahaha

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Good friend of mine here on the left is a huge Patsie fan.
Really want to rub this one in her face.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't feel great about this game. I think we will get out-coached. If we win, it will be because Ben played the game of his life. I really think Bell is going to have a big game though, by design. I think the Pats will sell out to take Brown out of the game and bank on containing Bell in the redzone. I worry that we gave them a blue print last week with Bell running wild on not scoring points. If I had to bet Bell gets 150 and it doesn't bother BB at all.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
I honestly don't feel great about this game. I think we will get out-coached. If we win, it will be because Ben played the game of his life. I really think Bell is going to have a big game though, by design. I think the Pats will sell out to take Brown out of the game and bank on containing Bell in the redzone. I worry that we gave them a blue print last week with Bell running wild on not scoring points. If I had to bet Bell gets 150 and it doesn't bother BB at all.
I kinda have that feeling before every game.
Not sure if it' their inconsistencies, not being able to score a TD, or what, but just worry that a SB caliber team might not show up.
But with that being said........GO STEELERS.....