• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC CHAMPIONSHIP DUH PATSIES

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way they were handling him, I thought he would be mostly a decoy if he played.

I have no issues with Green, he can't help that he has a soft head or whatever, but not everybody can play in the NFL...he's one that shouldn't be playing. Cut bait, save that cap money, and maybe look at the TE kid from Bama if he's on the board and no pass rushers are.

why-so-serious-dark-knight.gif

LOL, I don't have anything against him personally. I think he was a waste of cap money, that we could of recovered if the F/O would of handled like they should of.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why-so-serious-dark-knight.gif

LOL, I don't have anything against him personally. I think he was a waste of cap money, that we could of recovered if the F/O would of handled like they should of.

I don't disagree, a complete waste...I just see so many negative comment directed at him, and I don't think he had much control of it.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, a complete waste...I just see so many negative comment directed at him, and I don't think he had much control of it.
True and the Steelers knew he was damaged goods when they signed him. I think they were betting that he could finally stay healthy but that gamble didn't pay off.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Oh well, let the off season begin. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and the Steelers knew he was damaged goods when they signed him. I think they were betting that he could finally stay healthy but that gamble didn't pay off.

There's no way to sugarcoat it...they missed on Green...looks like a good talent. Knowing how stubborn Tomlin is about his FA picks, unless he retires, I expect Green to be back next year. But he shouldn't be playing...neither should the LB in CAR...Keughley (sp)

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way to sugarcoat it...they missed on Green...looks like a good talent. Knowing how stubborn Tomlin is about his FA picks, unless he retires, I expect Green to be back next year. But he shouldn't be playing...neither should the LB in CAR...Keughley (sp)
I agree Green should be playing anymore. If he doesn't. he'll be on the PUP most of the year again!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Green should be playing anymore. If he doesn't. he'll be on the PUP most of the year again!

I've played in a few charity golf tourneys with mostly older former NFL players...70s/80s era that Art Shell used to run here back in the late 90s early 00s...I've seen some guys in decent physical shape but mentally a wreck, and other guy mentally fine, but knee/hip replacements, etc...it's the nature of the job.

I know the money is good, but Guys like Green would be smart get out while they can still have a decent quality of life...10-20-30 yrs from now.

From a Steelers standpoint, that's a roster and cap spot that needs to be going to somebody that can be out on the field on Sundays....Playing a game or two, take a hit and you're out for 5 weeks is not a worthwhile investment.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The coaches should be taking a long look in the mirror this week because the excuse that "they just played better than us today" isn't going to cut it. That was flat out embarrassing how outcoached the Steelers were. And that starts at the top with Tomlin. I know Tomlin has his fingerprints all over this defense, so the refusal to give up the zone coverage has every bit to do with him as it does Butler.

Face, I can't defend the zone but I can say all the big pass plays against the Pats were zone defense too.
I have been cursing the zone all year.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face, I can't defend the zone but I can say all the big pass plays against the Pats were zone defense too.
I have been cursing the zone all year.....
Tomlin is all about the Tampa 2 & zone defenses and he defends it all the time saying "it still works in today's NFL", but here we are looking at game film and how easily exposed it is. It may get you to the playoffs every year, but it will NEVER get you past elite QBs. Look at what Rodgers did to them in the 2010/11 superbowl, and what Brady did yesterday. The evidence is as clear as day.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin is all about the Tampa 2 & zone defenses and he defends it all the time saying "it still works in today's NFL", but here we are looking at game film and how easily exposed it is. It may get you to the playoffs every year, but it will NEVER get you past elite QBs. Look at what Rodgers did to them in the 2010/11 superbowl, and what Brady did yesterday. The evidence is as clear as day.
I hear ya and agree Face but I will point out that I don't think Gay could've covered Hogan in man-to-man either but maybe I'm wrong. What they could've done was line Harrison or another LB up on Hogan to 'bump' him off his route. That's still allowed right? But I don't know if you need to be in zone or man to man for that to happen!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a zone guy in general as a base DEF, but the zone itself is not the problem...SEA got to 2 SBs playing a similar DEF.

The problem with THIS zone DEF. PIT does not have ILBs that can cover (sure Shazier can but LT cannot) and they play a soft cushion trying to keep the play in front of them on the edges. Tomlin and Butler decided to keep LT on the field for all 3 downs and he's just not that player anymore....unless you're going to blitz him a smart OC is going to ISO him and win on most of those downs.

On the edges, why have big CBs if you're going to play them 10 yds off the LOS?

Of course it all starts with a pass rush up front and marrying what they can to with the back end.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bring back the zone!!!!!