• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say AD is not top 5 RB all time is ridiculous.

Top Backs of All Time
Walter Payton
Jim Brown
Eric Dickerson
Adrian Peterson

After those 4 there are a bunch of backs that could finish out that top 5. O.J. Simpson, Earl Campbell, Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, LT2.

Vikings fans should get down on their knees and kiss his ass for giving the Vikings even a chance the last 10 years. I just for the life of me can't understand how anyone who calls themselves a Vikings fan can rip him.

He will always be one of my all time favorite players and I hope whoever he ends up with he runs for 1,500 yards!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your obsession with this is ridiculous. Being willing to point out the flaws in his game does not mean you are "bagging on him" or claiming that he wasn't a great RB. In terms of how talented he was in his prime, calling him a top 5 *pure rusher* of all time isn't farfetched. Calling him a top 5 all-around RB in general is just pure bs, though. You have consistently ignored logical arguments against your emotional feelings on this matter.

Looking strictly at the rushing stats, let's say AP has another 1k yard, 10 TD season next year (your 1,500 mark was just absurd, he hasn't hit that mark since 2012, and has only hit it one time besides that in 2008). This would put him at 12,747 rushing yards, 107 TDs. This would put him at #10 in rushing yards, in between Tony Dorsett and Jim Brown. Frank Gore would be #9, but AP isn't surpassing that, especially with Gore still playing. For TD's, AP would have 107, which would put him #5 all time, just 1 TD ahead of Brown. So even if he has another very solid rushing season at age 32, it takes a good amount of homerism to call him top 5 even as a pure rusher (though it could be argued).

When you consider the rest of the aspects of playing RB in the NFL, calling AP top 5 is laughable. He has always sucked at running out of any formation other than the I-formation, has never been able to do anything in the receiving game, and has always been completely worthless as a pass blocker when called to do so. AP has 1,945 yards receiving with 5 TDs. Faulk had 6,875 yrds, 36 TDs, and still has more rushing yards than AP baring AP busting out another 1k yard season. Yet you're such a blind AP homer that you call AP better than Faulk? Get real, I'd take a prime Faulk on my team over a prime AP any day of the week because not only was he a great rusher, he was also an incredible receiver and was good at pass blocking. AP's 1-dimensional style of play limits the offense, regardless of how good he is. He also has always fumbled a lot, including in the biggest games of his life (think 2009 NFC Championship, 2015 wildcard home game loss to Seattle, etc.)

This isn't even considering AP's immense amount of off-field baggage. Did you just miss his 2014 child abuse scandal, or what? You know, the scandal where AP beat his kid who was like 4 years old so badly with a switch that it made his genitals and backside bloody? I'm fine with child discipline, but does that not seem excessive to you to a point where you have to question to guy's character a bit when he beat his small child that badly as a 217lb pro football RB? Then after the NFL suspended him for it that same year, he whined and moaned about wanting to be traded to Dallas, PLUS we heard the Dallas rumors of him talking to Jerry Jones under the table even before that season even started! Then before the 2015 season he and his dad had the audacity to publically cry that the Vikings weren't being fair to him with his pay, even though he had been the top paid RB already! So they rewarded him with a nice extra few years and more money upfront, and had him as the highest paid RB in 2016 to sit out with injury.

When he came back for the Colts game and played like crap, he then continued sitting out and pouting instead of trying to help his team to the playoffs. Then his reaction this offseason was for him and his dad to once again publically pout about the Vikings not being fair to him by declining his grossly overpriced $18 mil dollar 2017 option, and named numerous teams he wanted to play for instead before they even cut him. Instead of sitting down with Spielman and working out a fair contract for both sides (which probably would have paid him better to stay royalty in purple than he would have made anywhere else), he decided to try leaving, and it has backfired on him badly thus far.

Cliffs -
- AP has never shown any loyalty towards the Vikings, yet you whine about fans showing loyalty to him
- AP has a ton of disgusting off-season baggage that you conveniently ignore, makes him hard to like
- AP has always had numerous flaws in his game aside from being a pure I-formation rusher, he's not top 5
- You're too stubborn to accept logic and facts and are a complete homer about AP

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, great runner, but not a well rounded back. His "feeling disrespected" by the Vikes after they paid him millions to do nothing for two seasons really sticks in my craw.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, great runner, but not a well rounded back. His "feeling disrespected" by the Vikes after they paid him millions to do nothing for two seasons really sticks in my craw.

Agreed. I normally like most of OP's posts, but he has been WAY off with his AP apologeticism. Even if AP has a 1k yard season in 2017, he would only be top 9 in rushing yards. With how much his production has dropped off recently, he might not even make the top 10. Calling a one dimensional RB who probably won't crack the top 8 all-time in rushing yards a "top 5 RB" is simply delusional.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP is one of the best pure rushers, perhaps to ever play.

However, to suggest that he's a top 5 RB, overall. Is just utterly silly. Far too many flaws in his game.

Reactions: GNG

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love you guys too... :yo:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about this is I would bet every one of you would put Barry Sanders top 5 yet you bash AD for not doing it all... Hilarious!

Also who gives a shit if he's not top 8 in rushing yards, Jim Brown isn't top 8 either are people who think he's top 5 delusional as well? Emmitt Smith has the most rushing yards of all time and he might not be top 10 of all time.

Your personal feelings on AD don't mean shit, he is top 5 all time! I would love to see some of you guys' top 5...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say AD is not top 5 RB all time is ridiculous.

Top Backs of All Time
Walter Payton
Jim Brown
Eric Dickerson
Adrian Peterson

After those 4 there are a bunch of backs that could finish out that top 5. O.J. Simpson, Earl Campbell, Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, LT2.

Vikings fans should get down on their knees and kiss his ass for giving the Vikings even a chance the last 10 years. I just for the life of me can't understand how anyone who calls themselves a Vikings fan can rip him.

He will always be one of my all time favorite players and I hope whoever he ends up with he runs for 1,500 yards!

Hahahaha

You're a straight up homer on this one my friend.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homerism is gay.

Sorry man.

I didn't even read your entire OP. I couldn't. It was too ridiculous.

FUNNY I dont remember ever doing that to you when you talked about Barry... Thing about it is it really isn't homerism, I wasn't born in Texas, I didn't go to Oklahoma, I love the Vikings but I don't talk about every player whos ever played for them this way...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUNNY I dont remember ever doing that to you when you talked about Barry... Thing about it is it really isn't homerism, I wasn't born in Texas, I didn't go to Oklahoma, I love the Vikings but I don't talk about every player whos ever played for them this way...
Your first sentence did it for me.

You start off my saying anyone who doesn't agree with you is ridiculous. When you're saying a ridiculous thing. Because he played for your favorite team.

He has less yards from scrimmage than Matt Forte. Who came into the league AFTER AP did.

I don't see anyway he can be above Tomlinson, Marcus Allen, Faulk or Thurman Thomas. And I'm not sure Id have more than one of them in my Top Five. If any.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first sentence did it for me.

You start off my saying anyone who doesn't agree with you is ridiculous. When you're saying a ridiculous thing. Because he played for your favorite team.

He has less yards from scrimmage than Matt Forte. Who came into the league AFTER AP did.

I don't see anyway he can be above Tomlinson, Marcus Allen, Faulk or Thurman Thomas. And I'm not sure Id have more than one of them in my Top Five. If any.

The problem is more yards doesn't = better, is Emmitt the GOAT?

Matt Forte? The one who has 2,300 less yards rushing in one more season? The fact he has been used more in the passing game doesn't put him in the conversation.

Marcus Allen? Probably the most overrated back in the history of the game.

Just an honest question why is Barry #1 or at least #2 for you? Is it yards?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is more yards doesn't = better, is Emmitt the GOAT?

Matt Forte? The one who has 2,300 less yards rushing in one more season? The fact he has been used more in the passing game doesn't put him in the conversation.

Marcus Allen? Probably the most overrated back in the history of the game.

Just an honest question why is Barry #1 or at least #2 for you? Is it yards?
Forte came into the league after Peterson did. (He hasn't been suspended, which I'm
Not holding against him.)He's played in one less season. Gaining yards can come via carry or reception. And Peterson never has been one to get receptions. Less of a complete back in my eyes.

Not sure what Barry has to do with this tbh. Just like to I don't understand Bears fans that want to talk Stafford when Cutler is the conversation.

And no, Emmitt Smith is not the GOAT. I'd put him ahead of AP though.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte came into the league after Peterson did. (He hasn't been suspended, which I'm
Not holding against him.)He's played in one less season. Gaining yards can come via carry or reception. And Peterson never has been one to get receptions. Less of a complete back in my eyes.

Not sure what Barry has to do with this tbh. Just like to I don't understand Bears fans that want to talk Stafford when Cutler is the conversation.

And no, Emmitt Smith is not the GOAT. I'd put him ahead of AP though.

AD missed 2 1/4 seasons due to suspension and injury.

It's really not so much AD sucked at receiving he just had shitty offenses around him for most of his career and the coaching staff chose not to use him that way because he was just so fucking good running the ball. Was he Marshall Faulk receiving, of course not but he didn't suck. The fact you can talk about Forte in the same conversation is, well, funny.

My point about Barry is other people and now yourself have pointed out that AD isn't a complete back, well neither was Barry and everyone you included have him top 3 easily. Honestly Barry was less a complete back than AD. He didn't always play on short yardage or goal line situations, he was not a good blocker, he was not a good receiver, he disappeared in the playoffs and the one thing that people just never talk about is how much he hurt the team with him bouncing around trying to get more yards all the time. No player I ever seen play turned 2nd and 6 into 3rd and 10 more often than Barry.

Emmitt ahead of AD, lolzzz and Whitey Ford is ahead of Sandy Koufax...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD missed 2 1/4 seasons due to suspension and injury.

It's really not so much AD sucked at receiving he just had shitty offenses around him for most of his career and the coaching staff chose not to use him that way because he was just so fucking good running the ball. Was he Marshall Faulk receiving, of course not but he didn't suck. The fact you can talk about Forte in the same conversation is, well, funny.

My point about Barry is other people and now yourself have pointed out that AD isn't a complete back, well neither was Barry and everyone you included have him top 3 easily. Honestly Barry was less a complete back than AD. He didn't always play on short yardage or goal line situations, he was not a good blocker, he was not a good receiver, he disappeared in the playoffs and the one thing that people just never talk about is how much he hurt the team with him bouncing around trying to get more yards all the time. No player I ever seen play turned 2nd and 6 into 3rd and 10 more often than Barry.

Emmitt ahead of AD, lolzzz and Whitey Ford is ahead of Sandy Koufax...
Forte has more yards from scrimmage. It's a fact more than a comparison. I definitely don't think AP sucks.

For a guy that turned 2nd and 6 into 3rd and 10'so much, it's weird he retired 2nd in rushing yards. 7th in total TDs and 4th in rushing TDs when he quit. I think nobody talks about him hurting the team, because he didn't hurt the team. Not sure why Im even talking Barry here. (Got damn you!)Or with you at all tbh. One bad playoff game is somehow disappeared to you. He scored a TD in the only Lions playoff win during my lifetime. (He did have a shit game in there. I forget against who.)The franchise disappears in the playoffs. Hell, it disappears a month before the playoffs even start usually. The Lions are prolly Top Four in worst sports franchise since color TV. (Maple Leafs, Clippers, Browns, any Order. Mariners also shitty, but more Superstars, especially at the same time.)

Getting hurt or suspended hurts a team. And personal glory. And I think that's the narrative for AP when it's finally all said and done.

Bo Jackson, Billy Sims and Gale Sayers are the Kings of what might have been. I don't have an issue with AP being the new King of that category. (I'd have him ahead of all three alltime on any list.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much have you wanted to do this?

I just noticed OP was over two weeks ago. Lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte has more yards from scrimmage. It's a fact more than a comparison. I definitely don't think AP sucks.

For a guy that turned 2nd and 6 into 3rd and 10'so much, it's weird he retired 2nd in rushing yards. 7th in total TDs and 4th in rushing TDs when he quit. I think nobody talks about him hurting the team, because he didn't hurt the team. Not sure why Im even talking Barry here. (Got damn you!)Or with you at all tbh. One bad playoff game is somehow disappeared to you. He scored a TD in the only Lions playoff win during my lifetime. (He did have a shit game in there. I forget against who.)The franchise disappears in the playoffs. Hell, it disappears a month before the playoffs even start usually. The Lions are prolly Top Four in worst sports franchise since color TV. (Maple Leafs, Clippers, Browns, any Order. Mariners also shitty, but more Superstars, especially at the same time.)

Getting hurt or suspended hurts a team. And personal glory. And I think that's the narrative for AP when it's finally all said and done.

Bo Jackson, Billy Sims and Gale Sayers are the Kings of what might have been. I don't have an issue with AP being the new King of that category. (I'd have him ahead of all three alltime on any list.)

He scored a TD in his first playoff game, never scored another one in 5 more games. He gained more than 69 yards once in 6 games, 4.2 YPC and was a non factor in the passing game.

It isn't weird he finished second all time in yards, he was an excellent back and when your team is losing 27 - 10 late in the 4th quarter and you have 17 carries for 54 yards ripping a 40 yarder in garbage time sure does help.

This wasn't an attempt to rip Barry (I actually liked Barry quite a bit when he wasn't shredding the Vikings defense) rather an attempt to show what I consider hypocrisy in the fact people say AD wasn't a complete back and no way he's top 5 and yet Sanders who was less a complete back is top 3 no question.

The suspension did hurt the Vikes no question, that was fucked up no doubt about it!

AD never actually quit on his coaches, teammates, fans and city the way Barry did.

Yet after all this somehow Barry gets a pass...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much have you wanted to do this?

I just noticed OP was over two weeks ago. Lol

LOLZZZZ I have gone a bit overboard here and this was never meant to be a shit show I just think people only remember the bad with AD, that's why I posted the video in the OP, the guy was an absolute fucking monster off the field shit aside he is top 3 Vikings of all time with Page & Moss...