• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers is done

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick a fork in his ass. This is more than just a slump this is like 2-3 years of steadily getting worse in every major statistical category. This has to be the fastest decline for a superstar in his prime ever. He went from best ever to worst in the NFL.

He's last in comp %
he's 20th in QB rating (hasn't been over 100 in over a year)
28th in yards per attempt.

All of this despite having many WR weapons, the best pass blocking offensive line in the NFL (Pro football focuts), Lacy is avg over 5.5 YPC. Literally the conditions to throw can't be much better. An avg QB would be lighting up the score board and passing stats easily. Really the only decent Defense they've played this season so far was Minn.

I remember when he first played vs the Cowboys in 08 when Favre was injured. At that time I said he already looked better than Romo and Favre. In 2010 he became the best QB in the game and held that title through 2014. At one point I thought he was going to be the GOAT. Now, he's holding this team back with terrible accuracy, a turnover machine, holds onto the ball for hours too long, doesn't take the check down passes and wants to be the hero and throw deep. It's been difficult to watch but I just think mentally he doesn't have it and it's affected his play. It's too bad because now GB fans will always think of Rodgers as what could've been instead of what they accomplished. Yes MM probably cost them a SB or two but the play now and last year is on him.

RIP Rodgers

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mental? Physical? Some of both?

Too early to say he's 'done.' Has to be concerning though.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he is done but the OP is right that this has been going on for a while now. Something just isn't right and getting Jordy back wasn't the answer. Also I know Packer fans love Clay Matthews but there are to many games where he absolutely does nothing. Well got the Bears next so maybe that will get things going. Peace.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, he was missing WIDE OPEN receivers. Kind of shocking.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7c545e9d50137b5484cffcbebfb0c7b06a1e4aadb8602e89dfa0e1eb9dde0d64.jpg

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he is done but the OP is right that this has been going on for a while now. Something just isn't right and getting Jordy back wasn't the answer. Also I know Packer fans love Clay Matthews but there are to many games where he absolutely does nothing. Well got the Bears next so maybe that will get things going. Peace.

CMIII doesn't do much of anything anymore except an occasional unblocked or coverage sack. Jordy is washed up goods. We might lose to the Bears as well with our top 3 DB's our and Lacy at 50%/out.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was always a great front runner. But his ego was fragile and has been cracked.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mental? Physical? Some of both?

Too early to say he's 'done.' Has to be concerning though.

Can't be physical as his arm appears as strong as ever and he's actually running quite well. His carelessness with the ball, indecisiveness and accuracy has been the main problem. He looked better in 2007 as a backup than he does right now.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep or when he did hit them it was still behind or short.

Yeah, that crossing route to the RB looked like a long TD and he had to turn around and grab it near the ground. The old Rodgers would have turned that into a 60 yard TD.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick a fork in his ass. This is more than just a slump this is like 2-3 years of steadily getting worse in every major statistical category. This has to be the fastest decline for a superstar in his prime ever. He went from best ever to worst in the NFL.

He's last in comp %
he's 20th in QB rating (hasn't been over 100 in over a year)
28th in yards per attempt.

All of this despite having many WR weapons, the best pass blocking offensive line in the NFL (Pro football focuts), Lacy is avg over 5.5 YPC. Literally the conditions to throw can't be much better. An avg QB would be lighting up the score board and passing stats easily. Really the only decent Defense they've played this season so far was Minn.

I remember when he first played vs the Cowboys in 08 when Favre was injured. At that time I said he already looked better than Romo and Favre. In 2010 he became the best QB in the game and held that title through 2014. At one point I thought he was going to be the GOAT. Now, he's holding this team back with terrible accuracy, a turnover machine, holds onto the ball for hours too long, doesn't take the check down passes and wants to be the hero and throw deep. It's been difficult to watch but I just think mentally he doesn't have it and it's affected his play. It's too bad because now GB fans will always think of Rodgers as what could've been instead of what they accomplished. Yes MM probably cost them a SB or two but the play now and last year is on him.

RIP Rodgers

Snap the fuck out of it, he was never the best ever nor was he ever the best in the game. :L

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be physical as his arm appears as strong as ever and he's actually running quite well. His carelessness with the ball, indecisiveness and accuracy has been the main problem. He looked better in 2007 as a backup than he does right now.

Then he's not necessarily done. Confidence is a weird thing for QB's. Guy I covered for years here in town, would see-saw from series to series sometimes. When he'd get happy feet and start throwing off his back foot, he was awful. Get his mechanics back and start striding into throws, MVP type player.

Saw a three year swing (as an aging vet) where people were writing him off as out of the league, to Grey Cup MVP.

Would Rogers be open to a sports psychologist?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how about the RB who supposedly went all Jenny Craig and got in shape?

Lacy looks like Oprah Winfrey. Dayum, what a fucking pig.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Description Vikings defense as decent is bit on an understatement

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he's not necessarily done. Confidence is a weird thing for QB's. Guy I covered for years here in town, would see-saw from series to series sometimes. When he'd get happy feet and start throwing off his back foot, he was awful. Get his mechanics back and start striding into throws, MVP type player.

Saw a three year swing (as an aging vet) where people were writing him off as out of the league, to Grey Cup MVP.

Would Rogers be open to a sports psychologist?

He lost a coach that would grade every single play for him in 2014 I believe. Even when Rodgers had a near perfect game the guy would give him a low grade and always expect more and more. Rodgers hated him but he needed it because it made him who he was. After this QB coach left it's been all down hill.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is one of the most shocking rapid declines I've ever seen for a QB.

One would think he should still be in the middle of his prime, given his age.

Though not the same caliber of QB Rodgers has been, Matt Schaub quickly went from a very good QB to garbage at about the same age as Rodgers.

So, it can happen.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how about the RB who supposedly went all Jenny Craig and got in shape?

Lacy looks like Oprah Winfrey. Dayum, what a fucking pig.

I have no fucking idea how you could make it to the NFL and just let yourself turn into an elephant. He has the BMI of an avg offensive linemen right now. There's no excuse for him to be over 230 lbs at 5'11. Most RB's are like 10-15 % body fat. Lacy looks like 35-40% right now and it's disgusting.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the Olivia munn lady? Or is it his family that thinks he is a doucher?