• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Kromer Arrested for Battery

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator and current Buffalo Bills offensive line coach Aaron Kromer was arrested in Walton County, Florida early Sunday morning and charged with misdemeanor battery with intent to cause bodily harm.

The Walton County Sherriff's Office released a statement with more details of the arrest. The report states that Kromer and his son confronted a group of three boys fishing on the beach over the use of beach chairs. Kromer then "grabbed their fishing pole and threw the pole into the water and then pushed one of the boys to the ground and punched him in the face.

After Kromer told the boys to return the beach chairs, "the victim stated Kromer also told him if he reported him to the police he would kill his family."

^meatball football coach thinks it's a great idea to this? I want to hear the rest of the story...of course there is always the other side. Who knows what the "boys" said to him. BUT of course this is the same guy who threw his QB under the bus, lied about it, than when caught gave an apology to the whole team. *was the only assistant coach on the staff that was terminated immediately at the end of the season.
Somewhere Jay has cracked a smile.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Something is egregiously wrong when something like this amounts to a felony. Sure, he acted like a moron. But felony battery? Uh...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is egregiously wrong when something like this amounts to a felony. Sure, he acted like a moron. But felony battery? Uh...
I know we don't know the whole story... but when you punch someone in the face and push him down- it's assault. When it's a "kid" it seems worse- Of course I'm picturing some 12 year old who politely says- "I'm sorry Sir, we were just sitting on the chairs, we'll move now" and Kromer comes by and and says "Go F yourself, you're the reason I'm no longer coaching the Chicago Bears!!!" and Grabs his fishing pole throws it in the water pushes him down, jumps on top and smashes him in his face.

*it was just released the "kids" name was in fact Kay Jutler.
** This hasn't been confirmed yet.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Obviously we need to hear the context of the events first. If he just randomly and psychotics lot beat up some ten year old, yeah sure fuck him. But if some 17 year old punks took his shit and taunted him like "what are you gonna do about it old man", and he punched one of them and have him a black eye (which according to reports is the injury in question), then he should have gotten nothing for teaching the kid a lesson he obviously deserved. Calling that "assault" maybe be technically right, but it totally demeans the normally understood meaning of the word. And in no universe should that be a felony. Except for modern America, with it's ever present armies of armchair lynch mobs.

I don't know which is closer to the truth, will wait to hear the story, but not jumping to any dumbshit conclusions like some daytime television housewife moron.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously we need to hear the context of the events first. If he just randomly and psychotics lot beat up some ten year old, yeah sure fuck him. But if some 17 year old punks took his shit and taunted him like "what are you gonna do about it old man", and he punched one of them and have him a black eye (which according to reports is the injury in question), then he should have gotten nothing for teaching the kid a lesson he obviously deserved. Calling that "assault" maybe be technically right, but it totally demeans the normally understood meaning of the word. And in no universe should that be a felony. Except for modern America, with it's ever present armies of armchair lynch mobs.

I don't know which is closer to the truth, will wait to hear the story, but not jumping to any dumbshit conclusions like some daytime television housewife moron.

Like most things, it's likely something in between both of those extremes. Maybe the details get out and we find out it was brutal and unnecessary? I don't know. We live in child obsessed culture, so who knows what to think… but there's a part of me that also says, that if they gave him a felony charge. It must have been pretty bad.

C

cubzzzfanincali

but there's a part of me that also says, that if they gave him a felony charge. It must have been pretty bad.

Yeah, maybe so. On the other hand, given the epidemic of out-of-control cops and DAs in this country, maybe not. No I'm not saying that's true for all of them but there are many....and DAs are worse than cops because there's way too much glorification of them. I'll await drawing conclusions until I hear some actual facts.

C

cubzzzfanincali

well, I haven't heard any details as to why, but they dropped the charges against him today.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Charge was dropped at the request of the accusers' parents...as an amicable resolution of the matter had been reached between all concerned"

That says to me that some nice CASH changed hands... and The shithead who throws his own players under the bus didn't want to go to court and be exposed as Kidpuncher. Kid get's punched by asshole and get's a nice college fund.

C

cubzzzfanincali

that's obviously one of the two most likely reasons why. The other obvious possibility is that the parents realized their sons had been wrong and didn't want to see the guy's life ruined because of their bad behavior. We still don't know either way.

Nice to see you are still in the lynchmob though Joey. That's reassuring, you showing your consistency in the patience of your judgment.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's obviously one of the two most likely reasons why. The other obvious possibility is that the parents realized their sons had been wrong and didn't want to see the guy's life ruined because of their bad behavior. We still don't know either way.

Nice to see you are still in the lynchmob though Joey. That's reassuring, you showing your consistency in the patience of your judgment.

Ya right. Fat-fucking-chance. You been in America long?

C

cubzzzfanincali

heh, you know,there are a FEW people walking around still who aren't unprincipled sue-happy cash-grabbing pricks.

I think I saw one a few weeks ago. I think.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills suspend Kromer without pay for first 6 games, but I'm sure he was completely innocent.

From Mike Florio
"The six-game suspension matches the new baseline punishment for crimes of violence under the Revised Personal Conduct Policy. Even though Kromer ultimately will face no criminal punishment (the charges against him recently were dropped, possibly in exchange for a civil settlement), the NFL applies a higher standard to its employees..."

It's really not that hard to be a good person, Aaron. You should try it some time.

C

cubzzzfanincali

If he was that bad, they would have just fired him outright. Welcome to the modern NFL, with a PR machine carefully calibrated to fans like Joey. It works well.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the bastard won't even apologize for it... he's just a smug P.O.S.

His words:
“I’m sure everybody wants to hear about what happened over the last couple of weeks, and I’m not at liberty to talk about it,” Kromer said, via Syracuse.com.
“I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am to be back here at training camp, how grateful I am for Terry Pegula, Kim Pegula, Russ Brandon and, of course, (coach) Rex (Ryan) for allowing me back to do my job.”
“All I can say is I’m excited to be back here working with the talent we have on the offensive line and making them the best they can be this training camp and getting them ready for the season,” he continued. “That’s my whole goal, that’s my whole focus at this point. I’m excited to be able to do that.”
“We issued a statement as an organization and so I’m really not going to add a whole lot to that,” Ryan said, referring to the statement issued by Bills president Russ Brandon.

Not one mention of: regretful actions, poor decisions, anger management concerns, or smaller bank account. :-o

Bills' Kromer issues suspension statement without apology | Yardbarker.com

C

cubzzzfanincali

remind me, where are the facts/details of the events located so that I can read them and see how you drew your conclusion that he's a bastard? Thanks in advance.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you defending this guy? Or is it just to go against anything I write per usual?
Hey Cali... there is very little water in California- Do you agree? (just checking)

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'm neither defending him nor judging him. I have this annoying tendency to gather actual facts before drawing a judgment about someone. This may come as a surprise to you, but I do that all the time, with all kinds of people. I know, it's kind of old fashioned and stupid, right? It's much easier to just label somebody, even if totally wrongly.

I guess I have been alive long enough and seen enough people's reputations destroyed by nothing more than the ignorance of others to consider it wrong. In this guy's case - again - I don't know if he was an asshole or if he got screwed over by some punks. But if you expect me to join your posse, you'd better give me a reason other than bad innuendo.

I hope to God you never serve on a jury Joey. You don't seem to understand the most basic elements of analysis and coming to a conclusion.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Incidentally, if you want "proof", I did the same thing with Ray McDonald, who I don't recall you saying anything either way on. That's because I treat these subjects the same way - not according to some automatic reaction that you have, but rather that each case is an individual case and way too many people draw way too many conclusions too quickly. Too many people in our society get destroyed over hysteria and ignorance nowadays, mainly because our society considers snarky judgmentalism to be hip and cool, no matter how much it might suffer under patient, thoughtful consideration (see Jon Leibowitz...err...stage name Stewart, as a perfect example of this).

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA! You're funny. I haven't seen you demonstrate your "patient, thoughtful consideration" of much since I've been on here...you are just as reactionary and judgmental. You have used: Homophobic, sarcastic sympathy, and meatballistic routes too many times to count.

And How Dare You disparage a NATIONAL TREASURE like John Stewart! shame on you! :)
(it does make sense now that you wouldn't like the truth! ha) Go Jay Cutler! Still NO picks in camp!