• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Fair and Honest look at the 2018 Michigan Schedule

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harbaugh has knowingly been using a system his QBs couldnt handle for the past 3 years? Strange tactic

He runs a pro style offense, which means he recruits pocket QB’s, not dual threat QB’s. Running a read option would be like a fitting a round peg, into a circle hole. They don’t have the personnel for it.

As I said — in a perfect world — UM would have had QB depth when he got here. They literally had nothing. The QB who lost his job at Iowa was our starting QB. It isn’t difficult to understand — it isn’t like true freshman QBs starting is the norm. And a true freshman starting in a pro style offense is even more rare.

If you’d like — I can post a link that explains the differences between a pro style and spread/read option offense.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harbaugh has knowingly been using a system his QBs couldnt handle for the past 3 years? Strange tactic
giphy.gif

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He runs a pro style offense, which means he recruits pocket QB’s, not dual threat QB’s. Running a read option would be like a fitting a round peg, into a circle hole. They don’t have the personnel for it.

As I said — in a perfect world — UM would have had QB depth when he got here. They literally had nothing. The QB who lost his job at Iowa was our starting QB. It isn’t difficult to understand — it isn’t like true freshman QBs starting is the norm. And a true freshman starting in a pro style offense is even more rare.

If you’d like — I can post a link that explains the differences between a pro style and spread/read option offense.
3 years is a long time to find a QB, no?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We had a true freshman QB last year and won the Cotton Bowl. True sophomore this year won the Orange Bowl.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or he could evaluate talent and develop his own talent better. He wont always fall into an Andrew Luck to make himself look good.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he could evaluate talent and develop his own talent better. He wont always fall into an Andrew Luck to make himself look good.

Or a Josh Johnson, or a Alex Smith, or a Colin Kaepernick. Mentioning Luck is foolish, when the majority of his stops he has had game managers at best at QB

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years is a long time to find a QB, no?
He signed to coach UM a month before the signing deadline — he had no recruiting class his first year.
His 2nd year, he recruited Brandon Peters, who redshirted, and it is obvious why, because in year 2 in the program, he has still struggled to learn the offense. They cut the playbook in half to get him on the field.
Last year, we signed Dylan McCaffrey — 6’5” 195 lbs, which is his listed weight. He probably weighed closer to 180. He redshirted.

So in 3 years — only one QB has dressed for UM. As I said, in a perfect world, you’d have depth in the QB room. UM had nothing. It isn’t like I made the statement about UM recently — I literally posted when Harbaugh signed on — we wouldn’t find out how good UM can be until he finds a QB to run his offense. It hasn’t changed.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a Josh Johnson, or a Alex Smith, or a Colin Kaepernick. Mentioning Luck is foolish, when the majority of his stops he has had game managers at best at QB
So harbs had Smith who was a first pick, Kaepernick who was 13th and the foolish one Andrew Luck. Yes poor Harbs has had nothing to work with his whole career.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed to coach UM a month before the signing deadline — he had no recruiting class his first year.
His 2nd year, he recruited Brandon Peters, who redshirted, and it is obvious why, because in year 2 in the program, he has still struggled to learn the offense. They cut the playbook in half to get him on the field.
Last year, we signed Dylan McCaffrey — 6’5” 195 lbs, which is his listed weight. He probably weighed closer to 180. He redshirted.

So in 3 years — only one QB has dressed for UM. As I said, in a perfect world, you’d have depth in the QB room. UM had nothing. It isn’t like I made the statement about UM recently — I literally posted when Harbaugh signed on — we wouldn’t find out how good UM can be until he finds a QB to run his offense. It hasn’t changed.
So harbs can only do well in a "perfect world". I bet many others coaches would love to have that excuse at the ready.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we should ignore all the quarterbacks he steals from other teams that doesn’t fit his system?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt a smart coach run a system that works with the players he has? Until he get's his kinda players. It's football. He didn't inherit basketball players.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt a smart coach run a system that works with the players he has? Until he get's his kinda players. It's football. He didn't inherit basketball players.
No the great harbs has his perfect system and the players better fit that system or he justs has an excuse for "next year".

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shea Patterson is able to get eligibility, I think they win 10-11 games next season. He's a major difference maker and playmaker.
Not only this, but it sounds like former Buckeye OL coach Ed Warriner will be the scUM OL coach. Fuckers can't beat us so they pluck from our coaching staff.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the great harbs has his perfect system and the players better fit that system or he justs has an excuse for "next year".
And if Patterson is eligible and doesn’t play great it will be another, “Harbaugh didn’t recruit him, so this doesn’t count,” like O’Korn.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Patterson is eligible and doesn’t play great it will be another, “Harbaugh didn’t recruit him, so this doesn’t count,” like O’Korn.
Harbs is not a miracle worker. He cannot get that kid to learn that great system in such a short time. Its for sure the kids fault.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying into any of this nonsense that Jimmy Jam needs his players to succeed. That's nothing more than an excuse from some meeeechegan fans when expectations aren't met. Plus he took Hoke's recruits & doubled the win total his 1st year. There are examples of HC's taking over programs & completely turning things around in 3 years (went w/ 3 because that's how long JH has been in ann arbor). HC's that won a Natty in their 3rd year or fewer: Saban (3rd year @ Bama), Tressel (2nd year @ Ohio State), Meyer (3rd year @ Ohio State & 2nd year @ Florida).

So JH is entering his 4th year @ meeeechegan so here are 2 examples of HC's that won it all in their 4th year: Saban (LSU) & Jimbo Fisher ( FSU).

Some of those fans simply won't or can't admit that their coach isn't the miracle worker they were hoping for.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit the guy hasn't had much to work with in the QB room. The guys he inherited were the only ones with experience, and they sucked. Peters was his dude, but was more raw than he had envisioned. Happens all the time in CFB. That said, if he has Patterson this year and they still go 8-4 or even 9-3, his seat is going to get warm, as it should be.