• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Fair and Honest look at the 2018 Michigan Schedule

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if OSU went on to win a title this year with their only loss to michigan, I'd be OK with it. I'd much rather that than 9-3 with a win over michigan. That represents a failure on our end.

That because you guys have beat us recently (a lot). I want ohio state blood :D

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To do list

1. Beat ohio state
2. Win National Championship

If unable to do #1 ... get out of the way so we can hire someone who will!!!
I'm wondering if you've got the guy who can do either, to be honest. This year is going to be very telling. Even if Patterson isn't eligible, Peters is in his 3rd year with the program, and McCaffrey is a RS Freshman. If one of those can't lead you guys to at least 10-11 wins, it's on Harbaugh.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if you've got the guy who can do either, to be honest. This year is going to be very telling. Even if Patterson isn't eligible, Peters is in his 3rd year with the program, and McCaffrey is a RS Freshman. If one of those can't lead you guys to at least 10-11 wins, it's on Harbaugh.
Meh. Peters might have been a recruiting mistake, it happens. That freshman OSU has that started against us when Barrett went down -- didn't he jump some 4/5 star QB on your roster who's a junior? The difference is that it doesn't normally show itself on deep rosters. Quite honestly, I still think McCaffrey needs time to physically grow. He's still too little to be starting on a major college team, even if he has the skills. I think he might get killed if he actually starts. I mean, look at this little guy:
mccaffreyjpg-67720ad1815ff4a7.jpg

Honestly, I'm not too worried about next year. I think we'll be good, if Patterson is eligible then we should be pretty darn good. Plus, Michigan brings in two more freshman QB's. So I think we're fine.

I haven't seen Michigan string together defenses like this in 20 years. All it's going to take for us to take that next step is a put together offense, which I think is on the way. We were just so damn young this year. Our WR's, TE's, RB's, QB (Peters) and line were all freshman and sophomores. I think with some minor improvements that will just come together. I, for one, am still very excited about the future here and what Harbaugh has done and is doing.