• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Fair and Honest look at the 2018 Michigan Schedule

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should ignore all the quarterbacks he steals from other teams that doesn’t fit his system?

Ruddock did well in the system (passed for over 3000 yards) and is now the backup QB for the Lions. John O’Korn was a bad fit, he had zero pocket presence — he should have stayed in a spread where you get rid of the ball quickly. Patterson was a pro style QB coming out of HS, but went to a spread offense at Ole Miss.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So harbs can only do well in a "perfect world". I bet many others coaches would love to have that excuse at the ready.

No — in a perfect world, you’d have ANYTHING in the QB room. UM had nothing. It isn’t a secret why UM has been mediocre the last decade. Look at the QB position.

It is no different at any level — FSU wasn’t a .500 team, but you lose your starter and have to put a QB not ready in and you become a .500 team. The 49ers were what 1-10 when they traded for Garapolo, they went 5-0 with him as starter — did the coaches start making plays or did they finally have a QB who could?

UM’s QB situation has been atrocious — when you have nothing when you take over and your first recruit isn’t ready, you mix and match and try to find something that works. That is why they brought in Ruddock, why they brought in O’Korn, why they brought in Patterson.

Would it be great if we found a true freshman QB to start and play like an upperclassmen? Absolutely. It hasn’t happened though. The difference between Harbaugh and the other coaches before him — without a quality QB, we went 28-11 in 3 years. Under Hoke and DickRod — it was losing seasons.

Am I happy about 8-5? Absolutely not, but I’d be foolish to think just because Harbaugh is here a QB will automatically start making throws they are incapable of. It is, what it is. When you had 5 or 6 season of .500 or worse — I’m willing to give Harbaugh the benefit of a roster of his own recruits and finding a QB

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Patterson is eligible and doesn’t play great it will be another, “Harbaugh didn’t recruit him, so this doesn’t count,” like O’Korn.
Not at all — we’ve watched Patterson succeed at a P5 school and watched him make throws. If Patterson can play — I think UM will be a top 10 team.

Without him — it is a huge question mark as Peters needs to make a huge jump or McCaffrey wins the job and I’ve bever seen him throw a pass.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit the guy hasn't had much to work with in the QB room. The guys he inherited were the only ones with experience, and they sucked. Peters was his dude, but was more raw than he had envisioned. Happens all the time in CFB. That said, if he has Patterson this year and they still go 8-4 or even 9-3, his seat is going to get warm, as it should be.

I agree with this, I think you will have UM fans wanting more from Harbaugh if that happens. He won’t be on the hot seat though, in the sense, he could lose his job. He’d be on the hot seat with alumni and fans who have expected much more out of him.

I hope Patterson is available. I’m tired of watching poor QB play.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to predict anything at this point. Our season changes dramatically if Patterson is eligible or not.

If this represents Michigander fandom at the outset of the long off-season, then truly, the Angry Weasels are no more. Michigan's mascot might as well be Ronald Weasley. Here's the new avi pic for UM fans

110910-Ron-3-400_0.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly wouldn't be surprised if we lose to Michigan
I haven't really looked into it, but doesn't ND lose a bunch of talent from this year's team? Michigan's going to have one hell of a defense again next year, so that should continue to keep us in most games. If we have any kind of offensive progression, we should do well. I just don't know much about ND at this point because I haven't really followed you guys since we stopped playing.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really looked into it, but doesn't ND lose a bunch of talent from this year's team? Michigan's going to have one hell of a defense again next year, so that should continue to keep us in most games. If we have any kind of offensive progression, we should do well. I just don't know much about ND at this point because I haven't really followed you guys since we stopped playing.
Well most of our OL left, our defense could be good next season even though our DC left. We currently have a QB battle. And we just found out Kelly was trying to get the Bears job.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, I think you will have UM fans wanting more from Harbaugh if that happens. He won’t be on the hot seat though, in the sense, he could lose his job. He’d be on the hot seat with alumni and fans who have expected much more out of him.

I hope Patterson is available. I’m tired of watching poor QB play.
I can't imagine boosters to athletics would be content with another 9-3 season, especially with Harbaugh now having a team that's basically entirely his. Adding the former top QB of the 2016 class would even further inflate the pressure on him to succeed this year.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine boosters to athletics would be content with another 9-3 season, especially with Harbaugh now having a team that's basically entirely his. Adding the former top QB of the 2016 class would even further inflate the pressure on him to succeed this year.

I would be ok with a 9-3 season, if one of those wins were over ohio state and a bowl win followed ... but the time to make an impact is running out.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-12

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ok with a 9-3 season, if one of those wins were over ohio state and a bowl win followed ... but the time to make an impact is running out.
Honestly, if OSU went on to win a title this year with their only loss to michigan, I'd be OK with it. I'd much rather that than 9-3 with a win over michigan. That represents a failure on our end.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go bleach my eyes out and pretend I didn't read that

View attachment 173191
Haha, I know. It didn't feel right saying it but damn, we've collected so many of them over the last 15 years, I'd rather build up our collection of B1G and NC trophies. Toss them a bone every once and a while to let them feel good about themselves so we can crush them again the following year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really that hard to find a QB? Maybe Harbaugh can get Jake Olsen (the blind kid).from USC to transfer .

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god... Reading this thread is a downer. Jimminy Cricket. Whippersnappers and old farts alike mumbling like a listless, Haldol-infused bunch loitering in a waiting room.