• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Fair and Honest look at the 2018 Michigan Schedule

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the Michigan Quarterback any good??

We don’t even know who it will be. If Patterson is the QB — I like our chances of being very good, as we return basically our entire defense, sans Maurice Hurst.

Won’t know until it gets closer to the season though. If Patterson can’t play — it will come down to Peters or McCaffrey. Peters has the skill set to be really good, but not sure about between the ears (when you’ve been with a program almost 2 years and still struggle with the playbook — something is wrong)
McCaffrey — I know nothing about as I’ve never seen him throw a pass, but he definitely has the family pedigree in his corner.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing you are paying a QB whisperer coach, an offensive coordinator, and passing game coordinator like 10 mil a year for those results!
No doubt — unfortunately, his 1st year, he had no recruiting class, so Peters was his 1st recruit. When you take over a team where Shane Morris is your best option — you are starting from scratch.
Last year was the first year UM had a Harbaugh QB on the roster, who showed talent, but IMO, is missing intangibles that can’t be taught — pocket presence. He took some big hits when it seemed like he had no idea a defender was even blitzing. It was bizarre. We shall see if he improves on that this year, but that is something you can’t teach, being able to feel pressure coming.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed to coach UM a month before national signing day — he didn’t have a first recruiting class. His year 2 was the first recruiting class he had. He signed Brandon Peters. He is the only QB recruited by Harbaugh on the active roster this last year. His 2nd recruiting class had Dylan McCaffrey, who redshirted.

This year will be the first time he has a QB room with guys he recruited. I don’t know how to judge the way he brings in transfers at QB. He either doesn’t trust the QB’s we have, or he will bring in anyone he thinks will make the team better?

From what I’ve seen and watched — Peters has the physical tools to be great, but struggles with the playbook. They had to cut the playbook in half when he took over at QB and he still struggled with turning the wrong way on handoffs, etc.

McCaffrey obviously has the pedigree — so it will be interesting to see how he turns out? Never even seen him throw a pass, but he needed to add about 30 lbs or he’d get broke in half.

Lastly — you just don’t see true freshman come in at QB and run a pro style offense. UM has had one true freshman QB in 100+ years. It is why you see so many QB’s excel in spread offenses in college and struggle in the NFL. You have to make many more throws and many more reads.
Tate Forcier?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed to coach UM a month before national signing day — he didn’t have a first recruiting class. His year 2 was the first recruiting class he had. He signed Brandon Peters. He is the only QB recruited by Harbaugh on the active roster this last year. His 2nd recruiting class had Dylan McCaffrey, who redshirted.

This year will be the first time he has a QB room with guys he recruited. I don’t know how to judge the way he brings in transfers at QB. He either doesn’t trust the QB’s we have, or he will bring in anyone he thinks will make the team better?

From what I’ve seen and watched — Peters has the physical tools to be great, but struggles with the playbook. They had to cut the playbook in half when he took over at QB and he still struggled with turning the wrong way on handoffs, etc.

McCaffrey obviously has the pedigree — so it will be interesting to see how he turns out? Never even seen him throw a pass, but he needed to add about 30 lbs or he’d get broke in half.

Lastly — you just don’t see true freshman come in at QB and run a pro style offense. UM has had one true freshman QB in 100+ years. It is why you see so many QB’s excel in spread offenses in college and struggle in the NFL. You have to make many more throws and many more reads.
If the offense is the problem the a good coach would adjust the offense.
I see 2 qb's in the 2015 class. One a four star. I guess it was the kids fault he did not play and not the coaches.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn are you a complete moron. You're the 1 that responded to me yesterday. I didn't go out of my way to say anything to you. You said haters gonna hate. What do I have to hate though? Ohio State has owned that shit team of yours for nearly 20 years now. And the past is all you have in a lame attempt to try & talk shit. How about trying to be more current than the 70's or Katzenmoyer? You really have no idea how dumb you truly are.
Hmm you want more contemporary shit? Ok Clarret? Tressel?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey don't talk shit about mighty meeeechegan or that clown peopleschicken will start talking shit about The Boz. And you don't want that!
You are so stupid Paco. It I were to talk shit about OU it would be Switzer

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was actually a pro style QB prospect but he just so happens to be athletic. He's a stud player who was playing in a bowl of shit soup this past season. He'll have the weapons to succeed at michigan for sure, but Harbuagh might not be good enough to coach them all up like he should.

That's why I said scrambling...and not running or dual threat.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense is the problem the a good coach would adjust the offense.
I see 2 qb's in the 2015 class. One a four star. I guess it was the kids fault he did not play and not the coaches.

The 4 star kid was listed as a QB but they got him to play TE, which is where he was one of our leading receivers this year. The other kid Alex Malzone, I believe, was never going to get on the field. It was a Hoke recruit who stuck with the commitment.

And the sad part is — UM has adjusted the offense. The literally cut the playbook in half so Peters could play QB. It is no secret QB has been UM’s biggest problem. We literally had nothing when Harbaugh signed on. It is why I said, we’d never know how good UM can be until he gets a QB he recruited under center.

Peters is the only QB he has recruited to play — he looked great at times and he looked lost at times. This year, we will see what he looks like if Patterson isn’t eligible, unless McCaffrey wins the job.

It has been disappointing to see the QB position play poorly, but it is the most unpredictable position. You never know how they will make the jump from HS to the college game.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4 star kid was listed as a QB but they got him to play TE, which is where he was one of our leading receivers this year. The other kid Alex Malzone, I believe, was never going to get on the field. It was a Hoke recruit who stuck with the commitment.

And the sad part is — UM has adjusted the offense. The literally cut the playbook in half so Peters could play QB. It is no secret QB has been UM’s biggest problem. We literally had nothing when Harbaugh signed on. It is why I said, we’d never know how good UM can be until he gets a QB he recruited under center.

Peters is the only QB he has recruited to play — he looked great at times and he looked lost at times. This year, we will see what he looks like if Patterson isn’t eligible, unless McCaffrey wins the job.

It has been disappointing to see the QB position play poorly, but it is the most unpredictable position. You never know how they will make the jump from HS to the college game.
I am obviously biased but it just seems like a bunch of excuses. Lots of teams use Rs. FR or even true freshman.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am obviously biased but it just seems like a bunch of excuses. Lots of teams use Rs. FR or even true freshman.

No doubt — if he went to a shotgun, spread hurry up offense where the sideline is making all the calls — I would be pissed if we didn’t have a QB ready to play by now.

The difference in multi faceted pro style offense and a college spread offense/read option is night and day. It is why you see so many college football star QB’s struggle immensely or fail altogether in the NFL.

I just hope we are able to find a QB with the football IQ to run the offense. We see flashes of what it can be, but without the proper QB — it will fail miserably. We shall see. If he can’t find one to run the offense he wants — I hope they can make adjustments to make it successful going forward or we will continue to struggle.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt — if he went to a shotgun, spread hurry up offense where the sideline is making all the calls — I would be pissed if we didn’t have a QB ready to play by now.

The difference in multi faceted pro style offense and a college spread offense/read option is night and day. It is why you see so many college football star QB’s struggle immensely or fail altogether in the NFL.

I just hope we are able to find a QB with the football IQ to run the offense. We see flashes of what it can be, but without the proper QB — it will fail miserably. We shall see. If he can’t find one to run the offense he wants — I hope they can make adjustments to make it successful going forward or we will continue to struggle.
You keep blaming the system

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep blaming the system

Yes — a pro style offense expects WAY more out of a QB than a spread offense. In a perfect world, UM would have had a QB good enough to take over when Harbaugh took the job. Unfortunately, he didn’t have time for a recruiting class and didn’t have a QB on the roster.

UM has had exactly one QB recruited by Harbaugh on the active roster since he took over. That was this last year (Brandon Peters). They had to cut the playbook in half to get Peters on the field, because he struggled to learn the playbook.

This year — they will have a QB room with Peters, McCaffrey and Patterson — so they should have a quality option and talent to back them up if a QB goes down.

And it isn’t that I’m blaming the system — it is just a reality of a pro style offense. It is why you see CFB star QB’s never see the field in the NFL or fail miserably, because they go from a spread offense where you get plays called from the sideline, you only have to make limited throws and you don’t have to read a defense to a pro style offense, where you have to read the defense before every snap, WRs are running option routes, you have to make every throw in the route tree and you are taking snaps under center the majority of the time.

I said before we brought Harbaugh on — we won’t know what UM can be until they get one of his QB recruits under center. Hopefully this is the year we see that. When run with a quality QB — a pro style offense is next to impossible to stop. If you have a substandard QB — you get what we’ve seen from UM this past year.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes — a pro style offense expects WAY more out of a QB than a spread offense. In a perfect world, UM would have had a QB good enough to take over when Harbaugh took the job. Unfortunately, he didn’t have time for a recruiting class and didn’t have a QB on the roster.

UM has had exactly one QB recruited by Harbaugh on the active roster since he took over. That was this last year (Brandon Peters). They had to cut the playbook in half to get Peters on the field, because he struggled to learn the playbook.

This year — they will have a QB room with Peters, McCaffrey and Patterson — so they should have a quality option and talent to back them up if a QB goes down.

And it isn’t that I’m blaming the system — it is just a reality of a pro style offense. It is why you see CFB star QB’s never see the field in the NFL or fail miserably, because they go from a spread offense where you get plays called from the sideline, you only have to make limited throws and you don’t have to read a defense to a pro style offense, where you have to read the defense before every snap, WRs are running option routes, you have to make every throw in the route tree and you are taking snaps under center the majority of the time.

I said before we brought Harbaugh on — we won’t know what UM can be until they get one of his QB recruits under center. Hopefully this is the year we see that. When run with a quality QB — a pro style offense is next to impossible to stop. If you have a substandard QB — you get what we’ve seen from UM this past year.
Why does it have to be a "harbaugh recruit"? Even if you give him a pass on his first year, there have been 2 more classes and still no QB to run the system? Other coaches are able to go to a new job and use the players they have.
It sounds like Harbs can only be successful if he has an Andrew Luck type of talent to run his offence

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Harbaugh has knowingly been using a system his QBs couldnt handle for the past 3 years? Strange tactic