• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/12/2017: Tito's Indians keep rolling, Dodgers lose 11th in a row, Ellsbury sets Interference mark

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight, they give the Indians a 77% chance of winning, which is the highest number I've seen all year (their may have been higher, but I didn't see it.

Doesn't get much better tomorrow either - 71% chance of winning.

Then they've got four against the Royals:
Game 1 - 64%
Game 2 - 67%
Game 3 - 69%
Game 4 - 75%

Nothing screams "Sucker bet" louder than all those numerals...Vegas is watching...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sales last 3 starts (including his 4.1 IP start against NY)

17.1 IP
16 H
25 K's

1.56 ERA

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember it was like that back in 2005 and the final series was a three-game set at Fenway. I was still a Red Sox fan at that point and went to the final game of the season. It turned out that it didn't come down to the last game (I think Red Sox clinched a game or two before), but that was a fun fucking game to be at. I had a blast.

There's more to this, too.

I was lucky enough to win the Red Sox ticket "lottery" that year and was able to buy four tickets to that game for face value. As it got closer to the end of the season and people started thinking the final series, and even the final game could be the difference in the division between NYY & BOS, the ticket prices on StubHub skyrocketed.

I decided to sell two of them which more or less funded the weekend trip to Boston for me and Mrs Redfoot. When we got to our seats, I saw that it was two Yankees fans that I'd sold to. Turns out, they were awesome guys. Great at busting balls with a good attitude. We went back and forth all game and had a blast.

At one point, the guy asked me what I paid for the tickets and I told him. He said, "that's great, I paid $500+ for each of these." I said, "I know." lolz. He asked how I knew and I told him because I sold them to him on StubHub. We laughed and I bought them a couple rounds of beer.

I've still got a pic of the four of us partying after the game. One of my favorite games that I've attended.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sox in the 2nd half have reduced their team ERA from 3.83 to 3.58, opponent BA from .252 to .238, and WHIP from 1.251 to 1.235. K/9 are up a bit.
HR allowed...107 in the first 89 games. theyve given up 64 in the past 54 games. slight improvement as well.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, Slink...It's gotta be your time. The Cavs already broke the seal on the whole Cleveland championships drought, you came ever-so-close last year but were trumped by an even longer-suffering fanbase, right now you're looking like the class of the entire League, not just the AL.

That's what makes me so nervous. I've got expectations, which I'm not used to having. I just want the playoffs to get started already. I'm going to be a fucking wreck in October.

I think the Cavs championship is good for the Indians because it seems it would alleviate some of that pressure, and it was certainly good for the city, so I'm happy about it in that regard. However, I think basketball is almost as gay as soccer, so that title really doesn't mean that much to me personally.

An Indians' championship would mean so much more to me that any number of Cavs titles. I'd probably have to cut and stab my way out of an angry mob if I said this in public around here, but I would trade Lebron James' existence on Earth for an Indians' championship.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes me so nervous. I've got expectations, which I'm not used to having. I just want the playoffs to get started already. I'm going to be a fucking wreck in October.

I think the Cavs championship is good for the Indians because it seems it would alleviate some of that pressure, and it was certainly good for the city, so I'm happy about it in that regard. However, I think basketball is almost as gay as soccer, so that title really doesn't mean that much to me personally.

An Indians' championship would mean so much more to me that any number of Cavs titles. I'd probably have to cut and stab my way out of an angry mob if I said this in public around here, but I would trade Lebron James' existence on Earth for an Indians' championship.
032717_gif_cle_tito_crowd_med_5u4vmb8c.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers/Giants game finished at 510 AM EST. Is that the latest finish ever? Don't remember a west coast game ever finishing that late. I know there's been some to finish around 3 AM EST but after 5 AM? God damn

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know how you feel brother

Would gladly trade any of the Packers SB titles for a Brewers WS championship

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable roll that the Tribe is on now

Just hoping they haven't shot their wad - see Dodgers last 20 games :noidea: