• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 9 Recap

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Say goodbye to week 9, and to the byes for a week. The divisional races are heating up, and the 2nd half should be exciting. This week, in the spirit of goodbye, we say adios to the Eagles playoff chances, sayonara to the Chiefs winning streak, arrivederci to the notion of punting to Patrick Peterson, and aloha to another team's winless record. Here we go.

Week 9 Power Rankings:

32. Indianapolis Colts-And then there was 1. They find a way to be more atrocious each week.
31. St Louis Rams-And we now continue with our regularly scheduled sucking.
30. Cleveland Browns-How does this team have 3 wins?
29. Miami Dolphins-They finally got a lead so big, even they couldn't blow it.
28. Seattle Seahawks-The city of Seattle would like their Sonics back, and they'll trade the Seahawks for them.
27. Arizona Cardinals-Their win was more of an indictment of the Rams than a reflection on Arizona.
26. Washington Redskins-Maybe they can get McNabb back.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars-They're poised to get a few wins with a couple of AAA teams coming up.
24. Denver Broncos-"Damn it Tim, how are we supposed to draft out QB of the future this way!"-John Elway
23. Carolina Panthers-I'm sure Cam would garner rookie of the week votes, even this week.
22. Minnesota Vikings-Fantasy players everywhere lamented the Vikings bye week.
21. Tennessee Titans-Screw Andrew Luck, the Titans may want to get into the Trent Richardson sweepstakes.
20. Oakland Raiders-Giving up that many points to Tebow isn't one to put on the resume.
19. Kansas City Chiefs-Really? Ouch.
18. Philadelphia Eagles-Good thing Philly signed some good defensive players..nevermind.
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Now they're behind two teams in the AFCS. They need to beat Houston this week in a bad way.
16. Dallas Cowboys-The rise of DeMarco Murray has been the best thing about this season so far for Dallas.
15. San Diego Chargers-If they had been playing anybody besides the Packers they're 5-3 right now.
14. Buffalo Bills-Is this the beginning of the end or just a bump in the road to the playoffs?
13. Chicago Bears-Matt Forte should be near the top of MVP discussions...distantly behind Rodgers, but in the discussion.
12. New York Jets-Slowed down the Bills attack and put themselves right in the middle of the playoff hunt.
11. New England Patriots-The proximity to the Super Bowl game is eerie.
10. Cincinnati Bengals-If the playoffs started right now, the Bengals would be the #1 seed. Screw rookie of the year, if they hold course, MVP.
9. Atlanta Falcons-Julio Jones made one of the most ridiculous catches I've ever seen.
8. Houston Texans-Does anybody have a better RB combo? I'm going to say no.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers-Tough loss in a tight divisional race. They'll see Joe Flacco in their dreams this week.
6. Detroit Lions-A good time for a bye, and they're looking great for a WC spot at this point.
5. New York Giants-A huge win gives them a chokehold on the NFCE...for now.
4. New Orleans Saints-Got their groove back on offense. The defense has to keep up.
3. Baltimore Ravens-They got the Steelers sweep and look like the best team in the AFC.
2. San Francisco 49ers-It's not always pretty, but they keep getting it done.
1. Green Bay Packers-No commentary needed.

MVPs of the Week:

Matt Moore-He was efficient, didn't make mistakes, and got win #1. Miami management might put him on the goat list if they lose out on Luck though.
Julio Jones-What an amazing catch for career TD #1. #2 wasn't bad either.
Jay Cutler to Earl Bennett-Not a Cutler fan, but he made play after play..usually to Bennett.
Patrick Peterson-Game winning PR for a TD. Keeps the 'Zona offense from having to do it..good plan.

Goats of the Week:

Philip Rivers-For the 2nd week in a row. This time for two pick-6s.
Kansas City Chiefs-Way to go get the division guys.
Eagles D-Didn't make a big play when they needed to. The first team to not sack Cutler since he's been in Chicago.
Browns O-I don't think they could look much worse.

Random Thoughts:

1. The NFCW is horrible, yes, but the AFCW isn't exactly good either.
2. If the Colts win a game this year, it's pure luck.
3. Don't kick the ball to Devin.....er...Patrick Peterson!!
4. I give Eli and Flacco a lot of guff, but nice final drives by both of them.
5. LOL @ Mark Sanchez.
6. The Packers/Chargers game was fun to watch if you like offense.
7. RIP "Smokin" Joe Frazier.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, sadly, I can't claim it was intended. I realized it once I typed it, but it wasn't on purpose. Rep for the compliment though.