• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Rank Predicts

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals to go 14-3 in regular season, with losses coming in week 2 against Baltimore, week 15 to Pittsburgh and week 17 to Cleveland where we are resting all our starters after beating the Chiefs the previous week.

With that said, read a SI article that predicts 100 things that will happen in 2023: Three of which were:

1. Bengals beat 49ers in the SB
2. Burrow wins NFL MVP
3. Chase wins Offensive Player of the year even though Justin Jefferson is predicted to be the first WR ever to go for 2000 yards receiving.

If Jefferson does that, there is no chance in hell Chase wins OPY, just not reasonable. A player attains something no other player in NFL history has ever done, and the two closest Megatron and Kupp in the 1900's, both won OPY awards. So it is a little conflicting on predictions in my opinion, BUT...I really like the thought!

Hopefully, no one on the Bengals let this go to their head and feel they deserve anything just because "experts" are predicting early success. Nothing is given in this league, it is all earned on a year to year basis.

However, now is a good window to win one before contracts start blowing the hell up and the team has to start dismantling.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why we lose to those 2, except you know there will be a few losses. I guess we still have to sort out RB and safety positions in terms of seeing it in action. I like that we addressed punter and backup QB. I hope we don't need either one.
there will be plenty of accolades to go around. Not the least of these being jbuck's name tossed around for best poster

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was figuring the experts would find some way to underestimate this team again this year, but it seems like it is going in the opposite direction. It's hard to pick against the Bengals given all of the continuity in coaching staff and core players. I suppose you could nitpick about questions with the safeties or some doubts about pass rush or the running game.... But those are fairly soft concerns given investment in those areas and other advantages that offset the worry. If Burrow stays healthy, they'll be in the mix for the AFC - My major question is whether they will make a run for the top seed.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was figuring the experts would find some way to underestimate this team again this year, but it seems like it is going in the opposite direction. It's hard to pick against the Bengals given all of the continuity in coaching staff and core players. I suppose you could nitpick about questions with the safeties or some doubts about pass rush or the running game.... But those are fairly soft concerns given investment in those areas and other advantages that offset the worry. If Burrow stays healthy, they'll be in the mix for the AFC - My major question is whether they will make a run for the top seed.
Health is the major factor in who makes the Super Bowl when the AFC is so stacked with talent and the realities of the salary cap keep teams from being deep with star talent. According to footballoutsiders, last years Super Bowl teams were the 3rd and 4th healthiest teams in the NFL last year. The year before it was 5th and 7th. Steelers and Jaguars were the two healthiest teams last year and they both probably overachieved.

Chiefs AFC West rivals are 15th, 20th, and 32nd on their list. Bills have Aaron Rodgers and Jalen Ramsey added to their division. A lot of signs are pointing to the Bengals and Ravens probably being at or near the top of the AFC imo. I do think if Mahomes, Kelce, and Chris Jones are healthy for the playoffs that they can beat anyone but the clock is going to run out on Kelce being that elite threat at some point in the next two seasons.

So I think if I was trying to do a non-biased power ranking to start the year, its: Bengals, Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets...then everyone else.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Health is the major factor in who makes the Super Bowl when the AFC is so stacked with talent and the realities of the salary cap keep teams from being deep with star talent. According to footballoutsiders, last years Super Bowl teams were the 3rd and 4th healthiest teams in the NFL last year. The year before it was 5th and 7th. Steelers and Jaguars were the two healthiest teams last year and they both probably overachieved.

Chiefs AFC West rivals are 15th, 20th, and 32nd on their list. Bills have Aaron Rodgers and Jalen Ramsey added to their division. A lot of signs are pointing to the Bengals and Ravens probably being at or near the top of the AFC imo. I do think if Mahomes, Kelce, and Chris Jones are healthy for the playoffs that they can beat anyone but the clock is going to run out on Kelce being that elite threat at some point in the next two seasons.

So I think if I was trying to do a non-biased power ranking to start the year, its: Bengals, Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets...then everyone else.
I think you are trying to be too little of homer. You and everyone else should list chiefs #1, until proven otherwise and I don't think they lost much of anything this last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are trying to be too little of homer. You and everyone else should list chiefs #1, until proven otherwise and I don't think they lost much of anything this last year.
I don't think they lost a ton but they also didnt really replace what they lost in ways that make a person immediately confident. The reality is that a Toney, MVS, Skyy Moore WR corp doesn't scream consistency. MVS probably had his best game last year in the playoffs against you guys but that wasn't a typical performance from him.

Still, yeah, I could see the Chiefs being the top dog again. I just probably wouldn't bet heavily on it unless I see more from Toney or Skyy Moore or Rice.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they lost a ton but they also didnt really replace what they lost in ways that make a person immediately confident. The reality is that a Toney, MVS, Skyy Moore WR corp doesn't scream consistency. MVS probably had his best game last year in the playoffs against you guys but that wasn't a typical performance from him.

Still, yeah, I could see the Chiefs being the top dog again. I just probably wouldn't bet heavily on it unless I see more from Toney or Skyy Moore or Rice.
It'll be a great season to watch unfold, but until KC is dethroned...

To be the man, you gotta beat the man...

woo hoo ric flair GIF

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are good, it's likely that we will play them in the AFC Championship again.

Baltimore, Buffalo, and perhaps some other teams are also good candidates.
it all depends on how well teams are playing in december and january.

I think we showed that, although we didn't beat the Chiefs, we were on the same level as them.
CIN, PHI, and KC were all on the same level, they didn't win by much. SF was also arguably on that level before QB injuries.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are good, it's likely that we will play them in the AFC Championship again.

Baltimore, Buffalo, and perhaps some other teams are also good candidates.
it all depends on how well teams are playing in december and january.

I think we showed that, although we didn't beat the Chiefs, we were on the same level as them.
CIN, PHI, and KC were all on the same level, they didn't win by much. SF was also arguably on that level before QB injuries.
Yeah, I do have those three on the same level last year and this.

I guess the reason why I give Cinci credit is when you've played KC. A lot of other teams have played KC when their defense is missing key pieces and still figuring things out and KC has probably the 26th-32nd best defense in the league depending on where the holes are. When fully intact, its closer to 12-16th best in the league and thats the one you guys have been playing the past four times. The Chargers are a team that I know have gotten a couple of cracks at that 'bottom tier' defense recently but I could certainly list off some more teams.

Now I guess the reason for KC being #1 would just simply be because they have Mahomes and Jones in their prime and a really young team that could have some stars emerge with more experience.

There are a bunch of contenders in the AFC, though. Even teams like Denver and Cleveland have some sleeper potential.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do have those three on the same level last year and this.

I guess the reason why I give Cinci credit is when you've played KC. A lot of other teams have played KC when their defense is missing key pieces and still figuring things out and KC has probably the 26th-32nd best defense in the league depending on where the holes are. When fully intact, its closer to 12-16th best in the league and thats the one you guys have been playing the past four times. The Chargers are a team that I know have gotten a couple of cracks at that 'bottom tier' defense recently but I could certainly list off some more teams.

Now I guess the reason for KC being #1 would just simply be because they have Mahomes and Jones in their prime and a really young team that could have some stars emerge with more experience.

There are a bunch of contenders in the AFC, though. Even teams like Denver and Cleveland have some sleeper potential.
I agree with that. I think with the changes Cleveland has made this offseason and Watson getting some time to come back and practice basically last year, I can see them being quite the force to deal with this year. Will it mean playoffs, no idea, but they have potential.

Burrow or Chase go down for extended time this year, it wouldn't shock me to see us finish dead last in our division. I hope everyone stays healthy, but realistically, that will not happen.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the season, I think most objective fans would have to have Cincinnati or KC favored to win the AFC. Given that they've played 4 straight 3 point games, it's hard for me to see how anyone could strongly feel that one is better than the other. When in doubt, I think it's difficult to predict against Mahomes.... But I do wonder if Kelce's age and the lack of established weapons will open the door for a potential upset in the playoffs.

As for the rest of the conference. Tons of promise but lots of questions. Buffalo was last year's media darling and they definitely had their moments during the season. But when the pass rush (Miller) went out so did the D. It will be interesting to see them with their healthier, revamped D. I'm not as big a believer in the Jets - We've seen Rodgers play hero ball with the Packers the last few years. He's not the same as he once was and if he can't learn to rely on that awesome D, he's going to lead the Jets to an up and down season. Baltimore scares me, but I have to see what they come up with on offense. Everyone wants to piss all over Greg Roman's offense, but he specifically designed it for Lamar and he was getting plenty of credit for it when Lamar was the MVP. It's nice to assume that Lamar will be great in a more passer-friendly offense, but at this point it is really just an assumption. I'm not sold on the Chargers until they replace the coach and unlock the talent they have on that team. I'm not sold on Cleveland until Watson proves he is the guy he once was.