• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6-4

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the link, Microwahevo. Good to see he's not making excuses. Sounds far more level headed than I would have given him credit for.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Schwartz "has a pair" I wish he wouldn't think with them. There was absolutely nothing positive about that decision. The only psychological boost it provided was to get the crowd back into it and light a fire under a Steelers offense that hadn't done a damn thing since early in the 2nd quarter. Maybe it's just me, but more balls than brains is not what I need in a head coach.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree here. Going in, I had a feeling we'd lose bc it was outdoors and in awful conditions(for the Lions anyway). We often dont play well in harsh conditions. And it was a loss to an AFC team. Next week is a must win, even if it's to a team allegedly worse than us.

Just curious. If you know you're going to play outdoors, wouldn't you practice there to prepare fully? Just sayin. You have to know what you can or can not do in certain conditions. If you just practice in the dome, this loss is on management & coaches.
I don't follow your team, or how they practice, or what kind of facilities are available .
But using the excuse we're a dome team, especially in the midwest doesn't cut it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious. If you know you're going to play outdoors, wouldn't you practice there to prepare fully? Just sayin. You have to know what you can or can not do in certain conditions. If you just practice in the dome, this loss is on management & coaches.
I don't follow your team, or how they practice, or what kind of facilities are available .
But using the excuse we're a dome team, especially in the midwest doesn't cut it.

Detroit's a dome team 63. Designed for a dome, refined for a dome, maligned for a dome. If it were up to me Id cut the roof off and plant some grass. Then Id get rid of the new turf. But it's not up to me, so it's a good thing our only remaining in division road game is also in a dome.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 of our last 6 are indoors. 4 of those in Detroit.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we gotta discuss it fellas. I know a lot was already said on the game thread, but let's talk about it.

There were some good things and some bad things. Our D isn't known for being tremendous, so the yards and points given up doesn't surprise me. But this damned inconsistency in offense fucking boggles my mind. Why does Linehan/Schwartz seem to let up off the gas and change the play-calling and aggressiveness once we take the lead? And I'm not talking about the fake FG. That was aggressive as hell. But we were pretty much stagnant the entire 2nd half. I just don't get it.

As it is, we're still in the division lead and playoff hunt. That loss to Arizona right now is huge. They have the tie break over us. Big game against a TB team that doesn't look anything like it did earlier in the year.

Yes, I have been mind boggled way too long now on the lions offensive inconsistencies, I mean what the fuck.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no problem with the fake field goal. In fact, I fucking loved it. It was the aggressive call many of you guys are wishing that he made more often. Schwartz made a good call its not his fault that martin fumbled, and whos to say shitty david akers would have made that fg in those sloppy conditions.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no problem with the fake field goal. In fact, I fucking loved it. It was the aggressive call many of you guys are wishing that he made more often. Schwartz made a good call its not his fault that martin fumbled, and whos to say shitty david akers would have made that fg in those sloppy conditions.

It was a 27 yarder. Akers is 131 for 133 inside the 30 for his career. Martin was 2 yards short of the 1st down when he was hit and fumbled. There's a fine line between aggressive and reckless/foolish. Schwartz went way past that line Sunday.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to disagree. I commented on another post that you wrote that many things could have went wrong on the field goal in those conditions. Akers is clearly not the kicker he once was, hes pretty awful. In the end the field goal would not have made the difference. The fake, i had no problem with. Its about time schwartz was aggressive. If he had just went for it on fourth down I would agree with you here, but thats what trick plays are for. Unfortunately it didnt work out.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a 27 yarder. Akers is 131 for 133 inside the 30 for his career. Martin was 2 yards short of the 1st down when he was hit and fumbled. There's a fine line between aggressive and reckless/foolish. Schwartz went way past that line Sunday.

I will have to rewatch that, my cable kept coming in and out, I thought he had the first.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And then some. It was an extremely poor decision. Especially for a team that has made a habit of throwing 3 yard passes on 3rd and 5 all frieken season. What most of us mean by more aggressive is not running on every first down and throwing to WRs that are beyond the first down markers on third down. Not some rediculous trick play that could completely change the game.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then some. It was an extremely poor decision. Especially for a team that has made a habit of throwing 3 yard passes on 3rd and 5 all frieken season. What most of us mean by more aggressive is not running on every first down and throwing to WRs that are beyond the first down markers on third down. Not some rediculous trick play that could completely change the game.

We have a different definitin of aggressive, when I say it I'm referring to being a pussy toward the end of the half if they have the ball or letting off the brakes when they take the lead. The lioms have thrown to receivers short of the marker way before schwartz though. I cant stand him because of his ego and pride, how hes always right, thinks hes a better coach than everyone, contradicts himself often and overal
Is a pussy when it comes to his playcalling.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the fake was a poor decision under the circumstances. You're leading by 4 on the road in the 4th quarter. Your defense gave you two 3-and-outs prior to the field goal drive, which was on a short field to begin with due to us punting from our end zone.

Leading, on the road, in the 4th quarter, with a chip-shot to put your team up by 7, with your defense playing reasonably well, is definitely NOT the time to get cute. I couldn't believe it, to be honest. Particularly when you're in a division/playoff race.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the fake was a poor decision under the circumstances. You're leading by 4 on the road in the 4th quarter. Your defense gave you two 3-and-outs prior to the field goal drive, which was on a short field to begin with due to us punting from our end zone.

Leading, on the road, in the 4th quarter, with a chip-shot to put your team up by 7, with your defense playing reasonably well, is definitely NOT the time to get cute. I couldn't believe it, to be honest. Particularly when you're in a division/playoff race.

:agree:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That loss to Arizona right now is huge. They have the tie break over us. Big game against a TB team that doesn't look anything like it did earlier in the year.

They have 3 total games remaining against Seattle and San Fran, so that doesn't help their chances one bit. I think the wildcard is shaping up to be a race between 2nd place in our division and the 49ers and Panthers...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a game that was neither a surprise, nor a huge blow to the team. If the Lions lose indoors next week to a putrid Tampa Bay team, then we've got issues.

Agreed- The Steelers at home are never a gimme. We're built to play on turf, and those sloppy field conditions really hurt our execution on Sunday.

We need to take these next two. If we lose to Tampa we don't deserve to make the playoffs, simple as that. Then Green Bay at home without Rodgers is our chance to take a game we normally lose to the Packers. If we do we're 4-1 in the division this year with one more game remaining against the Vikings.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed- The Steelers at home are never a gimme. We're built to play on turf, and those sloppy field conditions really hurt our execution on Sunday.

We need to take these next two. If we lose to Tampa we don't deserve to make the playoffs, simple as that. Then Green Bay at home without Rodgers is our chance to take a game we normally lose to the Packers. If we do we're 4-1 in the division this year with one more game remaining against the Vikings.

Agreed. If we lose to either the Bucs or Rodgers-less Pack at home, we don't deserve to make the playoffs....and very likely won't.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If we lose to either the Bucs or Rodgers-less Pack at home, we don't deserve to make the playoffs....and very likely won't.

Word is Rodgers may be back for that Turkey Day game. I sure hope he has a set back or docs don't clear him. I'd much rather face Tolzien. But if we lose to TB, it may not matter all that much.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Rodgers may be back for that Turkey Day game. I sure hope he has a set back or docs don't clear him. I'd much rather face Tolzien. But if we lose to TB, it may not matter all that much.

I guess that doesn't surprise me. They don't make the playoffs without him. He should be well short of 100% hopefully.