• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 weeks in

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I've seen them make it to the 8th QB. before on the Pro Bowl due to lack of interest. Then you also have Seattle that could make the Super Bowl. That would take 2 out of the equation

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so but he better get 5-6 picks or his name just isn't big enough
Sometimes I think Picks are for people that don't watch the games or don't know all the players. Maybe Heath will make it.
You guys have a thought in your head and you've already decided not to change it. I forget who was saying Jones played crappy against the Rams and PFF had him as one of the top ranked safeties that week. I'm not a big fan of their rankings because I think they are skewed and short sighted and not all good or bad plays are alike but just thought it was interesting.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Landon Collins

2. Clinton Dix
3. Earl Thomas
4. Mathieu
5. Chancellor
6. Quin
7. Jenkins
8. Smith for the Vikings

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I left a space after 1 because there is no comparison. Those are off the top of my head. I don't look at PFF. I said he needs 5-6 picks so people will know who he is. Those 8 mentioned are all more popular players.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head in 2016 I would have taken...
NFC
Landon Collins
Malcolm Jenkins
Harrison Smith
Kam Chancellor
Kurt Coleman
Ha-Ha Clinton Dix
and an argument can be made for Rodney McCleod
wasn't even going to mention Earl Thomas

In the AFC in 2016
Devin McCourty
Eric Berry
Eric Weddle
Reggie Nelson

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think Picks are for people that don't watch the games or don't know all the players. Maybe Heath will make it.
You guys have a thought in your head and you've already decided not to change it. I forget who was saying Jones played crappy against the Rams and PFF had him as one of the top ranked safeties that week. I'm not a big fan of their rankings because I think they are skewed and short sighted and not all good or bad plays are alike but just thought it was interesting.

Turnovers from your secondary, especially your safeties is extremely important. Even more so when running a cover-2 defense.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not bad to be behind those names. Sure some will be debateable

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers from your secondary, especially your safeties is extremely important. Even more so when running a cover-2 defense.
We play a lot more cover one than cover two and Heath is deep more

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Jones gets beat all the time. Remember Green Bay in the playoffs? Jared Cook beat Jones like a drum all day. How about against Denver earlier this year? Jones, so far in his career, has been nothing special. I don't get the love affair at this point.

Is Jones a solid player? Sure. If you ask me, he's somewhere in that 10-20 range on the Safety totem poll. Not hurting the team, but nothing spectacular either.

Oh my god lol, you have the nerve to lecture people about having a thought in their head and already decided?? Just because people may disagree with you, it is their fault lol

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup and he's one of them

Interesting thread. Don't know much about the specifics of the Cowboys secondary and don't know who is playing well and who isnt. Is Byron Jones playing on the level of Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Malcolm Jenkims, Landon Collins, Haha Clinton Dix? I'm not saying he's not, I just didn't know he was... if he is???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Smith huh?
Oh my god lol, you have the nerve to lecture people about having a thought in their head and already decided?? Just because people may disagree with you, it is their fault lol
You really are bizarre. You are so cocksure about all and portray it on others and this is like the 4th time you've said that. Go away and stop reading what I write if you don't like it. I said I'm not even trying to convince others I'm giving my opinion. I'm stating that because he has said it for months so I know his thoughts completely. It's not even an insult whatsoever but you read it like one so it is. Jesus Christ, just STFU already. You are friggin annoying

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thread. Don't know much about the specifics of the Cowboys secondary and don't know who is playing well and who isnt. Is Byron Jones playing on the level of Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Malcolm Jenkims, Landon Collins, Haha Clinton Dix? I'm not saying he's not, I just didn't know he was... if he is???

I would have to say no. I watch all the Cowboys games.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Smith huh?

You really are bizarre. You are so cocksure about all and portray it on others and this is like the 4th time you've said that. Go away and stop reading what I write if you don't like it. I said I'm not even trying to convince others I'm giving my opinion. I'm stating that because he has said it for months so I know his thoughts completely. It's not even an insult whatsoever but you read it like one so it is. Jesus Christ, just STFU already. You are friggin annoying
I call it like i see it. Dont get your panties in a bunch.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually Collins hasn't been what he was last yr. With that said I still take him over any safety. This is my whole point though. Even if he was playing at their caliber, which he may be, I'm not sure who would really know.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Smith huh?

Harrison Smith is kind of like Jones. He isn't the big name even though he did make it last yr. Minnesota has a really fun defense to watch. I know you aren't that impressed with them. Smith though is normally all over the place

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Smith is kind of like Jones. He isn't the big name even though he did make it last yr. Minnesota has a really fun defense to watch. I know you aren't that impressed with them. Smith though is normally all over the place
Not true. I like Minnesota's D. I just don't think they are great. There are other Offenses way better than Minnesota's. So while Minnesota's defense is very good, I don't think it is good enough to make up the difference between some of the other Offenses and theirs. Good chance they could make the playoffs, but I just don't think they are a SB contender.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head in 2016 I would have taken...
NFC
Landon Collins
Malcolm Jenkins
Harrison Smith
Kam Chancellor
Kurt Coleman
Ha-Ha Clinton Dix
and an argument can be made for Rodney McCleod
wasn't even going to mention Earl Thomas

In the AFC in 2016
Devin McCourty
Eric Berry
Eric Weddle
Reggie Nelson

Interesting you noticed that. He has played well (McCleod). Not Pro Bowl well but he is a player you can count on. Malcolm Jenkins has been fantastic for us and is a team leader. I was bummed when we signed him cause I wanted Byrd. Shows you how much I know but I wouldnt be shocked if Jenkins was All Pro this year. Its kind of strange we have two really good safeties and such an abysmal secondary.
Havent really heard Kurt Colemans name much this year. He was great 2 years ago after being flat out awful for us. But I agree. Landon COllins is a beast and most thought he'd be too slow for the NFL.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. I like Minnesota's D. I just don't think they are great. There are other Offenses way better than Minnesota's. So while Minnesota's defense is very good, I don't think it is good enough to make up the difference between some of the other Offenses and theirs. Good chance they could make the playoffs, but I just don't think they are a SB contender.

I must have misread what you said the other day.