• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 reasons why the NFL got Deflategate punshiment wrong

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to some Philly sports shows on the way in. Brian Mitchell thought the punishment was ridiculous, Brian Baldinger thought the punishment was ridiculous, and a whole bunch of fans called in to say that what the Patriots did was basically nothing. Try to remember that the last Patriots cheating scandal (a way more likely to be real one) affected our Super Bowl.
scott fujitas was awesome...he said something to the effect of wiping with the report lol.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats my take

he asked 2 retards to deflate over inflated balls to 12.5 psi, with no gauge, a needle, and with no time or measurements.

Exactly. It could have been as simple as that. I doubt Brady said "the minimum is not low enough for me! Take them lower and break the rules!"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to some Philly sports shows on the way in. Brian Mitchell thought the punishment was ridiculous, Brian Baldinger thought the punishment was ridiculous, and a whole bunch of fans called in to say that what the Patriots did was basically nothing. Try to remember that the last Patriots cheating scandal (a way more likely to be real one) affected our Super Bowl.

I believe the Patriots punishment was harsh, I woulda been fine with them not getting penalized at all

I think the Brady punishment was a slap on the wrist

Privately, Kraft and Belichick must want Brady to get Aids
Right now

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theyve been in the office twice in 8 years. the broncos were in there twice in 4 years, after back to back titles that should never have been won.
I love how the Brady Lovers think they see things more clearly than the Brady Haters

Ya know what's funny about this...it really is a trivial thing...I can understand why TB was kind of smug about it early on...you want to know about what? air in footballs?

If he'd just played dumb...yeah, we did, what about it? Slap on the wrist.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know what's funny about this...it really is a trivial thing...I can understand why TB was kind of smug about it early on...you want to know about what? air in footballs?

If he'd just played dumb...yeah, we did, what about it? Slap on the wrist.[/QUOTE

That's 100% accurate

It's the lying and deception, and leaving his owner and coach out to dry, wasn't nice either

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in a neutral NFL world here in Southern Cal. Amongst the 10, or so, co-workers I have spoken to almost nobody could believe these penalties based on that report. I think most of the mainstream media seems to agree from what I have read so far on CBSSports, Yahoo, Fortune and others. The NFL is going to get their asses handed to them in this appeal. I'm sure of it.

I don't think Kraft is going to do nothing about losing 2 draft picks and the only avenue he has is suing the league, that's why the other owners are 'nervous'. They should be!!!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he'd just played dumb...yeah, we did, what about it? Slap on the wrist.
yessir

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keyshawn Johnson and Starling Sharpe were awesome too
shannon sharpe? i havent heard from sterling in years.

yeah, disregard that shannon guy...hes still calling in the marines or whatever.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kraft is going to do nothing about losing 2 draft picks and the only avenue he has is suing the league, that's why the other owners are 'nervous'. They should be!!!

Lol

The other owners don't give a shit, thy are on vacation

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Patriots punishment was harsh, I woulda been fine with them not getting penalized at all

I think the Brady punishment was a slap on the wrist

Privately, Kraft and Belichick must want Brady to get Aids
Right now
Pretty much... Was surprised about the picks when i first heard about it.. Fine? Big..but whatever..they fucking print money..

That being said...i'm enjoying this...alot.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much... Was surprised about the picks when i first heard about it.. Fine? Big..but whatever..they fucking print money..

Me too

No one could ever wash the stink off these tainted titles now

It's a crying shame Brady has to be in the Pete Rose wing now

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kraft is going to go nuclear on the NFL and it's going to be hugely entertaining. The Wells report was a total farce. They didn't prove a damn thing and then levied the stiffest penalties ever. This really might cost Goodell his job after all is said, and done. The guy is 100% incompetent.

All that said, Brady is not a young man. Having the first 4 weeks off(even though it will be reduced to 2) after a long playoff run and a Super Bowl win is probably the best thing for him. Also, they have all Summer to prepare Garappolo to start a few games. It is going to be fine for the Pats, but it will get ugly for the NFL.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao

Delusional

Goodell is incompetent, he's only made billions upon billions for owners

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said...i'm enjoying this penis...alot.
i'm sure you are.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enjoying it? I thought you just said you didn't give a fuck?

The fine is hilarious given that the team is worth $2B+, but I guess it is pretty harsh given other fines levied in the past. Hell, Jim Irsay only was fined $500K for being busted with a car full of drugs and admitting a drug problem. And, as an owner, he should be held to a higher standard.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#rockandchappeespooningfest
Amazing that Nobody cares.....

Kraft is going to go nuclear on the NFL and it's going to be hugely entertaining. The Wells report was a total farce. They didn't prove a damn thing and then levied the stiffest penalties ever. This really might cost Goodell his job after all is said, and done. The guy is 100% incompetent.

All that said, Brady is not a young man. Having the first 4 weeks off(even though it will be reduced to 2) after a long playoff run and a Super Bowl win is probably the best thing for him. Also, they have all Summer to prepare Garappolo to start a few games. It is going to be fine for the Pats, but it will get ugly for the NFL.
Ya'll want Kraft to go nuts on the NFL..and not saying he isn't within his right.

But have you thought about the ramifications of Patriots going all out to "make it rain" on the NFL? They are still an NFL team. You wanna cause that kinda sour strain?

Kraft will do something..but i think its going to be a lot more tactful and subtle than you want it to be..

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#rockandchappeespooningfest

Ya'll want Kraft to go nuts on the NFL..and not saying he isn't within his right.

But have you thought about the ramifications of Patriots going all out to "make it rain" on the NFL? They are still an NFL team. You wanna cause that kinda sour strain?

Kraft will do something..but i think its going to be a lot more tactful and subtle than you want it to be..
he eggs goodells house!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The text messages are all we need to see

They don't say anything and you haven't even read them. And you didn't need to, because your mind was already made up.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoying it? I thought you just said you didn't give a fuck?

The fine is hilarious given that the team is worth $2B+, but I guess it is pretty harsh given other fines levied in the past. Hell, Jim Irsay only was fined $500K for being busted with a car full of drugs and admitting a drug problem. And, as an owner, he should be held to a higher standard.

I'm enjoying the shit this stirred