• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, Jordan Weal saves us from what would've very likely been a shootout loss with less than four seconds remaining in overtime on a lone rush. The shot appeared to be a bit of a change-up and may have caught Ward by surprise, beating him five hole. When is this fucking guy going to retire by the way? Lol Just seems like he's been around forever and was surely going to steal a point from us in this one.

This was a very tight, competitive game and I thought we played better as the game went on, especially late in the third period. Then, Carolina managed to hold onto the puck for almost the entire overtime. That's an enormous two points, although you hate to see the three point game within the division.

Maybe MacDonald is starting to fade away too. This guy made a few plays tonight that just about lost us the game. Plays that veterans aren't supposed to make. I recall a chip to the front right to a wide open Lindholm that Elliott barely stopped, then an icing from our goal line and he also failed to cover the side of the net Lindholm scored on during that power play.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this win and losses from teams that were ahead of us, we pass the Islanders and Jackets into 4th place and take the 1st wild card position. The Senators beat the Devils too, which leaves us only 3 points back of NJ and 4 back of Pitt with games in hand on them.

As critical of a win as this is, it's important to keep it rolling and win the next two against teams that likely aren't going to make the playoffs.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very critical win glad to see it. They played well but OT scares the hell out of me. They are also a far better team with Elliott.

Trade deadline hard to say probably will use young guys in the minors instead of bringing anyone up. May try to unload some older guys but they need to increase value first. Ie. Lehtera, AMac, Weise, etc..

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, Jordan Weal saves us from what would've very likely been a shootout loss with less than four seconds remaining in overtime on a lone rush. The shot appeared to be a bit of a change-up and may have caught Ward by surprise, beating him five hole. When is this fucking guy going to retire by the way? Lol Just seems like he's been around forever and was surely going to steal a point from us in this one.

This was a very tight, competitive game and I thought we played better as the game went on, especially late in the third period. Then, Carolina managed to hold onto the puck for almost the entire overtime. That's an enormous two points, although you hate to see the three point game within the division.

Maybe MacDonald is starting to fade away too. This guy made a few plays tonight that just about lost us the game. Plays that veterans aren't supposed to make. I recall a chip to the front right to a wide open Lindholm that Elliott barely stopped, then an icing from our goal line and he also failed to cover the side of the net Lindholm scored on during that power play.

And having Hagg out there with him is doom for Him, he is not good enough to cover for Macdoonalds fuck ups, He looks very lost on the PK at times and has let players get way to good of position on him. He needs another hard hitting Dman to play with him as I think it will help him to.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very critical win glad to see it. They played well but OT scares the hell out of me. They are also a far better team with Elliott.

Trade deadline hard to say probably will use young guys in the minors instead of bringing anyone up. May try to unload some older guys but they need to increase value first. Ie. Lehtera, AMac, Weise, etc..

He started off a little shakey this year but has settled in nicely, the stick save he made in OT was crazy, not to be outdone by Roo's stick save also lol. You def see the confidence level rise while he's in there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st thing to do.is look at all the available UFA's and start from there.
I believe P Maroon is available for a reasonable price.
I am with you on this i like the size and the ability to score 20

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordy Weeeeal!!!!!!! Huge point in a game that was almost playoff atmosphere. MacDonald is starting to fade but you cant blame him for that chip to Linholm. That was a pass that went right through the legs of Laughton who shouldve had the pass or at least blocked it from going in front. With that said AMac has been making dumb mistakes for a couple of games now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elliot has to be considered our MVP this season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case we wont be getting him. That would've been a nice guy to get with his size that we sorely need.
Yea I'm pretty sure they were talking about it during the Oil vs Av's game the other night, Anybody on the Rags you like, seems they are having a fire sale lol, I think even Ryan Mcdonagh is available, What about a deal for Bobby Ryan or Jason Spezza?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm pretty sure they were talking about it during the Oil vs Av's game the other night, Anybody on the Rags you like, seems they are having a fire sale lol, I think even Ryan Mcdonagh is available, What about a deal for Bobby Ryan or Jason Spezza?
I would like from the Rags Grabner. hes been putting up 20+ goals and is excellent on the PK plus brings A+ speed. we should've signed him 2 years ago instead we signed Weise.
Bobby Ryan just tore ligaments so dont want him and Spezza makes 7.5 million so we cant have him

I want Grabner or Maroon everyone else can go suck an egg.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like from the Rags Grabner. hes been putting up 20+ goals and is excellent on the PK plus brings A+ speed. we should've signed him 2 years ago instead we signed Weise.
Bobby Ryan just tore ligaments so dont want him and Spezza makes 7.5 million so we cant have him

I want Grabner or Maroon everyone else can go suck an egg.
Actually Grabner may be on his way to the Av's, supposed talks are going on, I would love his speed on this team, what does it take to get him though?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Grabner may be on his way to the Av's, supposed talks are going on, I would love his speed on this team, what does it take to get him though?
Not sure what they are asking but how much could it be? Im sure they dont want to price themselves out of a trade and get stuck with him when they are trying to go young and rebuild.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what they are asking but how much could it be? Im sure they dont want to price themselves out of a trade and get stuck with him when they are trying to go young and rebuild.
Not sure but it probably wont be much but I'm sure the Rags will try to get all they can.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Elliott for another season. I hope we can resign him for another 2 year after that at a decent price.