• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dominated this game for long stretches, but only barely salvaged a point. Time for the Lyon experiment to end. Anderson just outplayed him in this one. Patrick is coming on fast right now and already looks very much at home as the second line center. Just imagine how good this team could be if/when we acquire someone to replace Filppula. That move may even come from within, you just never know. Also, once Myers and Morin are up with the big club to replace guys like MacDonald and Manning, because they are struggling at times right now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hate that the Sens almost appeared to be playing for the shootout throughout OT. Why not, right? We're only one of the worst SO teams ever and Anderson ends up outdueling Neuvy to further make that case. Bunch of fucking pussies though to vacate the zone over and over, then even retreat to their own zone.

This is the type of game that makes us all long for a goalie who is just great at everything and can start 65+ games per season. Carter Hart, we certainly hope that is you. No pressure though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite not getting the two points, the celebration at the end of regulation when Patrick scored the game tying goal leads you to believe that this game was a huge team-building type of moment and wins will start to pile up moving forward. That's my take on it, at least. This is not going to be another 10 game losing streak, especially not once Elliott returns healthy.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They outplayed the sens OT was only justice. Lyon simply isn't ready so putting in Neuvy made sense. I just don't understand how one guy can't score in the SO. It's frustrating. Do they not practice this? Unfortunately when Elliott is gone the goaltending becomes a weak spot and this team isn't strong enough to overcome it yet. Not giving up yet but I really can't wait to see next years team...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They outplayed the sens OT was only justice. Lyon simply isn't ready so putting in Neuvy made sense. I just don't understand how one guy can't score in the SO. It's frustrating. Do they not practice this? Unfortunately when Elliott is gone the goaltending becomes a weak spot and this team isn't strong enough to overcome it yet. Not giving up yet but I really can't wait to see next years team...

I just question why Neuvy didn't start the game to begin with if he was healthy. He has been overall way more steady than the unknown of Lyon at the Nhl level, who appeared nervous and fragile in the clutch.

They probably rarely if ever practice the shootout, but why didn't Konecny get a look? He had 3 assists and a +2 from the top line and through 6 shooters, he was not chosen. Also, Giroux not in the top 3, that was interesting.

Bottom line: We hate the fucking shootouts and always have because we have neither a goalie nor a shooter who is usually money.

But speaking of money...if we spend our extra cap space the right way, these Flyers next year could be a powerhouse Cup contender, for sure.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect to take out some frustration on Carolina and with Elliott back in net too.

We shall see.

For now, I hope the Eagles bring the city of Philadelphia another Championship tonight, but it we be some kind of battle.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats eagles fans!

Going to the game Tuesday, pumped.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Eagles fans! I'm glad that your DC finally realized that you need more than one guy on gronk! I don't understand why teams don't get this and get crushed because of it. Put two on him make them go elsewhere. If they beat you so be it. Good thing Foles was money man was he good...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just question why Neuvy didn't start the game to begin with if he was healthy. He has been overall way more steady than the unknown of Lyon at the Nhl level, who appeared nervous and fragile in the clutch.

They probably rarely if ever practice the shootout, but why didn't Konecny get a look? He had 3 assists and a +2 from the top line and through 6 shooters, he was not chosen. Also, Giroux not in the top 3, that was interesting.

Bottom line: We hate the fucking shootouts and always have because we have neither a goalie nor a shooter who is usually money.

But speaking of money...if we spend our extra cap space the right way, these Flyers next year could be a powerhouse Cup contender, for sure.
Neuvy was sick you could see when they showed him on the bench that he didn't look so good.

Shootout was terrible nobody scored how weak is that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant get down a couple of goals early to a team like Ottawa. No energy early on and Lyon was terrible.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy the eagles won last night but not as much as Skip Bayless lol, he's about ready to ejaculate on T.V.:pound:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it safe to say our team is a streaky team?

Yes, but probably a lot of teams are, considering every game technically ends in a win or loss. It could be a lot worse, but we just aren't limiting the losses as much as the contending teams do.

We're getting help all over the division though still. The Pens, Rags, Jackets, Caps and Canes have all lost in regulation in just the last two days.

Have to get back to winning here though or we'll find ourselves last in the division before we know it. That said, have a nice little winning streak and we could be 2nd or 3rd. Very tight out there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but probably a lot of teams are, considering every game technically ends in a win or loss. It could be a lot worse, but we just aren't limiting the losses as much as the contending teams do.

We're getting help all over the division though still. The Pens, Rags, Jackets, Caps and Canes have all lost in regulation in just the last two days.

Have to get back to winning here though or we'll find ourselves last in the division before we know it. That said, have a nice little winning streak and we could be 2nd or 3rd. Very tight out there.
We have to start with a huge win tomorrow. Cant make it 5 loses in a row.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only deal i see worth doing is seeing what you could get for Simmer, If he he could bring back some just rewards then I say do it and bolster this team even deeper, IMO it would be a pretty hard decision because we've witnessed this team being able to hang with anyone right now. If you do it I guess it would also be an admission of were not ready yet, but you never know what a trade deal might bring. I would be a def no on bringing JVR back though.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know whats great about little babies? Everything, except when they wake up at night they are up lol.