• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a giant windfall for us right now within the division. The Rags, Canes, Isles, Jackets and Devils are riding a combined 15 game losing streak.

As maddening as most of the goals that we are giving up now are, it's another two points and we're right there with NJ and Pitt for 2nd and 3rd in the division. I think we relied on Elliott a little too much late in this one and also handed Montreal most of their goals, but it is good to win when we aren't at our best.

Time to head out west and beat Arizona. It has to be two points against easily the worst team in the Nhl. I don't want to worry about Vegas until we get there.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a nice win one that they would have lost earlier in the season. They are finding ways other guys contributing now. I was just saying it would be nice for G's line to get going then bam he goes off. Nice to see.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a nice win one that they would have lost earlier in the season. They are finding ways other guys contributing now. I was just saying it would be nice for G's line to get going then bam he goes off. Nice to see.
I agree, the only noticeable thing now is some of our Dmen combo's are playing really bad right now, hope that ship rightens itself soon. Elliott is being a rock but man you gotta get the puck out and quit turning it over.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a giant windfall for us right now within the division. The Rags, Canes, Isles, Jackets and Devils are riding a combined 15 game losing streak.

As maddening as most of the goals that we are giving up now are, it's another two points and we're right there with NJ and Pitt for 2nd and 3rd in the division. I think we relied on Elliott a little too much late in this one and also handed Montreal most of their goals, but it is good to win when we aren't at our best.

Time to head out west and beat Arizona. It has to be two points against easily the worst team in the Nhl. I don't want to worry about Vegas until we get there.
Last time we played Arizona they had 0 wins and beat us 4-3 in OT. I hope we remember that and score early and often.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad is Montreal losing handily to us with a third line of Flipper Lehtera and Weise.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the only noticeable thing now is some of our Dmen combo's are playing really bad right now, hope that ship rightens itself soon. Elliott is being a rock but man you gotta get the puck out and quit turning it over.

Ghost 3 assists 2 blocked shots
Hagg 7 hits 1 blocked shot
Gudas 5 hits 1 blocked shot
Manning 5 hits 3 blocked shots
Prov 1 plus 3 2 blocked shots
McDonald 2 blocked shots 1 takeaway (Played his best game in weeks)

Only 2 turnovers between them all

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 point behind the Devils and 2 behind Pitt for 2nd place with a game in hand.

Our division went from being dominant last year to very mediocre this season.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that Gee has gotten kicked out of the face-off circle more this year than ever before. Do you think he is doing it on purpose knowing Couts can come in and maybe have a better angle as a lefty in certain situations or are the linesman finally onto to his tricks.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that the turnovers happened all on one shift and Les habs scored. Gudas was gassed. Otherwise overall they were decent.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad is Montreal losing handily to us with a third line of Flipper Lehtera and Weise.
Or is that the fourth line? If so not brutal by any means. I'm still hoping that one or more of the young guys impresses enough to be called up before the playoffs and improves the lineup.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is that the fourth line? If so not brutal by any means. I'm still hoping that one or more of the young guys impresses enough to be called up before the playoffs and improves the lineup.
Looking at those three you would think that it was our fourth line but they were the third unfortunately.

Im with you and also hoping one of the young guys makes the jump and id like it to be Lindblom so he can get some experience before coming up for good last night.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if all the hitting he is doing is wearing him down.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you go read the play by play you'll see where x player was credited for a take away in the offensive zone, same as a turnover. It's just something I see happening in games lately and hope gets tightened up. Also when they panic and shoot it around the boards into the opposing dman pinching on whatever forward there, is equal to a turnover IMO because were not clearing the puck, not saying it's been horrendous but noticeable.