• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys I'm back for the ride to the playoffs. Still recovering from the week long hangover of the Eagles Super Bowl victory. How does our lineup look tonight against the weak Arizona team? I know they are coming off a huge upset win over Minnesota the other night. Hopefully we can get this road win tonight. I'm taking Coots for the 1st goal tonight. I think we win 3-2 with Elliott looking great in the net.:suds:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys I'm back for the ride to the playoffs. Still recovering from the week long hangover of the Eagles Super Bowl victory. How does our lineup look tonight against the weak Arizona team? I know they are coming off a huge upset win over Minnesota the other night. Hopefully we can get this road win tonight. I'm taking Coots for the 1st goal tonight. I think we win 3-2 with Elliott looking great in the net.:suds:
That team has played great their last 4 against some good teams, we dominated the 3rd but that was about it, we lost Elliott again for who knows how long, but Nuevy looked awesome coming in during a shootout cold and stopped all of them I believe, was a harder 2 points then I'm sure anyone thought even though we were 4-0-0 against the Yotes our last 4.

Oh and congrats to the Eagles.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps we finally found a team that is worse than us in the shootout last night. Maybe Patrick will get more looks in that respect too. Props to Voracek too for a very clutch score to save us from the loss. Obviously Neuvy got the job done and became the first Nhl goalie to win a game after entering during the shootout, but we hope Elliott is not seriously hurt here. It's two more points, but Vegas will probably throttle us if we bring that performance again tonight. Yeah, who would've thought we'd be saying that shit...Lol

This should be interesting either way, but we have a real challenge tonight and then a massive rematch against the Devils on Tuesday with probably top three position on the line, possibly even a shot at 2nd.

As we speak though, we're sitting 3rd in the Metro, still own the tiebreaker against every team below us and have a game in hand on Pitt, who are only one point clear of us.

Everything is there for the taking, so let's go out and get it!!

Last edited:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing down to the competition yet again. At least we did get the 2 points. If the trend continues, we should have a good one tonight.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing down to the competition yet again. At least we did get the 2 points. If the trend continues, we should have a good one tonight.

The positive side of that is we are consistently winning games we would've lost earlier this season or probably even the previous two seasons. To me, that means this is the best team we've had since Hakstol was hired and there's still room to improve on this version of the team also.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott may have pulled a groin when he went down. The Flyers would not give any details on his injury.

The Flyers said Elliott would be re-evaluated when the team returned home after its game Sunday in Las Vegas. There’s a chance Alex Lyon will be recalled from the Phantoms to serve as a backup Sunday.

Michal Neuvirth relieved Elliott, and Arizona was 0 for 5 against him. The Flyers are now 1-4 in shootouts.

According to the NHL, Neuvirth became the first goalie to ever enter a game during a shootout and register a victory.

“Unbelievable job by Neuvy to come in cold and make some big stops,” Patrick said after his first shootout goal in two attempts this season. “A lot of credit goes to him.”

Neuvirth said it was the first time in his career he entered a game during a shootout.

“It was tough to see Ells go down,” he said. “We practice shootouts in the pre-game skates, so I have confidence.”

Patrick said he watched the monitor before taking his game-winner and saw goalie Antti Raanta’s glove was low. He beat Raanta with a high shot to the glove side.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The positive side of that is we are consistently winning games we would've lost earlier this season or probably even the previous two seasons. To me, that means this is the best team we've had since Hakstol was hired and there's still room to improve on this version of the team also.
That was definitely a game we would have lost in the past. Good to see a W when it looked like it was going to be a L.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a big win tonight! Not a lot of shots but they made them count. All of the lines did their job nice to see. AMac played well...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the Golden Knights, seemingly everything Sean Couturier touched turned to gold. This guy was an absolute beast all game long in all zones. He essentially provided all of the offense we needed by himself and also made many vital plays defensively or in the faceoff dot to preserve it. I mean he "worked his balls off," right? Lol

I hope we played the slots after the game too, because we were extremely fortunate on several plays, including the deflection off MacDonald's skate for the goal and also the fluke bounce that pushed the long, wide Gudas shot into a gaping net. Love the reaction of his teammates on that one. The puck was clearly going wide until it bounced perfectly for him.

That said, we really played a strong, team game on the road, keeping a lot of shot attempts wide, blocking shots and overall just bending but not breaking defensively. Neuvy was there also when he needed to be. Based on the time on ice numbers, we were clearly able to roll four lines all game long too and the lone penalty kill was masterful. That is all critical in a back to back scenario.

We somehow become only the 4th team all season long to beat Vegas in regulation on their home ice. They are still 19-4-2, which is absolutely insane. This is a trend for us though. We keep proving that we can win on the road against the very best that the Nhl has to offer. Tampa, Vegas, Washington, St. Louis, Toronto, San Jose and probably Nashville too if we hadn't gotten robbed early in the season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the standings, we keep pace with Pitt, gain one on the Caps and pull three clear of NJ, who are in a complete freefall ahead of our game Tuesday night. That's another regulation win though, which gives us 27 in the ROW category, three more than any other team behind us.

Time to head back home and take care of some unfinished business against the Devils. Revenge will be on the docket, for sure. We've already taken 3rd place from them ahead of this game though and we are teams going in opposite directions right now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Konecny already now with a career high in goals and points with 13 and 29 through only 56 games. He is a +8 as well and most all of those points are at even strength.

Once we get a second power play unit that is truly viable or he is moved to the top unit, this guy is going to put up huge numbers. Even without that added production, he has 19 points in his last 20 games. That'll do.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Konecny already now with a career high in goals and points with 13 and 29 through only 56 games. He is a +8 as well and most all of those points are at even strength.

Once we get a second power play unit that is truly viable or he is moved to the top unit, this guy is going to put up huge numbers. Even without that added production, he has 19 points in his last 20 games. That'll do.

It's nice to see this kid blossom,, I know I was down on him earlier but he has proven me 100% wrong and he def belongs on that 1st line, I guess he just needed good players around him and not slugs.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the Golden Knights, seemingly everything Sean Couturier touched turned to gold. This guy was an absolute beast all game long in all zones. He essentially provided all of the offense we needed by himself and also made many vital plays defensively or in the faceoff dot to preserve it. I mean he "worked his balls off," right? Lol

I hope we played the slots after the game too, because we were extremely fortunate on several plays, including the deflection off MacDonald's skate for the goal and also the fluke bounce that pushed the long, wide Gudas shot into a gaping net. Love the reaction of his teammates on that one. The puck was clearly going wide until it bounced perfectly for him.

That said, we really played a strong, team game on the road, keeping a lot of shot attempts wide, blocking shots and overall just bending but not breaking defensively. Neuvy was there also when he needed to be. Based on the time on ice numbers, we were clearly able to roll four lines all game long too and the lone penalty kill was masterful. That is all critical in a back to back scenario.

We somehow become only the 4th team all season long to beat Vegas in regulation on their home ice. They are still 19-4-2, which is absolutely insane. This is a trend for us though. We keep proving that we can win on the road against the very best that the Nhl has to offer. Tampa, Vegas, Washington, St. Louis, Toronto, San Jose and probably Nashville too if we hadn't gotten robbed early in the season.
the crowd looked to be rocking a lot of orange. Are the Knights getting a fanbase off of this great inaugeral season?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the crowd looked to be rocking a lot of orange. Are the Knights getting a fanbase off of this great inaugeral season?

They are at 103.3% capacity on average, so I would say so, but the commentators also said there were at least 3,000 Flyer fans in attendance that also went to the game the night before in Arizona. That is the 3rd best attendance in the Nhl by percentage. We are at 99.6%, but have a higher capacity arena. Our fans are travelling well too. It doesn't hurt that the Eagles just won the Super Bowl either.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Eagles!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a big win tonight! Not a lot of shots but they made them count. All of the lines did their job nice to see. AMac played well...
That is a good win for us as Vegas plays very good team defense and very good team offense. They are going to be a tough team in the playoffs but so are we.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reaction by Ghost to Gudas scoring while they were on the bench was great to see.