• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Dallas Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see what the 49ers do in this game. Dallas D isnt great so we should be able to run on them. My issue with this game is Dallas Oline. I dont think we get pressure on the young QB. Should be a close game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will going to be a pivotable game this week. At home against an average opponent. If the defense gets blown up again at home, things are really going to start heading south. The calls to replace Gabbert have really grown after the Seattle game. He's faced some really tough defenses on the road. If the offense struggles at home against Dallas, then I think Chip is going to pressured into making a chance sooner rather than later.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will going to be a pivotable game this week. At home against an average opponent. If the defense gets blown up again at home, things are really going to start heading south. The calls to replace Gabbert have really grown after the Seattle game. He's faced some really tough defenses on the road. If the offense struggles at home against Dallas, then I think Chip is going to pressured into making a chance sooner rather than later.
I have to see an above avg performance by Gabbert to keep him as the starter for now. There are no excuses for him to put up over 200 yards.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas will be without Romo, Bryant, L.Collins and it's up in the air whether LT, T.Smith will play (he was inactive last week). If the defense gets run over (Panthers, Seahawks) again by a limping cowboy offense, it's time to make changes in personnel, scheme and/or coaches. If I'm dallas, I do the two things that San Fran hasn't shown they can stop the last 2 weeks--I run the ball all day and throw it to the TE.

OTOH, the Dallas defense will also be without several players--DEs Lawrence and Gregory, ILB McClain, rookie DT M.Collins, and it's possible that NCB Scandrick may be out.Bears game. Last week, backup Hoyer threw for 300+ yards last week and they averaged 5ypc on the ground, but they had to abandon the ground game b/c they fell too far behind as a product of turning the ball over 4 times. Skins game. Cousins threw for 360+ yards. They got 4.7ypc on teh ground. The DC TEs combined for 10 catches and 130 yards.

If the Niner offense--looking at you, Gabbert and Hyde--is going to show up, it's gotta be now b/c they won't have a better opportunity. The last 2 games, Gabbert has looked like early version of Alex Smith and Hyde only seems to show up when it doesn't matter anymore.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dallas will be without Romo, Bryant, L.Collins and it's up in the air whether LT, T.Smith will play (he was inactive last week). If the defense gets run over (Panthers, Seahawks) again by a limping cowboy offense, it's time to make changes in personnel, scheme and/or coaches. If I'm dallas, I do the two things that San Fran hasn't shown they can stop the last 2 weeks--I run the ball all day and throw it to the TE.

OTOH, the Dallas defense will also be without several players--DEs Lawrence and Gregory, ILB McClain, rookie DT M.Collins, and it's possible that NCB Scandrick may be out.Bears game. Last week, backup Hoyer threw for 300+ yards last week and they averaged 5ypc on the ground, but they had to abandon the ground game b/c they fell too far behind as a product of turning the ball over 4 times. Skins game. Cousins threw for 360+ yards. They got 4.7ypc on teh ground. The DC TEs combined for 10 catches and 130 yards.

If the Niner offense--looking at you, Gabbert and Hyde--is going to show up, it's gotta be now b/c they won't have a better opportunity. The last 2 games, Gabbert has looked like early version of Alex Smith and Hyde only seems to show up when it doesn't matter anymore.

Agree the season could turn South in a hurry, so a win would be huge any way we get it.

Running and throwing to the TE is already their strength, so they WILL lean to it. They have a much better O-line than Seattle, so not expecting us to stop the run. But if we can slow it down and prevent large chunks, we should stay in the game.

there is no question we'd be far more competitive if Gabbert had even a little more accuracy. the O-line is certainly providing pass protection and he has to come thru. There should be more open receivers in this game because their secondary isn't solid. I would expect us to drive on them and score TD's, not saying "explosive" mind you, but i'd expect us to score.

As is always the case, just don't help them with turnovers and big penalties.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pretty much sums it up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes big game for this team. they need a win here.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to find out just how shitty this team really is this Sunday. The Cowboys have never won a game in their history when both Bryant and Romo have not played. If this is their first win, then we'll know just how bad the 49ers really are.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We are going to find out just how shitty this team really is this Sunday. The Cowboys have never won a game in their history when both Bryant and Romo have not played. If this is their first win, then we'll know just how bad the 49ers really are.

Obviously, we need a good game from Gabbert, but the D-line also needs to align correctly. :-)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, we need a good game from Gabbert, but the D-line also needs to align correctly. :-)
Dallas will dominate the line of scrimmage on offense.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be watching the Ryder Cup unless it becomes completely irrelevant by game time. Can't any kind of read on this game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose here this team will fall apart again just like last year. I don't feel bad for Kelly because its his fault for starting Gabbert. Looks like he might ride this out this year. He knows he gets a pass for year 1. I hope we win. Like I said I just want to see improvement.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice play by Gabbert on that drive. We are getting no pass rush. Our oline looks good so far. Watching Carradine, don't see anything there