• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers @ Seahawks

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sent my epileptic son, my daughter and their cousin (who went along to watch over my son) to the Dallas game in October this year. They are all over 32 but I paid the full meal deal since it was a road trip for my son.

I ended up paying over $1K for 3 tickets you'd need a sherpa guide to find the seats for.

But they had a blast. And Dallas won, making it perfect. The weekend cost me in excess of $2K all in, in Canuckistanian greenbacks.

So I'm glad Seattle is still there, but don't be expecting me to jump on their bandwagon.....

The Dallas game was the only home game this year that I did not attend. No one is trying to or expects you to jump on our train.
I hope your kids had a good time.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except me, cause Dallas beat them at home... Where it hurts the most.

I like it like that.

Well Hank, you know what they say about those blind hogs don't you?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do 49'ers fans realize on the general board we can say what we want about any team? i dont think they do

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is because Seattle rarely sold out for a long time and only 1 game per day was allowed in their market, I used to miss a lot of good games on TV and was forced to get Sunday Ticket to see what I wanted.

So somebody jumped on the Seattle bandwagon somewhere....

You forget or do not know the King Domes seating capacity,you are up in BC you should be thankful that you get some of the local stations from Seattle and selling out there was many games that sold out even during very bad seasons most typically when good teams would come and lastly Seattle is not LA,NY,Chicago,San Fran etc in size so the fans are far more spread out here and during the fall winter with it getting dark early families rarely made the trip from say Tacoma to the Dome it was mainly Seattlites and eastsiders that are/were regulars.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5021664fd9769dac743b036005006d68.jpg

I'd personally include 2012 as a bandwagon year.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5021664fd9769dac743b036005006d68.jpg

I'd personally include 2012 as a bandwagon year.

You're cute.

From 25 years ago:

NFL Winter Meetings : Too Noisy Cheering Will Bring Penalties - Los Angeles Times

Noticeably noisy cheering--at the wrong time--could bring a penalty of 50 yards or more against the home team.

The owners of the 28 National Football League clubs decided that at the winter meetings at Palm Desert Tuesday, when they empowered their officiating crews to penalize teams for overzealous crowds.

Referees were authorized to confiscate timeouts or, if necessary, walk off penalties against teams whose cheering fans raise the noise level to a pitch that disrupts the other team's communications.

At the Seattle Kingdome, for instance, visiting quarterbacks have for years complained that their teammates often couldn't hear the signals in the din.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these people are interested in facts BHF. Their just trolling for the sake of doing so. Either they know full well they are full of shit before they say that stuff or they don't care. Either way I think it's time this thread got buried.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forget or do not know the King Domes seating capacity,you are up in BC you should be thankful that you get some of the local stations from Seattle and selling out there was many games that sold out even during very bad seasons most typically when good teams would come and lastly Seattle is not LA,NY,Chicago,San Fran etc in size so the fans are far more spread out here and during the fall winter with it getting dark early families rarely made the trip from say Tacoma to the Dome it was mainly Seattlites and eastsiders that are/were regulars.

Everything I read says seating capacity is similar to current home, ~65K or so. New home is much nicer of course. And in same spot?

No matter, I think it's more the fact the team was a dog then and not as many folks were rabid about them as lately.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I read says seating capacity is similar to current home, ~65K or so. New home is much nicer of course. And in same spot?

No matter, I think it's more the fact the team was a dog then and not as many folks were rabid about them as lately.
The Clink is on the same site that the King Dome was on. Yes, it has less seats than the dome did because the view for all of the fans was a big priority. There were seats in the dome that were fucking horrible and just not worth going to.

As for your perception of why it was down in the 90's, the facts don't support it at all. The #12 was retired in the 80's because the team wasn't that great, but always had solid support by a very vocal crowd. They had support through the early 90's. It wasn't until Behring started to dismantle the team that fans protested by not going to games. Within days of the announcement of the new stadium and team sale to Paul Allen the season ticket waiting list was started because they were entirely sold out again.

The facts support that it was the new stadium and owner combination that started this streak, not a build up in better football. It's just a fact. You really need to get over your bias.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you're taking into account that the NFL has a whole has grown SUBSTANTIONALLY in the last decade. Every single team in the NFL has more rabid fans now than they did 10 years ago (and especially if you're going back to the 80's). Not to mention the improvements in techonology that make the game a lot more fun to watch at home, and the advent of social media that allows fans to interact with players and coaches in ways that they never were able to before.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clink is on the same site that the King Dome was on. Yes, it has less seats than the dome did because the view for all of the fans was a big priority. There were seats in the dome that were fucking horrible and just not worth going to.

As for your perception of why it was down in the 90's, the facts don't support it at all. The #12 was retired in the 80's because the team wasn't that great, but always had solid support by a very vocal crowd. They had support through the early 90's. It wasn't until Behring started to dismantle the team that fans protested by not going to games. Within days of the announcement of the new stadium and team sale to Paul Allen the season ticket waiting list was started because they were entirely sold out again.

The facts support that it was the new stadium and owner combination that started this streak, not a build up in better football. It's just a fact. You really need to get over your bias.

It's not my bias, more my perception.

They were not great then, far from it.

Has to weigh into it. Along with the stadium and other things.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not my bias, more my perception.

They were not great then, far from it.

Has to weigh into it. Along with the stadium and other things.

The year before Allen bought the team they finished 7-9 and had no sell outs or anything really close. Only a couple of games over 50k and none over 60k.

The next year (still in the shitty king dome) they finished 8-8, had 3 sell outs over 66k and no games under 50k.

Same head coach, same team, same venue and more than a 20k/game jump in attendance. This is just a fact.

The overall attendance was all over the board the next few years as they played out their last year in the king dome and spent two years in Huksy Stadium while theirs was being built. Still mostly sell outs as people were bringing in and holding onto season tickets to preserve their place for the new stadium when it was finished. That new stadium sold out every game despite the team record.

You keep holding onto your perceptions and continue to ignore the facts. I'm only presenting them for those who might be reading that will be open to them.

Mince no words here, the facts bear out that the fans were boycotting the team when Behring was trying to strip it and move it to California and the MOMENT the team sold the fans returned in droves and supported it fully no matter what the record was season to season since. They have sold out every game even on seasons they finished under .500. There are no signs at all that the issues you faced in the mid 90's had anything to do with bandwagon fans. None.

/discussion

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year before Allen bought the team they finished 7-9 and had no sell outs or anything really close. Only a couple of games over 50k and none over 60k.

The next year (still in the shitty king dome) they finished 8-8, had 3 sell outs over 66k and no games under 50k.

Same head coach, same team, same venue and more than a 20k/game jump in attendance. This is just a fact.

The overall attendance was all over the board the next few years as they played out their last year in the king dome and spent two years in Huksy Stadium while theirs was being built. Still mostly sell outs as people were bringing in and holding onto season tickets to preserve their place for the new stadium when it was finished. That new stadium sold out every game despite the team record.

You keep holding onto your perceptions and continue to ignore the facts. I'm only presenting them for those who might be reading that will be open to them.

Mince no words here, the facts bear out that the fans were boycotting the team when Behring was trying to strip it and move it to California and the MOMENT the team sold the fans returned in droves and supported it fully no matter what the record was season to season since. They have sold out every game even on seasons they finished under .500. There are no signs at all that the issues you faced in the mid 90's had anything to do with bandwagon fans. None.

/discussion

Feisty.

I've never much cared for facts.....

But I do like swimming up stream against the current.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feisty.

I've never much cared for facts.....

But I do like swimming up stream against the current.

:lol:

And I like creating a stream to swim in :noidea:

To me the real point is if this city was just about fair weather fans then they would have stopped selling out games between 2008 and 2011 when they finished 4-12, 5-11, 7-9, and 7-9. You don't sell out every game over a span like that if your fans are only going to be there to support a winner. They were anything but winners over that stretch. Even after Holmgren left for Cleveland so we lost our big name coach, they still sucked and still sold out every game.

The fans here have been loud supporters with a backlog for season tickets no matter what their record since the day Allen took over the ownership of the team.

But we are all so sorry our protests against a terrible owner in a shitty, falling apart dome, prevented you from watching other teams of interest on local TV some 20 years ago. I do hope you found sufficient therapy to ease the pain it caused.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roughly the same but Clink does not host baseball as you know and think about the population compared to the 70's to the 80's to now,i was born and bred here and traffic was never near what it is now in Seattle and the eastside,they havent stopped building condos everywhere for the last 20 years lol.

People were rabid,i went to many games,sure the local pop jumps in when they see them go to the playoffs etc but those people watch at home etc,whats it matter?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know why this issue gets brought up,just to bash Hawk fans i guess because i am 44 i recall when the Hawks first came to be,i had went to many games for many years in the Dome from Mariners,Sounders,SeaHawks,concerts,boatshows,you name it,after the Needle even though it was ugly but the Dome was/is Seattle,ask any old timer Seattleites it almost did not happen for one and the real old guys/gals often bring up the worlds fair.