• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers at Seahawks, Thursday Night Predictaball

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up on Purdy. Let’s see how he would do against the San Francisco defense
Agreed, he looked ok against Seattle's defense which is complete shit. When he plays a real defense we'll be able to judge him better.

Purdy won't even need a shower tonight. Our defense thought he had an STD and didn't want to touch him. Does our DC knos what blitzing is?

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, he looked ok against Seattle's defense which is complete shit. When he plays a real defense we'll be able to judge him better.

Purdy won't even need a shower tonight. Our defense thought he had an STD and didn't want to touch him. Does our DC knos what blitzing is?
TB is top 10 in yards and points defensively and they scored 35 last week

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB is top 10 in yards and points defensively and they scored 35 last week
They also play in a terrible division where 6 wins gets you first place.

I'm just saying I need to see a lot more from Purdy before I consider him great.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far as I can tell, that is not a thing. Not sure how defined it actually is, bu w/in a yard is not accurate

I'm just saying I need to see a lot more from Purdy before I consider him great.
For the record Bucs gave up 41 to KC and besides Purdy and Niners putting up 35, the next worst they have given up was 27.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To small a sample to judge Purdy. Has done well so far, but he's only played a few games. I'd be surprised if he works out to be any other then a game manager, but you never know I guess.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might be early to call him great, but handwaving his performance against our shit defense and ignoring that he beat a subjectively and objectively good defense handily is a bit disingenuous. He looked pretty poised all night in this game. Universally more poised than Geno.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be early to call him great, but handwaving his performance against our shit defense and ignoring that he beat a subjectively and objectively good defense handily is a bit disingenuous. He looked pretty poised all night in this game. Universally more poised than Geno.
I agree he looked poised. But I think any QB looks poised when they only get hit once and sacked one other time, and the rest of the night the defense plays super soft zones. My criticism of Purdy is actually more of a criticism towards our own DC and players.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Stroud or dare I say Young....

The amount of times Smith was throwing off his back foot tonight was ridiculous.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he looked poised. But I think any QB looks poised when they only get hit once and sacked one other time, and the rest of the night the defense plays super soft zones. My criticism of Purdy is actually more of a criticism towards our own DC and players.
I don't really think that's true; I think primetime Seahawks/Qwest/CenturyLink/Lumen Field has made a lot of established QBs look bad and lose their poise. I didn't see that at all tonight w/ Mr. Irrellevant, even w/ a few false srarts by his OL and one drive start ftom his 1/2 yard line

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we lose out
I already have them picked to lose out. With lack of run defense, might as well...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was actually making stupid throws when the game was close tonight. But when they pulled away he didn’t have any pressure on him

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think that's true; I think primetime Seahawks/Qwest/CenturyLink/Lumen Field has made a lot of established QBs look bad and lose their poise. I didn't see that at all tonight w/ Mr. Irrellevant, even w/ a few false srarts by his OL and one drive start ftom his 1/2 yard line
Well he only put up 21 points against our defense. That’s not very good

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he only put up 21 points against our defense. That’s not very good
Ehh... 28, really, and 35 if you count the shoulda-been pick 6 (I know that's defense, but over a season, that all counts) and for some unexplainable reason, KS punted after his O got exactly what he was looking for on 4th and 7 from midfield late 1st half.

If the Broncos scored 21 a week, I think they have a better record than the 9'ers (Like 11 wins or so?)

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh... 28, really, and 35 if you count the shoulda-been pick 6 (I know that's defense, but over a season, that all counts) and for some unexplainable reason, KS punted after his O got exactly what he was looking for on 4th and 7 from midfield late 1st half.

If the Broncos scored 21 a week, I think they have a better record than the 9'ers (Like 11 wins or so?)
Guess Denver would be 10-3 if they scored 21 in regulation every week this year... same or better than 9'ers, pending their outcome this week.

Also... how the fuck did the Broncos beat the 9'ers? We should be in contention for the #1 pick with some luck.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know, we rarely ever send heat, it’s annoying… We’ve been like this for years now, very predictable …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess Denver would be 10-3 if they scored 21 in regulation every week this year... same or better than 9'ers, pending their outcome this week.

Also... how the fuck did the Broncos beat the 9'ers? We should be in contention for the #1 pick with some luck.
What’s crazy is in our teams history we’ve never had the number one overall pick, we’ve had the 2nd overall pick twice and the 3rd overall pick 3 times ..

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its weird that Geno has the stats of being an effective QB I think after this weeks games he will be top 5 in passing TDs and yards and a high completion percentage but these last 4 games he has been beaten by back up QBs (with a near loss to the Rams) As much as I want to draft a QB that could be the next Allen or Mahomes watching teams continuously move the ball on the ground and their QB making a high percentage throw is sickening.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was fun. Final score isn't really indicative of how non-competitive this game was most of the way. My thoughts:
  • After that, we should be even more convinced about the need for a stud on the DL. The Niners have those, and that's why our O had such a tough night. Putting Stroud or Young back there wouldn't have made it better. We need to do to other teams what the SF D did to us in order to have a better chance to win games like last night. Our offense finished a lot better than it started, but they were just mauling us up front most of the night. Geno Smith did what he could, and I don't know many others who could have overcome that.
  • Diggs has to make that play. That 3 or 4 play series of events from that point possibly was the game. It was a difference of about 40 yards in field position, and us getting a score after that instead of a turnover leading to their TD would have been huge.
  • The spot on the Purdy slide...it didn't look like just about every other spot I've ever seen when a runner (usually a QB but not always) gives themselves up with a feet-first slide. I understood the explanation by the ex-ref on the telecast, but how the officials spotted that just didn't match up with how it usually goes. They always take it back to where the slide began vs where the ball was at a certain point.
  • DK didn't have tons of yards, but I thought he had a really good game. He brought a level of physicality that very few WRs in the history of the game have been able to do. Hardly any WRs are seeking out head-on contact with LBs, particularly not with Fred Warner. He did get a 15 yarder for taunting, but I also thought at least once or twice that same flag should have been thrown on SF for action on DK after the whistle. Without his toughness last night, I think we may have wilted and not been within a score at the end.
  • It was a rough night for our book-end rookies, but that's SF's strength of having stud 1st and 2nd rounders all over their defensive front. We should try that!
  • I like Travis Homer as a ST guy, but it's difficult watching him on offense. He gets knocked over by a gentle breeze (which makes no sense because he is a physical specimen), and that fumble at the end of the half was just brutal. Just can't happen. DeeJay Dallas is probably more of a 3rd down guy, so I fully expect another ballcarrier being added in the next draft. As it stands, this RB corps is 1 injury away from having to lean on Homer to the point where he's a liability.
  • He got banged up and hopefully is ok, but I thought it wasn't a great night for Jordyn Brooks. He looked over matched multiple times in space, and there were a couple times I had some questions on his effort chasing a play down field. It looked like he quit on a few plays once they were past him.
Yeehaw, 7-7 and soon to be 7-8 after the trip to KC. This season will be all about the last 2 games, at least in terms of whether we stumble into the playoffs. I guess it would be cool to see them make it in a year they were supposed to be terrible, but there's a big part of me that's also ready for this to be over.

Go WhoeverisplayingDenver!