• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers at Seahawks, Thursday Night Predictaball

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking forward to this one. Considering how we've played the last few weeks...

no, correct that...Considering how we've let other teams run through us the last few weeks, I can only see an easy division clinch for San Fran this week.

But maybe Geno can at least get back to form and keep playing the Season of His Career. It's at least something I wouldn't mind seeing in the stats.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction: pain

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it should be a real beat down, so brace for the worse and hope for the best.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper we should lose like 38-10. But in divisional games - anything could happen.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper we should lose like 38-10. But in divisional games - anything could happen.
Any given Sunday and that goes double for division games, but brace yourself for the worse ahead of time, you can still enjoy a upset should that happen.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle sucks to play for San Fran regardless of how good or bad they are. My gut says it’s gonna have me on the edge of my seat and Niners run clock out late to win 27-24

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are about to get our teeth kicked in.... it's going to be bad... San Fran loves to run the ball and they run it well... and well.... yah Seattle. Hoping there's no major injuries.

This is one of those weird games where I wouldn't be shocked if it's close or San Fran looks past Seattle... but I doubt it. Seattle needs to focus heavily on interior O-Line and DL this offseason. Jalen Carter would be a good start.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much has made sense this season and not just for our team. To keep the pattern going, we probably show up and play the best game of the season of tomorrow and climb right back in the wild card hunt.

But on paper we should get smoked for sure.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.Well. Time for a crap sangy. Dig in boys.

I picked us because must win

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean technically we could lose and beat KC (in KC lol) but yah... it's pretty much a must win. And the fuckin' Commanders and Giants with that stupid fucking tie probably requires the win. Otherwise we'd have the tiebreaker against the Ants.

Looks like Walker is ready to go. That helps at least. Geno cannot throw early picks in this game though. San Fran will run the ball non-stop anyway, but a couple early turnovers against San Fran would be full disaster mode.

Personally, I think Seattle looked past Carolina to the San Fran game... so I think there's a chance... but a slim one.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no idea what a crap sangy is or what it means, but the NFC has such a mediocre middle class this year that we probably only need 2 wins in the last 4 games to make the playoffs so this is certainly not a must win game. We have more wins than Detroit right now and beat them h2h, and they're still in it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what a crap sangy is or what it means, but the NFC has such a mediocre middle class this year that we probably only need 2 wins in the last 4 games to make the playoffs so this is certainly not a must win game. We have more wins than Detroit right now and beat them h2h, and they're still in it.

Yah but we have KC after this :( and sadly that stupid tie that the Giants got with the Commanders could also be an issue.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think Seattle looked past Carolina to the San Fran game... so I think there's a chance... but a slim one.
I don't necessarily believe in this perception.. I played sports all my life through JuCo and you literally prepared for one game at a time... We never looked "Past" a team we were preparing for... Coaches wouldn't let us... We'd look "Forward" to a specific team we wanted to play but we wouldn't look "past" a specific team were playing at the moment... Carolina had been playing good football up to the point of playing us... They're major strength was our glaring weakness so I can't see the team looking past them from that stand point alone...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily believe in this perception.. I played sports all my life through JuCo and you literally prepared for one game at a time... We never looked "Past" a team we were preparing for... Coaches wouldn't let us... We'd look "Forward" to a specific team we wanted to play but we wouldn't look "past" a specific team were playing at the moment... Carolina had been playing good football up to the point of playing us... They're major strength was our glaring weakness so I can't see the team looking past them from that stand point alone...
Ah fair enough. Good take and comment.

In the competitive sports I played (golf, basketball, and yes video game FPS... it's competitive these days, you can earn millions doing it) I certainly looked past some lesser teams and was more 'relaxed' going into a matchup. Our coaches (in sports anyway, I was never THAT good at online video games but they do have coaches) never told us to look past them, but you as the player still had that relaxed feeling to not take it as seriously as the next game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah but we have KC after this :( and sadly that stupid tie that the Giants got with the Commanders could also be an issue.
And 2 games vs Jets and Rams. The way the NFC playoff picture looks, 8 wins might even been good enough. Tonight's game is important because they all are, but it's just not a must win game. Not when there are 3 more left and things are so murky.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 2 games vs Jets and Rams. The way the NFC playoff picture looks, 8 wins might even been good enough. Tonight's game is important because they all are, but it's just not a must win game. Not when there are 3 more left and things are so murky.
I dont see us winning any of those games if we cant get the run defense working. 200 yards rushing a game over the last 4 games and almost 1000 yards over the last 5, you arent going to win games doing that.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a must win game if we think we have a shot at winning our division because if we tie them they would win the tie breaker based on head to head with us..

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see us winning any of those games if we cant get the run defense working. 200 yards rushing a game over the last 4 games and almost 1000 yards over the last 5, you arent going to win games doing that.
Yeah, no kidding. I think we probably win 1 more game max.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a must win game if we think we have a shot at winning our division because if we tie them they would win the tie breaker based on head to head with us..
Yeah, I suppose it's also a must win game to keep the chances alive for an 11 win season.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crap Sangy= Crap Sandwich