• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers at Seahawks, Thursday Night Predictaball

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not 1 on 1 football at the QB position though. "Geno" has lost to backup QBs because our defense has been dogshit! And our defense is weak because we are lacking talent up front. As lousy as Denver has been this year, they beat SF! The reason they were able to do that is because their defense held up. Ours has been a liability since the 2nd AZ game.

While I can't defend the defense as they need to figure things out but for this 49ers game your QB absolutely cannot drop back 44x for 238 yards and the same goes for that carolina game dropping back 36x for 264 yards turning the ball over twice. The best QB they faced all season was Mahomes and he roasted them for over 400 yards and 3 Tds on 34 drop backs. Even Tua and Hill in the Miami game was torching them, looking at the rest of their schedule they haven't seem to face any elite offenses, so I am personally not about to crown the this super elite defense.

But going back to Geno it seems if this run game isn't moving the ball controlling the clock the offense seems to just run mediocre. I love the Geno story if our goal is to be a good team that can make the playoffs and at best win a playoff game which is what we were with RW then Geno is our guy but if we want to get to a super bowl you cannot expect it from Geno Smith.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can't defend the defense as they need to figure things out but for this 49ers game your QB absolutely cannot drop back 44x for 238 yards and the same goes for that carolina game dropping back 36x for 264 yards turning the ball over twice. The best QB they faced all season was Mahomes and he roasted them for over 400 yards and 3 Tds on 34 drop backs. Even Tua and Hill in the Miami game was torching them, looking at the rest of their schedule they haven't seem to face any elite offenses, so I am personally not about to crown the this super elite defense.

But going back to Geno it seems if this run game isn't moving the ball controlling the clock the offense seems to just run mediocre. I love the Geno story if our goal is to be a good team that can make the playoffs and at best win a playoff game which is what we were with RW then Geno is our guy but if we want to get to a super bowl you cannot expect it from Geno Smith.

Well, in defense of Geno no run game and sorry to say but the OL was dominated by San Fran. Now Lucas/Cross I get it... those guys are rookies - it takes some time to learn, but Bosa worked them both hard and Geno was having to get rid of the ball WAAAAY too fast. The interior of our OL sucks (and teams picked up on it... take away the edges of Seattle's run game because that's the only way Walker can see any daylight) and also needs to be addressed and can this fuckin' team for the love of God find a runningback that will stay healthy?

Geno played terribly against the Panthers but that's one of the few bad games he's had this year. And the Panthers have a good D. As for the Niners... you gotta get some help from the run game against them, Geno shouldn't be required to pass 40+ times... and he had to start passing more because we have no run game since Walker went out and the interior OL regressed (Lewis even looks worse and Blythe is horrible) and our defense just keeps getting pounded over and over and allowing long clock chewing drives.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in defense of Geno no run game and sorry to say but the OL was dominated by San Fran. Now Lucas/Cross I get it... those guys are rookies - it takes some time to learn, but Bosa worked them both hard and Geno was having to get rid of the ball WAAAAY too fast. The interior of our OL sucks (and teams picked up on it... take away the edges of Seattle's run game because that's the only way Walker can see any daylight) and also needs to be addressed and can this fuckin' team for the love of God find a runningback that will stay healthy?

Geno played terribly against the Panthers but that's one of the few bad games he's had this year. And the Panthers have a good D. As for the Niners... you gotta get some help from the run game against them, Geno shouldn't be required to pass 40+ times... and he had to start passing more because we have no run game since Walker went out and the interior OL regressed (Lewis even looks worse and Blythe is horrible) and our defense just keeps getting pounded over and over and allowing long clock chewing drives.

Well too me it boils down simple if we invested all this stock into surrounding the QB position do you believe Geno smith could go into a playoff game in a place like Philly or San Fran or even in the super bowl going against Mahomes or Allen? The 49ers have an all around stacked team but do you truly believe they can win the super bowl with brock purdy? Forget the stats and schemes for a moment do you think that Geno is our guy to win a super bowl?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well too me it boils down simple if we invested all this stock into surrounding the QB position do you believe Geno smith could go into a playoff game in a place like Philly or San Fran or even in the super bowl going against Mahomes or Allen? The 49ers have an all around stacked team but do you truly believe they can win the super bowl with brock purdy? Forget the stats and schemes for a moment do you think that Geno is our guy to win a super bowl?
throwing a rookie into a team with no run D and a weak interior OL is?

My confidence in Geno is shaken for sure, but I have no confidence in any of the QBs in this draft stepping in year 1 either. if we can get one later in round 1 or rounds 2-3 and he can sit for a few years, thats the ideal situation.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throwing a rookie into a team with no run D and a weak interior OL is?

My confidence in Geno is shaken for sure, but I have no confidence in any of the QBs in this draft stepping in year 1 either. if we can get one later in round 1 or rounds 2-3 and he can sit for a few years, thats the ideal situation.

Well my thing with Geno given his age I don't believe he will get better. I can't imagine Geno in 3 years at age 35 still running for 1st downs and darting throws around the field. We have a young team with a rookie RB, Rookie Tackles, DK still being young and a young defense we should think in having a young QB to complement the future. In 3 years the Rams will be in salary cap hell with no 1st round picks and their team is already falling apart. The goes with the Cardinals with Hopkins already old, Murray is supposed to be an athletic QB already recovering an ACL tear, they have no RB and Watt will retire.

The 49ers are set to be good for a long stretch. We may not know what their QB situation will be but their team overall is pretty young in their middle 20's and rolling with what would be 35 Geno would not excite me.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually my ideal thought would be to franchise tag Geno Smith and Draft a QB to sit behind him next year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually my ideal thought would be to franchise tag Geno Smith and Draft a QB to sit behind him next year.
I would prefer that as well but I don't see Geno accepting the tag...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer that as well but I don't see Geno accepting the tag...

I thought a franchise tag the player has to accept it? Or he would have to forgo the season salary and sit out like Laveon Bell?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought a franchise tag the player has to accept it? Or he would have to forgo the season salary and sit out like Laveon Bell?
If a Franchise tagged player doesn't play his contract roles over to the following season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone here is saying Geno is an elite QB like Mahomes who can take over a game or put a team on his back. But he hasn't been the problem or even close, even when the offense has struggled. Geno's play has been perfectly acceptable this season and probably well beyond just about any reasonable expectation.
How do you know that? I've seen plenty of QBs who didn't play as well as Geno has this year make the SB. How much better QB play can you realistically expect than what we've had this season? How much draft capital will we have to burn to get someone better...meanwhile, missing all sorts of opportunity to add talent to the defense? Geno hasn't been perfect by any means, but what room for improvement is there for a greenhorn like CJ Stroud if we blow our top pick on him in the spring? How many seasons will we churn through with him until he just gets to the level that Geno is at right now? We should be trying to understand why the run game has faltered lately and how to fix the defense, not worrying about what we need to do get a sliver of improvement at QB.

Geno isn't the problem. We need a DL and better interior OL.

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put this geno on the 2013 team, do we win the SB?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also to note... Is anyone else surprised like I am that Diggs made the pro bowl? It seems like he hasn't had that great of a year...

Reactions: MrS