• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers are having trouble selling tickets

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Seattle we originally had a superb owner as the Nordstrom's took ownership of our new team. They later sold it to Ken Behring, a RE developer from LA who promised John Nordstrom the team would stay in Seattle. Behring created a "losing system" of ownership and tanked the team. Yep, a lot of us stayed away in protest and the team was dismal with Tom Flores as HC. KB tried his best to move the team and that plan blew up in his face when the moving trucks arrived in LA with no facility willing to sign the team due to a rock solid lease that King County had with The Seahawks.
KB had to sell, Paul Allen bought the team and it did take a little time to gain the public's confidence after what was lost. Things are looking great now, all because of having an owner that is All In.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Santa Clara has both Target and Walmart... that counts for something right?

I remember going to a few games at the stick and while it was a dump, it was in SF. Stadiums located in Suburbia is only good for NFL teams if they're winning.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Santa Clara has both Target and Walmart... that counts for something right?

I remember going to a few games at the stick and while it was a dump, it was in SF. Stadiums located in Suburbia is only good for NFL teams if they're winning.

Yea Candlestick is located " inside San Francisco ". But it was located at the Southern edge of San Francisco. It was bordered by Bayviews Hunters Point, the Bay itself, and an industrial area and the City of Brisbane. Bayview/Hunters Point has been a ghetto as long as I can remember and no one would have a reason to venture into there. I wouldn't get near there after dark. The other area is just a bunch of warehouses and there is nothing in Brisbane. People just drove to Candlestick and left. The only public transportation in is Caltrain and the Muni bus and I definitely would never take the Muni bus there. Candlestick was isolated as far as SF was concerned. The majority of 49er fans live outside of SF many of whom live on the peninsula south to San Jose. It is just as easy a ride to Santa Clara as it is to Candlestick. And Santa Clara is better than Bayview Hunters Point anytime. the city of San Jose alone is home to one million people not including the neighboring towns which are all connected. It isn't the move down south that is the issue. And, there is no chance of a stadium ever being built anywhere in SF that would be in a desirable location.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dumbest thing they could have possibly done was build a stadium in Santa Clara. That is nowhere near San Francisco.

When I lived in the Bay Area, I used to attend a few games at the stick here and there even though I hated the team. The whole experience of going down to the warf grabbing some great street seafood and a few cold ones wrapped in a paper bag was an experience in its own right.

Santa Clara is not a football town by any means. The reason they can't sell tickets these days is because of where the team is located. They had a waiting list for season tickets througH some horrible years when they were at the stick.

They need to start hosing some high end wine tastings or start winning if they want to sell tickets in Sant Clara.

Yeah, they should a stayed at the stick, lot's of history there.. It's a shame they couldn't have just gotten that deal done and stayed in San Fran...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they should a stayed at the stick, lot's of history there.. It's a shame they couldn't have just gotten that deal done and stayed in San Fran...
Eddie D called the stadium a pigsty. It was a dump. They could have rebuilt there but SF has a history of being a difficult place to build stadiums. It took the SF Giants forever to finally get one built. The GS Warriors are attempting to build one now. They had to abandon the first site and found a second one but now have to fight a lawsuit and Nimbyism. And a football stadium is a much harder task then building the other two stadiums.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, they should have privatized the entire project. They HAD to know that the San Francisco public would want tax money to land anywher but a football stadium. The SF Giants ownership did it when the economy was in the crapper and bought up China Basin and did immediate and quality work to the stadium and its surrounding area, which helped to build public trust in the area.

York had the opportunity to go to Hunter's Point but he balked at the idea initially and lost out on an area that needed the facelift and economical boost that a stadium provides.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie D called the stadium a pigsty. It was a dump. They could have rebuilt there but SF has a history of being a difficult place to build stadiums. It took the SF Giants forever to finally get one built. The GS Warriors are attempting to build one now. They had to abandon the first site and found a second one but now have to fight a lawsuit and Nimbyism. And a football stadium is a much harder task then building the other two stadiums.

It didn't take long at all. The new ownership took over in 1993 and the stadium opened in 2000-2001 IIRC.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude eat a dick. The stadium sucks if you are sitting on the left hand side of the stadium you are roasting alive in the sun. The stick regularly sold out even during some really dark days, the ticket prices are ridiculous to watch a piss poor product and it is an hour away from San Francisco. You can support your team in multiple ways besides attending games in person otherwise what do you say to a fan who lives on the east coast but is a niner fan.

These are what we call excuses.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many other things to do in these places on a nice Sunday in Nov, Dec. I live in Florida, I watch the Eagles every week, but I feel really guilty staying in on such nice days.

To each their own but there is nothing going on Sunday except football IMO. Anything that needs doing is done by 1PM.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times did you go to Cowboys games last year? I hear you can score tickets cheap in that big stadium.
I'm a season ticket holder and attend every game if possible.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a team in Califorina stinks and the fans aren't buying tickets. This can't possibly shock anyone. It's exactly why no team should have moved to LA. It's not just Cali though, Florida is the same way. Front Runners/Bandwagoners.

Two of the 3 teams in Florida are located in areas that cant viably support an NFL team. Jacksonville while the state capitol, has one of the shittiest job markets in the state. Tampa.... well its Tampa.

Three teams in a state with no state income tax and an economy that revolves around tourism was a poor choice to place 3 NFL teams, 2 Baseball teams, 2 basketball teams and now we have a soccer team to boot. If not for NFL revenue sharing, the Bucs and Jags would have folded or moved years ago.