• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers are having trouble selling tickets

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a mixture of high ticket prices and the team being awful. I think people were more willing to go to games during down years at the Stick because they were used to it.

I live in the East Bay and it takes me about the same time to get to the new stadium as it did to get to the Stick (despite SF being much closer distance wise). I don't think the location is really that big an issue, it's just everything hitting at once. A NEW stadium is the issue I think, not where it is. A lot of fans associate everything with York right now (new stadium, high ticket prices, team being awful etc.)

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news.... The Rams were not blacked out last year!!!

But only because the NFL lifted the blackout rules in 2015.
So a team in Califorina stinks and the fans aren't buying tickets. This can't possibly shock anyone. It's exactly why no team should have moved to LA. It's not just Cali though, Florida is the same way. Front Runners/Bandwagoners.

Ummm... The Detroit lions have had 8 games blacked out since 2008 because they couldn't sell enough tickets. And only didn't get blacked out this last year because the NFL lifted the blackout rule for 2015.

NFL abolishes blackout rule, which had kept 8 Detroit Lions games off TV since 2008

On the other hand the niners have sold out every game since 1980, and that includes the Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan, and Mike Singletary years in which they didn't reach the playoffs once in 8 years.

But please.... go on. I think the lead in the water over there is causing some memory loss.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers struggled through years of the "wine and cheese fans" personal seat licenses made it hard for real fans to get tickets. a couple of bad years and the PSL's dropped to give-away prices.
Wine and cheese fans are the new 49er fans. If the real fans - and there are plenty in Santa Clara County - don't show up soon, it is going to get real ugly.....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Their problems are solved. They just drafted a QB in the 6th round.

Super Bowl.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their problems are solved. They just drafted a QB in the 6th round.

Super Bowl.

I was disappointed with their drafting decisions when it came to qb, ilb, olb. What did you think of the draft overall sickness?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was disappointed with their drafting decisions when it came to qb, ilb, olb. What did you think of the draft overall sickness?

Overall, I actually thought it was terrible; but QB notwithstanding, I thought it was great. They got 2 studs in the trenches (one who could be all-pro'-caliber or close to it), and I've been talking up Will Redmond all offseason. But the fact that they didn't get a QB until round 6 just shows how inept Baalke is. They're not going to win with Blaine Gabbert. And there's no reason they should have drafted 11 players. 11 players are not going to make the team. I'd be surprised if 6 players do. They should have traded up from their 5th-rounders into the 4th; Andrew Billings would've been a great NT.

Maybe Jeff Driskel turns out to be this hidden gem; who knows? But I seriously doubt it.

Also pissed the Rams & Cards did great. The Rams are going to be a force for years to come IMO. And the Cardinals got possibly the best defensive player in the draft. :mad2:

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I actually thought it was terrible; but QB notwithstanding, I thought it was great. They got 2 studs in the trenches (one who could be all-pro'-caliber or close to it), and I've been talking up Will Redmond all offseason. But the fact that they didn't get a QB until round 6 just shows how inept Baalke is. They're not going to win with Blaine Gabbert. And there's no reason they should have drafted 11 players. 11 players are not going to make the team. I'd be surprised if 6 players do.

Maybe Jeff Driskel turns out to be this hidden gem; who knows? But I seriously doubt it.

Also pissed the Rams & Cards did great. The Rams are going to be a force for years to come IMO. And the Cardinals got possibly the best defensive player in the draft. :mad2:

I honestly thought they would draft a qb in the third or fourth i was surprised they passed up cook. The cardinals are going to kill us if palmer stay's healty but i already saw that coming and the rams still have jeff fisher as a coach but the rams had a good draft. I also didn't understand drafting as many cbs as we did and passing on scooby in the 7th when we need ilb help. I hope baalke gets fired after this season but maybe next year's qb class will be better so their is that. When the jags and the browns draft better than you, you might want to do some soul searching as a franchise.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am calling BS right there. Your candlestick experience involved going to the wharf and eating clam chowder? The wharf is nowhere near candlestick park. With perfect traffic, which is never, the wharf is half an hour away. Santa Clara isn't a "football" town? You mean not like the big football town "Glendale, AZ" is? I have been to a 9er game in Glendale, and there were as many SF fans as AZ fans in that stadium.

Talk about a deflection.
You're calling BS? On What?
I have been to 5 or 6 niner games at Candlestick and did the same thing every time. The wharf was like 10 miles form Candlestick park. It is 50 miles from Santa Clara. Sounds like a load of BS to me. :L

And yes, Santa Clara is not a football town. Any other nonsense you want to bring up Mr. Sensitive?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Niners just drafted QB Jeff Driskel in the 6th round.

Problem solved.

:sigh:

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're my favorite team in the PAC 12.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana Stubblefield just got arrested for raping a retarded woman that was being interviewed for a baby sitting position. Stay Classy San Fran

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana Stubblefield’s lawyer declares his innocence
Posted by Mike Florio on May 3, 2016, 11:33 AM EDT
former-nfl-player-dana-stubblefield-jpg-e1462289479990.jpgGetty Images
The streak of criminal defense lawyers proclaiming the innocence of their clients continues, unblemished.

Kenneth Rosenfield, who represents former NFL defensive lineman Dana Stubblefied, says that the pending r*pe charge against Stubblefield is “a false and completely untrue allegation.”

This is nothing but a money grab, and an attempt to get money and take advantage of his celebrity status,” Rosenfield said, via NBC Bay Area.

Rosenfeld also said that Stubblefield has taken — and passed — a lie-detector test that will “clearly show” the interaction was consensual.

Although polygraph tests continue to be inadmissible in court, they can be effective in the court of public opinion.

Stubblefield is accused of raping a “developmentally delayed” female who had interviewed for a nanny job. The alleged assault occurred in April 2015.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're calling BS? On What?
I have been to 5 or 6 niner games at Candlestick and did the same thing every time. The wharf was like 10 miles form Candlestick park. It is 50 miles from Santa Clara. Sounds like a load of BS to me. :L

And yes, Santa Clara is not a football town. Any other nonsense you want to bring up Mr. Sensitive?

Its 30 minutes from the stadium in good traffic which is just about never. You know... because its on the opposite end of san francisco as candlestick was. You make it sound like after the game you strolled down to the wharf for a cup of chowder... as opposed to going to bum fucked egypt in santa clara that takes about 10 minutes longer to get to. You are full of shit. Also, Glendale is such a historic sports town, no wonder you attached to the cardinals... For the history and lore... :L

Meanwhile, according to you, Santa Clara where the the 49ers headquarters is located isn't a sports town with five lombardi trophy's residing there... I smell grape jelly.

Last edited:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I think people who this an issues of cities don't understand the area and fan base. Most of the fan base lives outside of SF and somewhere between the two parks. The old park was in a really lousy area. The issue is the huge spike in ticket prices coupled with the poor play and hatred towards mgmt right now.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its 30 minutes from the stadium in good traffic which is just about never. You know... because its on the opposite end of san francisco as candlestick was. You make it sound like after the game you strolled down to the wharf for a cup of chowder... as opposed to going to bum fucked egypt in santa clara that takes about 10 minutes longer to get to. You are full of shit. Also, Glendale is such a historic sports town, no wonder you attached to the cardinals... For the history and lore... :L

Meanwhile, according to you, Santa Clara where the the 49ers headquarters is located isn't a sports town with five lombardi trophy's residing there... I smell grape jelly.

I could respond to your continued nonsense about your interpretation of my experience going to 5 or 6 niner games, but whenever I argue with stupid people, they always seem to beat me with experience. So hats off to you for that.

I will say, keep living in the past with your Lombardi trophy's. Can you bring us some more fun facts about what that niners did over 20 years ago...

Your originality is astounding. In your next reply, try and find some issues with my grammar. That will really put me in my place.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I think people who this an issues of cities don't understand the area and fan base. Most of the fan base lives outside of SF and somewhere between the two parks. The old park was in a really lousy area. The issue is the huge spike in ticket prices coupled with the poor play and hatred towards mgmt right now.
I don't disagree with any of this.

I do still think the niners lost some of their historic allure with the move to Santa Clara. Candlestick had history. Some of my buddies who live in the bay area, have said their is definitely a different feel in Santa Clara. When you combine that with the front office, losing, etc. It leads to lack of ticket sales.

As we all know, winning cures everything.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with any of this.

I do still think the niners lost some of their historic allure with the move to Santa Clara. Candlestick had history. Some of my buddies who live in the bay area, have said their is definitely a different feel in Santa Clara. When you combine that with the front office, losing, etc. It leads to lack of ticket sales.

As we all know, winning cures everything.

No doubt Santa Clara is different. I think the problem is between the high ticket prices and PSLs, they lost a lot of the old time diehard fans, and were replaced by the dot.com corporate crowd.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Santa Clara is different. I think the problem is between the high ticket prices and PSLs, they lost a lot of the old time diehard fans, and were replaced by the dot.com corporate crowd.

Most stadiums are filled with "old diehard fans" Candlestick - not so much. Everybody went to games from all over the Bay Area - not just SF. This will happen again. Even the "dot com corporate types" like to get out and enjoy the game. When the PSL's die, football will be "back"

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most stadiums are filled with "old diehard fans" Candlestick - not so much. Everybody went to games from all over the Bay Area - not just SF. This will happen again. Even the "dot com corporate types" like to get out and enjoy the game. When the PSL's die, football will be "back"

I heard a lot of old time Stick diehards didn't want to renew season tix to the new stadium due to the high cost. Now I heard there is a lot of corporate entities buying up tix and giving them out to people for various reasons. Employee/customer type stuff. IDK, but I don't think its the same crowd anymore filling up the seats

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a lot of old time Stick diehards didn't want to renew season tix to the new stadium due to the high cost. Now I heard there is a lot of corporate entities buying up tix and giving them out to people for various reasons. Employee/customer type stuff. IDK, but I don't think its the same crowd anymore filling up the seats
I think your right, it would be like the Seahawks moving to Redmond/ Bellevue. You would end up with a different crowd of customers.