• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers are having trouble selling tickets

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious that if you live in San Francisco, you need to drive 50 miles to see the niners play.

Like I said before, it would be like the bengals building a stadium in Dayton, lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, it would be like the bengals building a stadium in Dayton, lol
Or the Giants and/or Jets playing in Jersey.

Or the Angels playing in Anaheim.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe when the league finally does the expansion they want so bad your friend can be a fan of the London Silly Nannies.

The Silly Nannies during "practice":lol:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metlife stadium is 50 miles away from NYC? :scratch:

You're an idiot. San Jose is bigger than SF and it straddles Santa Clara. It's one big urban sprawl and as far as proximity to fans goes Santa Clara is probably a better option.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot. San Jose is bigger than SF and it straddles Santa Clara. It's one big urban sprawl and as far as proximity to fans goes Santa Clara is probably a better option.

Eat shit, no one asked you

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of the 3 teams in Florida are located in areas that cant viably support an NFL team. Jacksonville while the state capitol, has one of the shittiest job markets in the state. Tampa.... well its Tampa.

Three teams in a state with no state income tax and an economy that revolves around tourism was a poor choice to place 3 NFL teams, 2 Baseball teams, 2 basketball teams and now we have a soccer team to boot. If not for NFL revenue sharing, the Bucs and Jags would have folded or moved years ago.

OK, Tallahassee is the state capital. If you don't even know that, what do you know of the job market in Jacksonville? Tampa is the #18 metro area, plenty big enough to support an NFL team and we do when they are winning. Either way, I know fans here suck, I'm not sure what this has to do with fans in California.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Niner fans jumping ship?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as trust fund douche York and general moron Baalke control that team, the 49ers will forever be crap. RIP SF... of Santa Monica? Clara? Whatever, who cares.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Niner fans jumping ship?
Maybe, but IDK perhaps it's just old Raider fans getting back on board now that the Raiders are looking up. The 49ers are asking for top notch pricing on piss poor quality, so no surprise that fans are staying away.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When 9er fans get upset about shit we just go to Alcatraz and sit in a cell for a month or so.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly fell from grace. Was a time they where talked about as a possible dynasty this decade, they certainly fell from that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When 9er fans get upset about shit we just go to Alcatraz and sit in a cell for a month or so.

A lot of 49er fans are also GSW Warrior and SF Giants fans. Not much to complain about. If anything, we've had it pretty good the past few years.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly fell from grace. Was a time they where talked about as a possible dynasty this decade, they certainly fell from that.

Never bought into that talk. Not in football. So few teams. I don't count on anything beyond two to three years.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fan dissatisfaction is higher than usual because unlike most bad ownership who are blind squirrels that never find the nut, York actually found the nut (metaphorically and oddly enough literally).

Right or wrong the perception is that York and Baalke were the ones that ran Harbaugh out of town because they couldn't get along which is enough to anger the fanbase but then to follow that up with Tomsula was just pouring gasoline on an already raging fire.

Even bad teams have some bright spots and some things that make them worth watching but last season's 49ers was one of the least enjoyable teams I've watched. It's just that special kind of bad that you know stems from gross incompetence and just leaves a bad taste in your mouth watching it.

I would anticipate the ticket prices recovering a bit once the season gets going because at the very least Kelly should have a productive offense which will make them at least somewhat watchable. But watching an offensive drives go 3 and out 90% of the time, get one 1st down 8%, and 2% of the time have a scoring drive is a tough sell for a soulless stadium where you might need a loan to take a family of 4 to go.

On the one hand I understand the "stick with the team through good and bad times" but on the other hand the only way you force bad ownership to make changes or sell is hit their ego but mainly hit their wallet. By not showing up to games you hit both which puts the pressure of them to get it right or get out of the way.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of 49er fans are also GSW Warrior and SF Giants fans. Not much to complain about. If anything, we've had it pretty good the past few years.
True and my other teams are the same but my main passion is football so I see a dim light on the 9ers for a while to come.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dumbest thing they could have possibly done was build a stadium in Santa Clara. That is nowhere near San Francisco.

When I lived in the Bay Area, I used to attend a few games at the stick here and there even though I hated the team. The whole experience of going down to the warf grabbing some great street seafood and a few cold ones wrapped in a paper bag was an experience in its own right.

Santa Clara is not a football town by any means. The reason they can't sell tickets these days is because of where the team is located. They had a waiting list for season tickets througH some horrible years when they were at the stick.

They need to start hosing some high end wine tastings or start winning if they want to sell tickets in Sant Clara.

I am calling BS right there. Your candlestick experience involved going to the wharf and eating clam chowder? The wharf is nowhere near candlestick park. With perfect traffic, which is never, the wharf is half an hour away. Santa Clara isn't a "football" town? You mean not like the big football town "Glendale, AZ" is? I have been to a 9er game in Glendale, and there were as many SF fans as AZ fans in that stadium.

Talk about a deflection.