• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

46n2's Conference Projections (5/18/2012)

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vt to the big12 would suck sweaty dusty Texan balls...literally. With them obviously being top choice for the sec and in the hunt if the b1g, I'd be shocked if they joined up prematurely with the big12 .. But I don't see them being one of the first and according to 46, the powers that be at vt prefer, all round, the B1g .. But there is zero reason for them to join the big12 over the sec. If they did, it would be more out of unfounded desperation. I'm sure they're talking to all 3 conferences in some capacity. Few other universities have as many options as it appears vt does (Notre dame) .. Good to be the king of DC bitches!

Pretty obvious that Notre dame or fsu or both will be the next domino(s) to fall

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vt to the big12 would suck sweaty dusty Texan balls...literally. With them obviously being top choice for the sec and in the hunt if the b1g, I'd be shocked if they joined up prematurely with the big12 .. But I don't see them being one of the first and according to 46, the powers that be at vt prefer, all round, the B1g .. But there is zero reason for them to join the big12 over the sec. If they did, it would be more out of unfounded desperation. I'm sure they're talking to all 3 conferences in some capacity. Few other universities have as many options as it appears vt does (Notre dame) .. Good to be the king of DC bitches!

Pretty obvious that Notre dame or fsu or both will be the next domino(s) to fall

it depends on who else comes bet you wouldnt hate it if the big 12 jumps up to 16 with fsu,clemson,gt,vt,nd and pitt/louisville/miami

the eastern division would be all those listed plus wvu & iowa st
then you get games with texas/ou when scheduled or the ccg
and the money would be huge for that league,but you can go play mich,osu,nebraska,wisky but after those schools it gets a little lite imo

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
051812-CFB-HEAVY-HANDED-OB-PI_20120519005301804_660_320.JPG

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got word that FSU is going to agree to terms with the Big 12 on membership. They may be announced alone or with another eastern team in tandem. Going to 12 with FSU and another will bump the contract to close to 24 million per team including Big12 championship game revenue-but not including new bowl with SEC(that could be worth as much as $3 million per team), or Tier 3 rights which FSU will control. FSU is not getting Miami in, Miami does not have the votes to get in. They are promising FSU games with TX and OK every year. Dodds is open to 14 now because of the SEC alliance we are forging. unless someone like ARK or ND can be turned then 14 is probably as high as we go. FSU will pay $7 million to get out of the ACC because we will pick up the tab for $10 mill and loan FSU the other 3.
So what is the hold-up on Clemson now?...the B12 now has a lot more options to consider. The word is that the SEC wants to stay at 14 for a few years and see how it works out before expanding again. VT and a few others in the ACC are getting nervous. VT is now in the picture for the B12(as is Pitt, MD, and others) and it seems a school from the ACC has contacted the B1G---and the B1G is listening.
I know that nothing is signed yet, but they have a verbal agreement on these terms and it is in the process of becoming legally binding.
The ACC is dead as a football conference

read this on the shag.......who is coming with fsu/clemson

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think the part about playing texas/ou every true will end up true...why would they put all 3 of those teams in the same division.....

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big_12_map_2011-10-29.png

Good grief! What are these ACC schools getting themselves into? Nothing like traveling through 3 or 4 SEC states in order to get to a Big12 road game.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big_12_map_2011-10-29.png

Good grief! What are these ACC schools getting themselves into? Nothing like traveling through 3 or 4 SEC states in order to get to a Big12 road game.

Ames is a lot further west than that.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami to Pitt is a pretty long ways too, through a few SEC states.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blacksburg to norman 17 hours

blacksburg to miami 15 hours

blacksburg to lincoln 17 hours

anyway you go there will be far games,and if you come there will be other acc teams coming with you .....and like stated multiple times its cheaper to fly than drive

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blacksburg to norman 17 hours

blacksburg to miami 15 hours

blacksburg to lincoln 17 hours

anyway you go there will be far games,and if you come there will be other acc teams coming with you .....and like stated multiple times its cheaper to fly than drive

In VT's case, Miami and BC are the only major flights, but Boston and Miami are also major airports, so the flights usually go smoothly. Maryland, UVA, Duke, UNC, Wake, NCSU, and Clemson are all an easy bus trips for most Hokie fans. Pitt and GT aren't overly far either. It will suck not having the luxury of driving to most of VT's road games anymore.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but thats just the way it goes these days.....if you go big/big12 you will have to fly....unless you wanna drive for a day...and its not like (football) will be make six trips to big 12 country yearly,probably only like 3 then you will have your other games against fsu,wvu,clemson,nd???

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference Projections, 5/18/2012

These are my projections based on the four conference system:

B1G
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Nebraska
Indiana
Northwestern
Iowa
Illinois
Purdue
Minnesota
Notre Dame (90%)
Virginia Tech (60%)
Georgia Tech (60%)
Pittsburgh (30%)

SEC
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Arkansas
aTm
South Carolina
Florida
Tennessee
Georgia
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Missouri
NC State (50%)
Rutgers (20%)

Big XII
Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
West Virginia
Florida State (60%)
Clemson (60%)
Virginia (20%)
UNC (20%)
Louisville (50%)
Cincinnati (30%)

Pac 12
Cal
USC
UCLA
Stanford
Arizona
Arizona St.
Oregon
Oregon St.
Washington
Washington St.
Utah
Colorado
Boise St. (20%)
BYU (20%)
San Diego St. (10%)
Air Force (10%)

I keep hearing reasons why VT won't end up in the B1G. Hard to believe UVA, UNC, and Maryland would be more desirable. I am almost getting the feeling it is SEC or die for VT.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you have Air Force at only 10% for the PAC but since they have already said they would not consider the Big XII why would they consider the PAC? I have to believe they'll stay right where they are.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have spoke to 3 different friends who are alumni of Ohio State (2) and Wisconsin and they all point to the AAU membership "requirement" as the main reason VT may miss out. They also don't believe VT necessarily brings a big TV market since VT is in southwest VA.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have spoke to 3 different friends who are alumni of Ohio State (2) and Wisconsin and they all point to the AAU membership "requirement" as the main reason VT may miss out. They also don't believe VT necessarily brings a big TV market since VT is in southwest VA.

They are wrong on the market. VT brings in the DC market even more than Maryland does. If VT joined, all cable and satellite providers in DC would add the BTN.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like your alum friends are just taking the popularized angle HoHum, to be honest. I've heard a lot about VT's academics getting more and more praise. I think they'd be in a similar position as Nebraska. Nebraska just lost the AAU status right after they joined the B1G. The B1G wanted them for football...and expect them to become AAU again fairly soon.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

meh....

VaTech has the ability to attain that membership. I believe they are ranked equally with IU in terms of Public schools and well ahead of Nebraska.

Nebraska doesn't have the membership anymore so they ruined that party.

ND,BC and Syracuse are all examples of schools who are not part of the AAU as well.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that ND ends up in the Big XII.

Given a choice of the 4 conferences that's where they would want to be.