• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

46n2's Conference Projections (5/18/2012)

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can actually understand why.

Annnd I don't really want them anyway.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can actually understand why.

Annnd I don't really want them anyway.

They know they would be worthless.

I don't want them either. If you think about it they really add nothing outside of extra cash.

Give me some of those quasi southern school teams.

I'll take GIT,VaTech,Rutgers and some other school and call it a day.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They know they would be worthless.

I don't want them either. If you think about it they really add nothing outside of extra cash.

Give me some of those quasi southern school teams.

I'll take GIT,VaTech,Rutgers and some other school and call it a day.

VT and GT = Yes
Rutgers= No

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on and off the fence with Rutgers. The NYC market may be the lowest %, but it's still the biggest single market based on cfb ratings? If Rutgers is in the greater NYC metro, they may be enough of an excuse to pull NYC as a region. Plus it solidifies Jersey as a whole, including West Jersey near Philly. If Notre Dame isn't coming, Rutgers may be important to us in order to cut them off from the East Coast. Pair them with VT, and it isn't a bad grab.

One school that we don't talk about for the B1G anymore that I would like paired with VT.... North Carolina. That's two states for coverage plus DC Metro. Unfortunately I think that means Duke, and I don't think that's going to happen.

I wish I would have bookmarked where I laid everything out in academics by endowments and research rankings. Rutgers wasn't too bad, but overall I think that the B1G would be far more interested in Pitt and VT, each for different reasons.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on and off the fence with Rutgers. The NYC market may be the lowest %, but it's still the biggest single market based on cfb ratings? If Rutgers is in the greater NYC metro, they may be enough of an excuse to pull NYC as a region. Plus it solidifies Jersey as a whole, including West Jersey near Philly. If Notre Dame isn't coming, Rutgers may be important to us in order to cut them off from the East Coast. Pair them with VT, and it isn't a bad grab.

One school that we don't talk about for the B1G anymore that I would like paired with VT.... North Carolina. That's two states for coverage plus DC Metro. Unfortunately I think that means Duke, and I don't think that's going to happen.

I wish I would have bookmarked where I laid everything out in academics by endowments and research rankings. Rutgers wasn't too bad, but overall I think that the B1G would be far more interested in Pitt and VT, each for different reasons.

Easy access to that New Jersey talent could come in handy.

They could play some games at the Meadowlands or expand their stadium.

Pitt doesn't add anything except for a really,really good school(and an easy roadtrip and game). And those can be had elsewhere.

North Carolina without Duke would be a awesome. Unfortunately it's not going to happen.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i know is....as of right now i have a lot of faith in the big 12 pulling a homerun...fsu/clemson/nd/gt/vt/pitt(louisville maybe)...and being the 1st to 16....might stop at 14 if its fsu/clemson/nd/vt..then let gt go to big

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i know is....as of right now i have a lot of faith in the big 12 pulling a homerun...fsu/clemson/nd/gt/vt/pitt(louisville maybe)...and being the 1st to 16....might stop at 14 if its fsu/clemson/nd/vt..then let gt go to big

Just out of curiosity, why clemson over GT?

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you are wrong and that the B1G gets some of those.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what about this? If the B1G can draw VT and GT...

Why don't WE go after FSU and Clemson? FSU is dangerous because of their..uh..cheating history? But we work our way down the east coast. Grab Rutgers for good measure and whatever shot we have at pulling NYC into the B1G region.

If we have to go 4 more....why not try to pull in more of the East Coast with NC and Duke...then who knows.

Then...we're really not regional anymore.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why don't WE go after FSU and Clemson? FSU is dangerous because of their..uh..cheating history? But we work our way down the east coast. Grab Rutgers for good measure and whatever shot we have at pulling NYC into the B1G region.

If we have to go 4 more....why not try to pull in more of the East Coast with NC and Duke...then who knows.

They have considered FSU, not Clemson but I think they have conceded that one away. I think the best bet is ND, VT/GT and one of Pitt, Rutgers, UVA, Cinci (ugh), or UMD

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have considered FSU, not Clemson but I think they have conceded that one away. I think the best bet is ND, VT/GT and one of Pitt, Rutgers, UVA, Cinci (ugh), or UMD

Any responses to your emails?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god no not Cinci....Louisville would be so much better.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any responses to your emails?

Yeah, nobody knows shit other than what I have already said. VT has received a lot of calls and have made some calls of their own. Al the calls have been between teams as calls between a team and another conference would be a breach of contract.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pod 1---texas,baylor,tcu,tech
pod 2---ou,osu,ku,ksu
pod 3---nd,isu,pitt,wvu
pod 4--vt,fsu,clem,gt

go to a 10 game conference schedule(superconferences you wont need many ooc games) 3 games in your pod then 2 teams from each pod on a rotation....and one permanent rival......watch the money rain in and everyone plays each other oftenand you dont get that nonsense where you dont play someone in your conference for 6 years

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm confused. You are saying VT, GT, FSU, Clemson, Rutgers, NC, and Duke. That's seven more teams. Are you saying to go past 16 teams?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Alvarez talking? Or are they not being that specific?