• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

46n2's Conference Projections (5/18/2012)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Word on SEC blogs is that the SEC is in talks with VT despite Beamer's protest.

That's interesting because Beamer wasn't the one against it, ha ha!

As much pull as Beamer has in the AD/Presidents office (more than most coaches across the country) I dont think he'd get a whole lot of say in this one. You are talking about a possible move that will drastically effect not only the football/sports teams but the University as a whole for (what looks like) a long time to come.

FWIW it seems like if things shake out to 4conf w/ 16 teams realignment will be over for a couple of decades at least. :noidea:

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I can't see Va Tech in the SEC, but as I stated on another thread... if Va Tech comes to Big Ten, won't that cause Virg to want to piggy back with them?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are the projections of the big 12 going BIG...heard some rumblings of going for a kill shot...fsu,clemson,vt and gt/pitt/nd to get to 14 or all and jump to 16....

just speculation of course right now,but with all the stuff going on right now ...who knows

Nobody is scared of anyone :L. This is a big move and it is nice to have options.

come on 46 tell me :D

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big12 would be smart to have an eastern contingent: VT, GT, FSU, Louisville, Clemson, WV, etc.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I can't see Va Tech in the SEC, but as I stated on another thread... if Va Tech comes to Big Ten, won't that cause Virg to want to piggy back with them?

VT and Virginia have only been in the same conference since 2004 so only for about 8 years so I wouldnt think that they necessarily would be paired together

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your FANTASY realignment predictions went off the rails the minute you seriously posted Rutgers to the SEC. It is now apparently obvious that you are well equipped with vpi homer googles and possess some snooty hatred for the SEC as a whole.

I can give you a possible vpi move to the big10 in your fantasy but beyond that there is so much wrong with what you believe that it makes me question your realignment posts and sources in their entirety.

It is widely assumed that the SEC would covet UNC and even UVA should they want to move. And you think they are going to follow fsu and clemson in some folly to join a southwest conference when they could accomplish all the same gains and stay in the southeast? Highly doubtful.

People overestimate rutgers as some miracle deliverer of the nyc market. Nothing could be farther from the truth. NYC is essential a pro town at its core and even the most popular regional college football teams (cuse and psu) would be hard pressed to push any significant numbers in this market. And most importantly of all, the SEC doesnt even need to worry about nyc to be successful.

And the four teams that you think the pac12 will take in is just laughable. As someone already said there is no reason they have to add any of those teams. They all do nothing for the pac12 wether it be for football only or not.

Im sure there will be some realignment yet to come and i hope your team lands somewhere that pleases you, but this prediction as whole is farfetched.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably not, if these teams were added to the Pac, then it would probably be football only, seeing that they already have Boise State for Wrestling it makes sense for them to do so.

In other words they're willing to add teams for a single sport.

that would make the following mid-majors in the PAC: Utah, BSU, AF, BYU and SDSU.

Utah was already shown that competing week in and week out is tougher than they thought. Even with such an easy schedule as to miss Stanford and Oregon last year.

Mid-majors won't bring anything to the PAC.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your FANTASY realignment predictions went off the rails the minute you seriously posted Rutgers to the SEC. It is now apparently obvious that you are well equipped with vpi homer googles and possess some snooty hatred for the SEC as a whole.

I can give you a possible vpi move to the big10 in your fantasy but beyond that there is so much wrong with what you believe that it makes me question your realignment posts and sources in their entirety.

It is widely assumed that the SEC would covet UNC and even UVA should they want to move. And you think they are going to follow fsu and clemson in some folly to join a southwest conference when they could accomplish all the same gains and stay in the southeast? Highly doubtful.

People overestimate rutgers as some miracle deliverer of the nyc market. Nothing could be farther from the truth. NYC is essential a pro town at its core and even the most popular regional college football teams (cuse and psu) would be hard pressed to push any significant numbers in this market. And most importantly of all, the SEC doesnt even need to worry about nyc to be successful.

And the four teams that you think the pac12 will take in is just laughable. As someone already said there is no reason they have to add any of those teams. They all do nothing for the pac12 wether it be for football only or not.

Im sure there will be some realignment yet to come and i hope your team lands somewhere that pleases you, but this prediction as whole is farfetched.

You missed, like.....all of my disclaimers but whatever.

They are predictions, relax.....