• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy has to show up in game 6 possessed and the rest of the crew has to hit open shots on the wings. D Rose kept us in the game for awhile, but that was awful..

And again, Thibs has his 3-4 guard line up in at the end of the game? Why the fuck is Heinrich on the floor? Mirotic can keep an eye on JR Smith and help rebound.

Lebron played a helluva game. Cavs are playing well on both sides of the ball.

Mirotic cant guard JR. Hinrich at least can stay in front of JR. The thing will JR is it doesnt matter if you are in his face or not when he is knocking down shots.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is just getting started in these playoffs...hopefully haha

The scary thing is that you could be right. I don't think he can put together those kinds of games for an entire series anymore (getting older and lots of miles on him), but he can definitely do it enough to tilt a series against just about anyone to the Cavs favor.

I don't like it, but it's the truth.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was due for one of those. Bulls better hope he got it out of his system.

Lebron was tough. Jimmy didn't have his A game at all unfortunately. I was impressed with Lebron's play besides the last 6 mintues or so when he went into jump shot mode. Cleveland is a lot deeper than people give them credit for. Tristin has turned into the Worm as far as rebounding and Mosgov is a pretty good player. Kyrie kind of cracks me up though - I know he doesn't see the ball during stretches, but when he gets burnt by Rose he acts hurt.. Then comes down later and sprints to get to the hole. Just too much acting by ALL teams and flopping. I'm glad the refs let them play a bit more, cuz the NBA is starting to look like soccer with the flops and players yelling they got fouled with their hands in the air.

The Bulls really have killed themselves with these droughts of scoring ZERO for minutes upon minutes. Rose or Jimmy have got to go to the hole and get a bucket or get to the line to stop that momentum by Cleveland. Jordan did that so well. I wish these kids would pull out some old tape and watch how he did it.

It ain't over yet. But it ain't lookin good either. We MUST come out with a lot of energy next game like our backs our against the wall & make some dam shots. Our defense has to get better as well - game 5 was pathetic. If not, it's over in 6 and Thibs is gone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was tough. Jimmy didn't have his A game at all unfortunately. I was impressed with Lebron's play besides the last 6 mintues or so when he went into jump shot mode. Cleveland is a lot deeper than people give them credit for. Tristin has turned into the Worm as far as rebounding and Mosgov is a pretty good player. Kyrie kind of cracks me up though - I know he doesn't see the ball during stretches, but when he gets burnt by Rose he acts hurt.. Then comes down later and sprints to get to the hole. Just too much acting by ALL teams and flopping. I'm glad the refs let them play a bit more, cuz the NBA is starting to look like soccer with the flops and players yelling they got fouled with their hands in the air.

The Bulls really have killed themselves with these droughts of scoring ZERO for minutes upon minutes. Rose or Jimmy have got to go to the hole and get a bucket or get to the line to stop that momentum by Cleveland. Jordan did that so well. I wish these kids would pull out some old tape and watch how he did it.

It ain't over yet. But it ain't lookin good either. We MUST come out with a lot of energy next game like our backs our against the wall & make some dam shots. If not, it's over in 6 and Thibs is gone.

100% agree.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mirotic cant guard JR. Hinrich at least can stay in front of JR. The thing will JR is it doesnt matter if you are in his face or not when he is knocking down shots.

You don't have to guard JR Smith, you just have to stay in front of him. Mirotic is 6'10. And JR rarely goes to the hole.

If Heinrich is checking JR, then Mirotic can keep an eye on him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, you can't have Dunleavy, Heinrich, Rose, and Jimmy all on the floor with 2 minutes to go and think you will get a rebound.

Somehow we cut it to 2 points and Cleveland got that offensive rebound that sealed it. We didn't deserve to win, but we needed a bigger line up on the floor.

I wish Thibs would go to a big line up, keep pounding it inside and make other teams adjust.

Rose
Jimmy
Mirotic is athletic enough to play the 3
Gasol/Taj
Noah

That's a huge line up. But Thibs likes mostly guards at crunchtime I guess..? Another thing, Cleveland doesn't have anyone behind Mosgov and Tristin besides Perkins and he's no threat to do anything but foul.. So if your gameplan is going to the paint, you will also get those guys in foul trouble.. Then what?

Can't win on jumpshots and average D in the playoffs.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, you can't have Dunleavy, Heinrich, Rose, and Jimmy all on the floor with 2 minutes to go and think you will get a rebound.

Somehow we cut it to 2 points and Cleveland got that offensive rebound that sealed it. We didn't deserve to win, but we needed a bigger line up on the floor.

I wish Thibs would go to a big line up, keep pounding it inside and make other teams adjust.

Rose
Jimmy
Mirotic is athletic enough to play the 3
Gasol/Taj
Noah

That's a huge line up. But Thibs likes mostly guards at crunchtime I guess..? Another thing, Cleveland doesn't have anyone behind Mosgov and Tristin besides Perkins and he's no threat to do anything but foul.. So if your gameplan is going to the paint, you will also get those guys in foul trouble.. Then what?

Can't win on jumpshots and average D in the playoffs.

no thank you. too soft and has been the worst player in this series for the bulls. he had a solid +/- of -23 last night

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no thank you. too soft and has been the worst player in this series for the bulls. he had a solid +/- of -23 last night

Give him some consistent clock and maybe then? It's not easy to find a rhythm - I haven't been a big fan of Thibs rotations at all. Mirotic owned the 4th quarter when Rose was out this season.

Noah has been by far the worst player in this series on offense, he's lucky some of those shots didn't break the dam backboard.

You just can't have a 4 guard offense in the game with 2 minutes to go. :L Maybe it helped you get back in it while they were sleeping and pulling up for jumpers, but you saw what happened when it got close. Lebron went to the hole and finished over some smaller dudes.

That shot from half court by Mirotic was sick. They guy has some talent - give him some clock!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It ain't over yet. But it ain't lookin good either. We MUST come out with a lot of energy next game like our backs our against the wall & make some dam shots. Our defense has to get better as well - game 5 was pathetic. If not, it's over in 6 and Thibs is gone.

It is far from over. I think the Bulls have one of or best roster in the NBA it is just utilizing the players and lineups in the best way. Imagine Phil coaching this team. I think part of the reason is facing Lebron every year, it just sucks but I'm not complaining lol.

Also, Dellevadova has really stepped it up and has been huge. He is a scrappy defender and can knock down shots. Shump and JR have really shown the type of players they truly can be and Shump is still young. He has huge upside.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - we used this huge line up some at Golden St and made them shoot over what seemed to be giants all over the floor. GS couldn't do much inside and didn't shoot well at all. But of course, I haven't seen it since.

Rose
Snell
Mirotic at the 3
Noah
Gasol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont want a Game 7 with Rose and Butler and that defense.

Lebron better get in his mode in Game 6, bc I would hate to go to a Game 7.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is far from over. I think the Bulls have one of or best roster in the NBA it is just utilizing the players and lineups in the best way. Imagine Phil coaching this team. I think part of the reason is facing Lebron every year, it just sucks but I'm not complaining lol.

Also, Dellevadova has really stepped it up and has been huge. He is a scrappy defender and can knock down shots. Shump and JR have really shown the type of players they truly can be and Shump is still young. He has huge upside.

C Web just couldn't spit out Dellevadova most of last night. :lol: He's not a bad commentator.. Not great and he's no Marv or the Czar, but he's better than Bill Walton calling a game high on life.

Yeah Dellevadova can really pass the ball and he runs that pick an roll with Tristin for an alley-oop very well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C Web just couldn't spit out Dellevadova most of last night. :lol: He's not a bad commentator.. Not great and he's no Marv or the Czar, but he's better than Bill Walton calling a game high on life.

Yeah Dellevadova can really pass the ball and he runs that pick an roll with Tristin for an alley-oop very well.

C Webb just rambles on too much and exaggerates a lot, but yes just a little better than Walton :laugh3:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him some consistent clock and maybe then? It's not easy to find a rhythm - I haven't been a big fan of Thibs rotations at all. Mirotic owned the 4th quarter when Rose was out this season.

Noah has been by far the worst player in this series on offense, he's lucky some of those shots didn't break the dam backboard.

You just can't have a 4 guard offense in the game with 2 minutes to go. :L Maybe it helped you get back in it while they were sleeping and pulling up for jumpers, but you saw what happened when it got close. Lebron went to the hole and finished over some smaller dudes.

That shot from half court by Mirotic was sick. They guy has some talent - give him some clock!

noah at least brings something to the table. he plays decent defense and has been great on the glass. niko shouldn't touch the floor. he does nothing well. awful defender, doesn't rebound, shoots 30% from 3 for the yr. his shot selection is awful. he had a nice run late in the regular season but he still isn't good enough to get minutes in this series. if refs don't give him the benefit of the doubt on his brutal flopping he turns the ball over. Id rather mohammed on the floor because he is a big body who knows his role. leave a seat next to niko open for hinrich too

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Bulls give up or will they fight. Back to back games where refs really screwed up is hard to over come but I think this bulls team can do it. (Im not saying they would of won yesterday but it really turned the game around). game before NBA even admitted they screwed up and it should of been a Tech on Blatt and would of been a free throw and ball for Bulls. Rose hurting his wrist was not a good thing. He missed every shot after the injury.

Rebound and play D and have an up tempo offense and we should be ok. I just don't know if we can win back to back games. Lets Hope gasol plays.

Overall if it does end the Positive is Thibs would be gone. Im ready to move on from him. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for what he has done but he has issues in the playoffs making decisions and setting up plays and rotations. Time to move on.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 4 the Bulls get three 50/50 block/charge calls against LeBron to go their way... and a swallowed whistle on Noah's mugging of James in the final seconds.

Game 5 they have double the FT attempts until the end when they have to foul intentionally plus a missed travel on Rose that led to a Butler 3 and cut it to a 1-possession game.

Just to name a few of the critical calls.

I'm not saying that its been one-sided in favor of the Bulls. Cavs have Blatt's timeout, the questionable ejection of Gibson, and I'm sure a few others.

But to say that the refs cost the Bulls Game 4 and 5 is ludicrous.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the bulls are dictating the slow half court pace when their transition offense is better, but they are also allowing the cavs to dictate the personnel. The cavs cannot stay big with the bulls, but Thibbs is more concerned about matching up defensively. You cannot trade post baskets for three pointers for long before you are down by 10 again. One or two Mirotic out of position defensive plays gets him benched, while if Derrick or Noah miss a switch they point at someone else. Its time to look at who our mismatches are offensively and live with a bad defensive play if you are able to answer. Pulling Mirotic should not have been the answer if he lost his confidence to shoot. Snell needs to get on JR Smith when he goes off, help on Irving.

Jimmy was hurt by those two fouls in the first, that allowed LeBron to go off. Nobody else in red can guard him. Derrick was hurt but continued to think he was the best option. That layup floater lebron blocked, Jimmy was trailer and should have gotten that pass for a dunk or a foul. The secondary screens that free up Dunleavy and Mirotic for threes are all lazy now, its all a better screen for Derrick.

The game was one sided, but somehow, with a minute left, the bulls were down by two.

Playing offensively in desperation mode the entire game sounds like the answer. If they are up by 10 they need to play like they are down by 10.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Bulls give up or will they fight. Back to back games where refs really screwed up is hard to over come but I think this bulls team can do it. (Im not saying they would of won yesterday but it really turned the game around). game before NBA even admitted they screwed up and it should of been a Tech on Blatt and would of been a free throw and ball for Bulls. Rose hurting his wrist was not a good thing. He missed every shot after the injury.

Rebound and play D and have an up tempo offense and we should be ok. I just don't know if we can win back to back games. Lets Hope gasol plays.

Overall if it does end the Positive is Thibs would be gone. Im ready to move on from him. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for what he has done but he has issues in the playoffs making decisions and setting up plays and rotations. Time to move on.

Excuses. Dont get in a 17 point hole first off. It didnt turn anything around. They still had a double digit lead. Cleveland still had all momentum