• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G1- 5/4 @ Cleveland- 7 PM
G2- 5/6 @ Cleveland- 7 PM
G3- 5/8 @ Chicago
G4- 5/10 @Chicago
G5- 5/12 @ Cleveland
G6- 5/14 @ Chicago
G7- 5/17 VS Cleveland

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About a week off for the Cavs. Should be a good one

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it's the 2nd round, gonna start sticking these series threads.

Oh, and Bulls in 6.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the bulls team I been waiting for.

Bulls in 6. Bulls win game 1. If not they might be in a little trouble. So excited about this series.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 6 or less

Lebron dominates the Bulls like he always does...a lot of crying about refs and fouls as lebron moves onto the ecf

Happens every series with lebron

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the series that everyone has anticipated since October. The two most talented teams in the East.

This is Chicago's shot. Everyone is healthy for the Bulls. This Cavs team will not be more vulnerable for years to come (unless of course LeBron or Kyrie sustain major injuries). The pressure has shifted from the Cavs as the favorites to Chicago who is seen as HAVING to get it done this year or it might never happen.

Besides a few games here or there, LeBron really has not put the pedal to the medal this season. Sure- there have been games where he wanted to send a message like the Golden State, the San Antonio game that was the best game of the entire regular season, the last Bulls game that clinched the 2 seed....

LeBron never played less games in his career, and never played fewer minutes per game. He will have gotten over a week off before the series starts on Monday.

He will be well rested.

This is the time where LeBron has to up his game to that next level that he has done so many times before.

Chicago is going to be desperate to win this series. Another loss at the hands of LeBron when the situation has played out so well for them would be devastating.

Kyrie is going to have to play the best basketball of his career. He is going to need to have his outside shots falling. He needs to be the guy who has risen to he occasion every time there has been a new situation put in front of him. Its asking a lot of him at the age of 23 and in his first playoffs to be the 2nd best player on the court but its what the Cavs are going to need to win this series.

Iman Shumpert is going to have to do what he was brought here to do- be a guy that you put on the best offenive player the opposition has and slow them down. He has showed during the regular season that he can do that. He chased Steph Curry all over the court and forced him to have one of his worst games of the season. Blatt made the adjustment in Games 3 and 4 of the Boston series to have Shumpert blanket Isiah Thomas and Shumpert made Blatt look good by pretty much takig Thomas out of those 2 games after he had 2 very strong games in Games 1 and 2. Whoever Shumpert covers he needs to make an impact that transcends the box score.

Tristan Thompson all of a sudden becomes EXTREMELY IMPORTANT replacing Love. Thompson made huge leaps this year defensively, on the offensive glass, and finishing in the pick and roll. He needs to out-quick and out hustle the older, slower, but bigger and stronger and more skilled Noah and Gasol.

The Old Guard Quartet- Perkins, Miller, Jones and Marion have to make contributions beyond the great locker room influences that they have been. None of these guys has to play 30 minutes and go for 20 points- but they do need to play smart, efficient basketball and make plays when they are in. I think Jones, Miller and Marion could all get run in multiple games. Marion has to be a solid defender, Miller has to hit the open shots that come with playing next to Bron and Kyrie, and Jones needs to do the same. We know the moment is not too much for these guys- but can they turn back the clock?

Make no mistake- as soon as Kevin Love was declared out for the series the Cavs margin of error went WAAY down. Love could have pulled Noah or Gasol out of the middle- Gasol would have looked foolish out there and Noah out there would leave the paint wide open. Tristan and Mozgov cant do that. Not may guys in the entire league can do it- and arguably NO WAY can do it as well as KLove.

The Cavs do not have the depth Chicago has, they do not play defense as well as Chicago, they have not been together as long as Chicago, they have a coach who is going through the NBA Playoffs for the first time EVER- not just as a head coach but at ANY level. THE CAVS ARE MISSING one of the only 17 and 10 guys in the etire league. Chicago is as healthy as they have been in years.The obstacles are big.

The Cavs have a big time all star in Kyrie. I think at the end of the series we will be able to answer the question of who the 2nd best player on the court is- Kyrie or Butler- solid arguments for each. If the Bulls do not think Rose can guard Kyrie I could see Butler doing it sometimes and that will be fun to watch-

Butler D'ing up KI- KI and that crossover. Thats going to be fun.

The Cavs also still have #23. He is rested, and hungry to bring Cleveland its first title in about 50 years. Can he repel the Bulls once more while they are at their strongest and his team is vulnerable? It would be another defining moment in LeBron's career if he can will the Cavs to victory in this series considering the circumstances.

Out of the entire playoffs- this has to be the series that everyone has been waiting for and anticipating.

Cant wait to watch Mozgov v. Gasol in the post. Cant wait to watch DRose and Kyrie go at eachother and prove to the world who the better player is. Cant wait to see if the Cavs vets can turn back the clock one more time. Cant wait to see if Mirotic continues to develop into a stud in front of our eyes. CAnt wait to see if Jimmy Butler can validate the praise he has received this year and establish himself as an elite player in this league. Cant wait to see if TT can continue to outwork everyone on the court and average 5 offensive boards a game. Cant wait to see if Joakim Noah and his trash talk and villain status in Cleveland is equaled by his play. Cant wait to see how Jr Smith reacts- I can tell ya- its either going to be feast or famine. Cant wait to see which coach pushes the right buttons- Thibs or Blatt. Cant wait to see if Iman Shumpert can erase a Rose or Butler for a couple games on the perimeter. Cant wait to see Mozgov and Gasol try and beat eachother up and foul eachother out.

Cant wait to see what #23 has up his sleeve. Something tells me his best basketball of his career is yet to be played.

Cavs in 7:hope:

Last edited:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Love is huge for the Cavs, but since there is no money on the line with this pick I'll go ahead and stay with my pre-season pick of the Cavs and say the win in 7.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go back to LeRoy and his return to Cleveland. He had accepted the point he was coming to a young team that was going to build back into a contender.

I really dont know who accelerated this plan, LeRoy or the owner. LeRoy was expecting to be playing with Kyrie, Wiggins and his buddy Varejo, probably get Miller and Allen to be the old guys on the club. He expected to be a contending team in a few years. Now whether it was LeRoy that behind closed doors told Gilbert what he expected or LeRoys decision to sign a two year deal that made Gilbert go out and get Love makes me wonder if James has really gotten what he wanted.

This cavs team is gonna play just as loose as the Bucks just did.

Thibbs should coach Blatt under the table. Thibbs will probably tighten up his rotation and over play his chosen few players though. Jimmy probably wont be on James until crunch time so Dunleavy stays on the court.

I really dont know if there will be a close game in this series. Seems it will be one sided for victories by each team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am scared these first 2 games without JR as well. If Cavs can go 1-1 they should be ok.

I think these series goes deep, 6 or 7 bc Love is out. If Chicago struggles on offense then they could have a rough time. Guys will need to step up for Cleveland.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a weird way.. the Cavs will have the momentum going into game 3 almost no matter what happens in the first 2 games... especially if the Cavs win 1 or both of them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ will choke again. Lets Go Bulls. Butler usually does a good job against LBJ.

Im so excited cant wait for Monday. It is gong to be a Fight. Bulls should be able to do anything they want inside and Bulls will have some trouble with Irving and LBJ. Let the battle begin.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the series that everyone has anticipated since October. The two most talented teams in the East.

This is Chicago's shot. Everyone is healthy for the Bulls. This Cavs team will not be more vulnerable for years to come (unless of course LeBron or Kyrie sustain major injuries). The pressure has shifted from the Cavs as the favorites to Chicago who is seen as HAVING to get it done this year or it might never happen.

Besides a few games here or there, LeBron really has not put the pedal to the medal this season. Sure- there have been games where he wanted to send a message like the Golden State, the San Antonio game that was the best game of the entire regular season, the last Bulls game that clinched the 2 seed....

LeBron never played less games in his career, and never played fewer minutes per game. He will have gotten over a week off before the series starts on Monday.

He will be well rested.

This is the time where LeBron has to up his game to that next level that he has done so many times before.

Chicago is going to be desperate to win this series. Another loss at the hands of LeBron when the situation has played out so well for them would be devastating.

Kyrie is going to have to play the best basketball of his career. He is going to need to have his outside shots falling. He needs to be the guy who has risen to he occasion every time there has been a new situation put in front of him. Its asking a lot of him at the age of 23 and in his first playoffs to be the 2nd best player on the court but its what the Cavs are going to need to win this series.

Iman Shumpert is going to have to do what he was brought here to do- be a guy that you put on the best offenive player the opposition has and slow them down. He has showed during the regular season that he can do that. He chased Steph Curry all over the court and forced him to have one of his worst games of the season. Blatt made the adjustment in Games 3 and 4 of the Boston series to have Shumpert blanket Isiah Thomas and Shumpert made Blatt look good by pretty much takig Thomas out of those 2 games after he had 2 very strong games in Games 1 and 2. Whoever Shumpert covers he needs to make an impact that transcends the box score.

Tristan Thompson all of a sudden becomes EXTREMELY IMPORTANT replacing Love. Thompson made huge leaps this year defensively, on the offensive glass, and finishing in the pick and roll. He needs to out-quick and out hustle the older, slower, but bigger and stronger and more skilled Noah and Gasol.

The Old Guard Quartet- Perkins, Miller, Jones and Marion have to make contributions beyond the great locker room influences that they have been. None of these guys has to play 30 minutes and go for 20 points- but they do need to play smart, efficient basketball and make plays when they are in. I think Jones, Miller and Marion could all get run in multiple games. Marion has to be a solid defender, Miller has to hit the open shots that come with playing next to Bron and Kyrie, and Jones needs to do the same. We know the moment is not too much for these guys- but can they turn back the clock?

Make no mistake- as soon as Kevin Love was declared out for the series the Cavs margin of error went WAAY down. Love could have pulled Noah or Gasol out of the middle- Gasol would have looked foolish out there and Noah out there would leave the paint wide open. Tristan and Mozgov cant do that. Not may guys in the entire league can do it- and arguably NO WAY can do it as well as KLove.

The Cavs do not have the depth Chicago has, they do not play defense as well as Chicago, they have not been together as long as Chicago, they have a coach who is going through the NBA Playoffs for the first time EVER- not just as a head coach but at ANY level. THE CAVS ARE MISSING one of the only 17 and 10 guys in the etire league. Chicago is as healthy as they have been in years.The obstacles are big.

The Cavs have a big time all star in Kyrie. I think at the end of the series we will be able to answer the question of who the 2nd best player on the court is- Kyrie or Butler- solid arguments for each. If the Bulls do not think Rose can guard Kyrie I could see Butler doing it sometimes and that will be fun to watch-

Butler D'ing up KI- KI and that crossover. Thats going to be fun.

The Cavs also still have #23. He is rested, and hungry to bring Cleveland its first title in about 50 years. Can he repel the Bulls once more while they are at their strongest and his team is vulnerable? It would be another defining moment in LeBron's career if he can will the Cavs to victory in this series considering the circumstances.

Out of the entire playoffs- this has to be the series that everyone has been waiting for and anticipating.

Cant wait to watch Mozgov v. Gasol in the post. Cant wait to watch DRose and Kyrie go at eachother and prove to the world who the better player is. Cant wait to see if the Cavs vets can turn back the clock one more time. Cant wait to see if Mirotic continues to develop into a stud in front of our eyes. CAnt wait to see if Jimmy Butler can validate the praise he has received this year and establish himself as an elite player in this league. Cant wait to see if TT can continue to outwork everyone on the court and average 5 offensive boards a game. Cant wait to see if Joakim Noah and his trash talk and villain status in Cleveland is equaled by his play. Cant wait to see how Jr Smith reacts- I can tell ya- its either going to be feast or famine. Cant wait to see which coach pushes the right buttons- Thibs or Blatt. Cant wait to see if Iman Shumpert can erase a Rose or Butler for a couple games on the perimeter. Cant wait to see Mozgov and Gasol try and beat eachother up and foul eachother out.

Cant wait to see what #23 has up his sleeve. Something tells me his best basketball of his career is yet to be played.

Cavs in 7:hope:

James will have some great games moving forward, but his BEST basketball was played in Miami.

Back to back rings and league MVP's.
That's not happening again.

How many players on the plus side of 30 who have played over 40,000 minutes EVER played there best ball moving forward?

You can try to downplay what losing will mean this season, and try to spin it into what you hope the future will be BUT FACT is that is they lose, James will be 0-8 in Cleveland and 2-4 in Miami with 4 Finals appearances.

FACT remains (and taking nothing away from James' play in the series) that if Pops doesn't make some very strange coaching decisions in that famous game 6 meltdown combined with Allen hitting a crazy shot, his ring count is 1.

Look at Ok City. A few years back, everyone thought they would be a perennial Finals /championship team--- and they haven't been back since.

What I'm saying is, the window of opportunity is never that big.
If you blow it when it is open, it might not reopen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a weird way.. the Cavs will have the momentum going into game 3 almost no matter what happens in the first 2 games... especially if the Cavs win 1 or both of them.

:wtf:

Considering that the first 2 games are in Cleveland, that would have to be a really, really weird way for them to have momentum going into game 3 if they lose even 1 of the first 2 games.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has a history of dispensing of the Bulls in quick fashion... even before he had Wade and Bosh as teammates.

Of course this Bulls team is much better on paper than those Bulls teams... although their results thus far are worse.

This is going to be a great series.