• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back to the PF with the rest of the dregs. Sports clearly isn't your thing.

Hmmmm. I wish you could actually respond to the point I made which is very specific and in response to the poster I responded to. Telling me to go back to the PF is ridiculous. Maybe as a moderator you can restrict me from posting in NBA basketball forum. However, it is mind-boggling that you find my post offensive.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bulls starting all in plus column for +/- minutes. niko -21 and hinrich -7 brooks -12

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk how bad Gasol is injured but I feel like they needed him and he should have pushed it if it could. Maybe it's his demeanor and how he acts but you feel like the guy isn't 100% commited to his team and laying it all on the line. Could be totally wrong just the way I perceive things/

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. I wish you could actually respond to the point I made which is very specific and in response to the poster I responded to. Telling me to go back to the PF is ridiculous. Maybe as a moderator you can restrict me from posting in NBA basketball forum. However, it is mind-boggling that you find my post offensive.

The point you made, made no sense.

The original point made by me was that James best days weren't in his future, that he peaked in Miami.

Me feeling that he is still ( arguably) the best player in the league doesn't change that.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk how bad Gasol is injured but I feel like they needed him and he should have pushed it if it could. Maybe it's his demeanor and how he acts but you feel like the guy isn't 100% commited to his team and laying it all on the line. Could be totally wrong just the way I perceive things/

he's just soft. watching niko and him together makes me sick to my stomach.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I watch this Chicago team and wonder how they are not the favorites to win it all- and then the offense just dissapears for long stretches. It has to be maddening.

I mean- the Cavs for the most part have shot makers- they make some tough shots- Kyrie, JR, Bron, -Shumpert made some tough ones

It seems like Chicago is always getting good shots and doesnt have to make the hard ones- only the easy ones- and they just cannot do it consistently.

You see like in the Bucks finale when they put it alltogether for 48 minutes what it looks like-

I am just hoping it doesnt happen 2 times in a row- it shouldnt but who knows. If both teams are going to be playing some pretty ugly physical basketball i actually favor the Cavs because of Bron, and then Mozgov and Thompson.....

If Chicago ran more and kept putting Kyrie in the pick and roll every play- how would they lose?

I am just glad that Bron played how he played and Kyrie somehow managed to put up 25. unbelievable job by him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Cleveland had Love though, I know it doesnt matter and right now I dont care just focusing on the guys that can play, but just imagine.

I am used to Lebron doing this, settling and keeping the game close. You have to think sometimes he is just worn out from attacking virtually for 3 quarters but I really do think Blatt has no idea what he is doing. But he isnt going anywhere so he better learn quick dammit!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he has gaudy overall numbers, but LEBRON played like ass down the stretch and almost let CHI win

I would not say he was great after playing that 4th quarter....more like great for 3 quarters

It doesnt show on the stat sheet, but he was (-15) on the +/- in the last 8 minutes before that rebound.

In fairness, I am not sure who that was (BLATT or LEBRON) who called the Isolation offense crap.

if it was Blatt, they need to just leave him home for the rest of the playoffs.

This is such a ridiculous post. Yeah, he was -15 in the last 8 minutes... the whole team was -15 in the last 8 minutes ... they gave up a 15 point lead. +/- is the most misleading, worthless stat if your sample size isn't at least an entire season... even then it can be misleading.

You guys are talking about 3 LeBron end-of-the-clock iso shots as if they represent the entire 4th quarter. The Cavs gave up 30 points in the 4th quarter. That's where they blew the lead.

LeBron also had 2 critical assists, the biggest block of the night, and several key rebounds down the stretch. Felt like he was the only Cav playing defense the whole 4th qtr.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel the need to show the facts with the false narrative going on on this thread.

At the 8:30 minute mark the Cavs led by 17. Mirotic had a 3-pt play that started the Bulls run. Here are the Cavs possessions in the last 8 minutes.

- JR misses 3
- Kyrie turns it over
- LeBron drives and scores
- LeBron hits a step back 3 pointer
- JR misses a 3
- LeBron misses shot from elbow
- LeBron passes to TT inside, who is fouled - goes to the line
- LeBron passes to TT inside for the dunk
- LeBron drives to the rim and is fouled - goes to the line
- Shump passes to LeBron at the end of the shot clock... LeBron misses baseline 3
- Dellavedova dribbles the ball off his leg
- Kyrie misses a 3

At this points its a 2 point game with 40 seconds left. LeBron is 2/4 with 7 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 monster block, 0 turnovers.

Yep that 15-point comeback happened because LeBron was playing like an ass. :L:L

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he said he is 40% now, if he gets to 50% he will try to play in game 6.

Commentators all over the bulls problems again, push the ball and score easy, allow the d to set up and struggle, its too bad Thibbs considers using shot clock keeps the ball out of the other teams hands and helps their defense.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he said he is 40% now, if he gets to 50% he will try to play in game 6.

Commentators all over the bulls problems again, push the ball and score easy, allow the d to set up and struggle, its too bad Thibbs considers using shot clock keeps the ball out of the other teams hands and helps their defense.

anyone else getting annoyed with C-webb's constant praise of the bulls D? Recently, yes, it has been great. But hasn't it been pretty mediocre/below average this year?

All he talks about is how the bulls are a great defensive team, but struggle offensively. I was under the impression the opposite was pretty much true this year

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol needed to suck up whatever injury he had and get his butt out there. its why Chicago paid him big money.

I do not like either team, but I have to say it seems like alot of the calls are going in Clevelands favor. Especially at crucial times. But damn Chicago was terrible from behind the arc and yet just kept taking those shots all night.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel the need to show the facts with the false narrative going on on this thread.

At the 8:30 minute mark the Cavs led by 17. Mirotic had a 3-pt play that started the Bulls run. Here are the Cavs possessions in the last 8 minutes.

- JR misses 3
- Kyrie turns it over
- LeBron drives and scores
- LeBron hits a step back 3 pointer
- JR misses a 3
- LeBron misses shot from elbow
- LeBron passes to TT inside, who is fouled - goes to the line
- LeBron passes to TT inside for the dunk
- LeBron drives to the rim and is fouled - goes to the line
- Shump passes to LeBron at the end of the shot clock... LeBron misses baseline 3
- Dellavedova dribbles the ball off his leg
- Kyrie misses a 3

At this points its a 2 point game with 40 seconds left. LeBron is 2/4 with 7 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 monster block, 0 turnovers.

Yep that 15-point comeback happened because LeBron was playing like an ass. :L:L

People just like to put the blame on Lebron bc he is supposed to dominate at every facet for 48 minutes. I usually just ignore it. Lebron was unstoppable, and he still hasnt got his jumper back too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else getting annoyed with C-webb's constant praise of the bulls D? Recently, yes, it has been great. But hasn't it been pretty mediocre/below average this year?

All he talks about is how the bulls are a great defensive team, but struggle offensively. I was under the impression the opposite was pretty much true this year

He is annoying in general. He shouldn't be a commentator. He says some ridiculous stuff and is just annoying as fuck.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol needed to suck up whatever injury he had and get his butt out there. its why Chicago paid him big money.

I do not like either team, but I have to say it seems like alot of the calls are going in Clevelands favor. Especially at crucial times. But damn Chicago was terrible from behind the arc and yet just kept taking those shots all night.

Well they were definitely hitting shots late in that 4th, that's what got them back in the game. Cleveland ended up shooting worse than the Bulls from behind the arc. They also havent found their touch.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have my own unavoidably subjective (and strong) opinions on the matter... but for the sake of objectivity...

In the first 4 games of the series (the officiating report isn't out yet for game 5)... the officiating reports listed 3 incorrect calls in the final 2 minutes of the games.

- Travel on LeBron that should've been called
- Travel on Butler that should've been called
- Foul on Noah that should've been called (right before gw in game 4)

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy has to show up in game 6 possessed and the rest of the crew has to hit open shots on the wings. D Rose kept us in the game for awhile, but that was awful..

And again, Thibs has his 3-4 guard line up in at the end of the game? Why the fuck is Heinrich on the floor? Mirotic can keep an eye on JR Smith and help rebound.

Lebron played a helluva game. Cavs are playing well on both sides of the ball.