• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bring in niko so he can run away from the ball wide open

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this game so close? I quit watching because I read here the fix was in. WTH happened?

LeBron decided he wanted to make some highlight reel shots and failed miserably

Last edited:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he has gaudy overall numbers, but LEBRON played like ass down the stretch and almost let CHI win

I would not say he was great after playing that 4th quarter....more like great for 3 quarters

It doesnt show on the stat sheet, but he was (-15) on the +/- in the last 8 minutes before that rebound.

In fairness, I am not sure who that was (BLATT or LEBRON) who called the Isolation offense crap.

if it was Blatt, they need to just leave him home for the rest of the playoffs.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he has gaudy overall numbers, but LEBRON played like ass down the stretch and almost let CHI win

I would not say he was great after playing that 4th quarter....more like great for 3 quarters

It doesnt show on the stat sheet, but he was (-15) on the +/- in the last 8 minutes before that rebound.

In fairness, I am not sure who that was (BLATT or LEBRON) who called the Isolation offense crap.

if it was Blatt, they need to just leave him home for the rest of the playoffs

I mentioned this earlier, but either way LeBron can call something else. So i guess its on LBJ in my mind. You can't beat a good team with that junk. Run that for the last 2 minutes, if you feell the need to, not the last 8.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching on delay. How was that not a foul on Delly on the shot LaBron blocked. Rose had to change his shot because of the of the bump. But then again, fouls in the NBA are difficult to figure out.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for my last comment. I said it in the heat of the moment. I'm sure not everyone from Cleveland is inbred. The Blackhawks next playoff series can't get here soon enough. At least the referee blunders are greatly minimized in the nhl.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for my last comment. I said it in the heat of the moment. I'm sure not everyone from Cleveland is inbred. The Blackhawks next playoff series can't get here soon enough. At least the referee blunders are greatly minimized in the nhl.

hockey is the best

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the coach needs to assert himself

Lebron was going rogue and trying to lose the game all by himself.
That might not always be apparent to the player....especially a hyper competitive one.

Sometimes a player cannot see what is happening.
Lebron probably didnt realize he was truly hurting his team and aiding the Chicago comeback.

The coach has a better overall viewpoint.
Any competent NBA would have called timeout and at least pointed out some options instead.

I think the Cavs might win the title despite their coach.
They could easily have lost game 4 had the timeout/technical been enforced.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think im going to have nightmares all offseason of bulls inbound plays. my all time favorite was passing it to noah with 3 seconds on the shot clock. the 2nd was butler taking a fall away 3 with 20 seconds on the shot clock down 2. nice draw ups thibs

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think im going to have nightmares all offseason of bulls inbound plays

The Inbounds play can bite you badly.

The SPURS lost to Detroit on a bad inbounds miracle.

They intentionally fouled (up by 3) with nanoseconds left, watched Detroit hit 2 freethrows, had a bad inbounds, and miracle desperation Pistons shot. The 3 point lead become Detroit 4 points and a loss.

That one game would have made them the 2 seed instead of a 6 seed.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That might not always be apparent to the player....especially a hyper competitive one.

Lebron probably didnt realize he was truly hurting his team and aiding the Chicago comeback.

Any competent NBA would have called timeout and at least pointed out some options instead.

Yea you know Spo got a lot of flack, but I fully believe that he got the MOST out of LeBron. He helped keep him disciplined with shot selection and helped lebron get the ball in the right spots to maximize his efficieny.

I think LeBron is past his peak (but still the best int he NBA), but I think a good part of his decline this year has more to do with the shots he's taking/where he is receiving the ball, and less to do with his skills/abilities.

Blatt (or whoever coaches next year) would help themselves a lot by modeling themselves off a hybrid off the heat offense from the first year they were together (play fast, push the ball) and years 2-3 (multiple pick'n rolls, lots of movement/cutting with shooters everywhere).

this team is better suited to fit LeBron's talents offensively, but they have been underutilized within a poor scheme. Kyrie and Love are much better natural fits to LeBron than wade and bosh (wade killed spacing and Klove is a more natural 3pt shooter than bosh is) so it is disappointing to see them underperform.

A "small" lineup of Love, James, JR, Shump, Kyrie (not even that small really...) would have been incredible running an offense similar to what we saw in Miami with LeBron. I just don't know that Blatt is the right guy for this team. He got thrown into a helluva situation

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Inbounds play can bite you badly.

The SPURS lost to Detroit on a bad inbounds miracle.

They intentionally fouled (up by 3) with nanoseconds left, watched Detroit hit 2 freethrows, had a bad inbounds, and miracle desperation Pistons shot. The 3 point lead become Detroit 4 points and a loss.

That one game would have made them the 2 seed instead of a 6 seed.

They also beat the pistons on a great inbounds play!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron does that shit ALLL the time. Its ridiculous

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea you know Spo got a lot of flack, but I fully believe that he got the MOST out of LeBron. He helped keep him disciplined with shot selection and helped lebron get the ball in the right spots to maximize his efficieny.

I think LeBron is past his peak (but still the best int he NBA), but I think a good part of his decline this year has more to do with the shots he's taking/where he is receiving the ball, and less to do with his skills/abilities.

Blatt (or whoever coaches next year) would help themselves a lot by modeling themselves off a hybrid off the heat offense from the first year they were together (play fast, push the ball) and years 2-3 (multiple pick'n rolls, lots of movement/cutting with shooters everywhere).

this team is better suited to fit LeBron's talents offensively, but they have been underutilized within a poor scheme. Kyrie and Love are much better natural fits to LeBron than wade and bosh (wade killed spacing and Klove is a more natural 3pt shooter than bosh is) so it is disappointing to see them underperform.

A "small" lineup of Love, James, JR, Shump, Kyrie (not even that small really...) would have been incredible running an offense similar to what we saw in Miami with LeBron. I just don't know that Blatt is the right guy for this team. He got thrown into a helluva situation[/QUOTE]

they were doing that here and there during the 2nd half of the season when they had the best record in the league!!

the spacing in that offense is just ridiculous.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much went down like I expected.
Another game, another series, another season of the Bulls saying would of, could of, should of.

And as far as the refs tonight, absolute no factor.
They obviously can't be perfect in an action packed 48 minute game, but they were about as good as I've seen in this years playoffs.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Pretty much went down like I expected.
Another game, another series, another season of the Bulls saying would of, could of, should of.

And as far as the refs tonight, absolute no factor.
They obviously can't be perfect in an action packed 48 minute game, but they were about as good as I've seen in this years playoffs.

Agree. D. Rose equal Lebron's lap dog until proven otherwise.