• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#22 Iowa @ #4 Wisconsin

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, just got back from the game...thanks Franny and Brust.

Couple thoughs....

Refs were god awful for both sides....there was little to no flow to the game because of them.

The improvement in rebounding in the second half won us the game....Dukan and others did a much better job, also Bo got over his stubbornness and played a bigger lineup for part of the half.

White began to take over in the 2nd half for a few minutes, then Iowa didn't go back to him during the last few minutes of the game...made absolutely no sense, especially b/c we couldn't match up with him. I laughed when they brought the stiff Woodbury back in and ran an iso play on the block with him.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, just got back from the game...thanks Franny and Brust.

Couple thoughs....

Refs were god awful for both sides....there was little to no flow to the game because of them.

The improvement in rebounding in the second half won us the game....Dukan and others did a much better job, also Bo got over his stubbornness and played a bigger lineup for part of the half.

White began to take over in the 2nd half for a few minutes, then Iowa didn't go back to him during the last few minutes of the game...made absolutely no sense, especially b/c we couldn't match up with him. I laughed when they brought the stiff Woodbury back in and ran an iso play on the block with him.

Holy shit guy, I agree with you on something... :clap:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin just getting killed on the boards tonight.

It's been their obvious weakness all season and it doesn't come as a surprise. They're more athletic and do have some height but they're skinny and lack positioning.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stands out the most about these two teams is their overall efficiency on offense. UW is ranked 10th while Iowa is ranked 16th. Most would say that is fairly equal. However Wisconsin has faced a defensive SOS of 40 While Iowa's defensive SOS is 240. Add this to the fact that UW's defense is superior and HCA I find it difficult to see UW losing this game. But if anyone can beat UW at home Iowa has the best chance this year.

Good luck

Looks like my pregame assessment was correct. I was nervous when it became 17-9 early in the game and was hoping for the bigger lineup to come in ASAP. Bo finally made the second half adjustments as it was almost to late. It's unfortunate that the disparity of the game was the FT's which came from the Tech's. Who knows if UW would've even won the game if that never happened. Iowa will be a force to be reckoned with as they are the best 3 loss team in the country. If they can find a way to close the deal against elite teams they could make some noise in the tourney.

Good game Iowa and good luck the rest of the way except vs us obviously. I believe the toughest game left on our schedule is at your place in which you will be hoping for some sweet revenge.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dekker with no FG's until 4 minutes left in the game
Kaminsky had 0 points in the paint and 0 points in the second half
Jackson was terrible with the ball - 7 TO's and each was just terrible.
Surrendered 16 offensive rebounds, got out-rebounded for the game.

Overall, it was their worst performance of the season yet they still managed to pull it off. This is coming against a legit top 4 Big Ten Team and top 20 team in the nation in Iowa. This horrible performance indicates more about the Badgers positive outlook on the season than any other win this year.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the biggest problem I see going forward for wiskey. Also how will they protect the rim against bigger teams? Iowa is not a team I would characterize in that way

Actually Iowa has a lot of length. But it would destroy us against a team like Syracuse.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, good game Iowa. I couldn't make it to the second half (didn't give up, it was just 2am, and I'm exhausted this morning), but from what I saw in the first the Hawks have a really good team.

p.s. - how the hell did Wisconsin score 51 points in a half?

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really impressed by both teams. It's funny because the only other time I watched an Iowa game this year was against Iowa State and even though they lost that game, I was thoroughly impressed by them. They just needed to make their FTs down the stretch and they would've won that game.

As for this game, again, I was impressed with how athletic this Iowa team is. They only had 10 turnovers, which is really good for a team that plays an up-tempo offense. I felt like the biggest difference in the game was Wisconsin's composure. After that abysmal 1st half, they came out and played solid, fundamental basketball. They took better care of the basketball and moved the ball around to find open shooters. It's hard to say they lived and died by the three, because it seemed like most of the threes they were making were wide open.

That first half was the worst half of basketball I've seen Wisconsin play all year. I was chatting with a friend of mine while watching the game and we both said simultaneously "apparently no one decided to show up for Wisconsin today." I'm sure glad they were able to go into the locker room and get things taken care of. I gotta hand it to Bo, he did a great job of making adjustments.

Both teams played a good, hard fought basketball game. They are both worthy of their rankings, that's for sure. I hope Iowa doesn't drop out of the Top 25 because they've lost some heartbreakers against Top 10 competition.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big, big win for the Badgers. Iowa is incredibly long and athletic, they owned the boards all first half.

I understand why McCaffery went off, but I thought his reaction was a bit over the top, and ended up hurting his team.

Impressive way to win for the Badgers, I wouldn't expect a win with Sam Dekker having such a quiet day. Big team effort, and with a number of players in foul trouble. It's funny, in a lot of way, this was one of the worst games of the year for the Badgers and still somehow find a way to come out on top. A lot of resiliency on this years Badger team.

Iowa is going to be a tough out for a lot of people, I wouldn't want to draw them come March.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big, big win for the Badgers. Iowa is incredibly long and athletic, they owned the boards all first half.

I understand why McCaffery went off, but I thought his reaction was a bit over the top, and ended up hurting his team.
Impressive way to win for the Badgers, I wouldn't expect a win with Sam Dekker having such a quiet day. Big team effort, and with a number of players in foul trouble. It's funny, in a lot of way, this was one of the worst games of the year for the Badgers and still somehow find a way to come out on top. A lot of resiliency on this years Badger team.

Iowa is going to be a tough out for a lot of people, I wouldn't want to draw them come March.

Im OK with getting 1 T there to wake the guys up but you cant give away 4 free points in game that is likely to be decided by 4 points or less ( like the previous 5 had been ) ESPECIALLY on the road. Fran is passionate which is great but sometimes you have to know when the right time to go off is and doing it when the Badgers are on a 15-6 run at the start of the half and have cut your lead that youve had ALL game to 2 is not the right time. He would have been better served to do it when Iowa was down by 4-6 than giving away the lead like that IMO

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im OK with getting 1 T there to wake the guys up but you cant give away 4 free points in game that is likely to be decided by 4 points or less ( like the previous 5 had been ) ESPECIALLY on the road. Fran is passionate which is great but sometimes you have to know when the right time to go off is and doing it when the Badgers are on a 15-6 run at the start of the half and have cut your lead that youve had ALL game to 2 is not the right time. He would have been better served to do it when Iowa was down by 4-6 than giving away the lead like that IMO

I understand why he did it, the officiating on both sides was terrible, I'm not okay with his explosion.

He hurt his team getting those T's, they had no direction late in the game. I do wonder if Fran will get any kind of suspension(doubt it) and/or a fine.

Iowa can be really good, but Fran tends to lose his cool at times and his teams seem to follow suit. They're a long athletic team, but they don't know how to win. Fran has to teach his team to win rather than blowing up. As much as Fran probably hates to admit it(on the surface it sure seems like he hates Bo) but he needs to learn how to coach intensely and help his teams finish the way Coach Ryan does.