• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Packers regular season thread

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures. GB goes down the field and scores then allows Detroit to do the same thing. :doh: Oh well, too much to ask from this team. At least they won’t be shut out.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures. GB goes down the field and scores then allows Detroit to do the same thing. :doh: Oh well, too much to ask from this team. At least they won’t be shut out.
24-6 GB at halftime. Didn’t think this would happen. Let’s see if it’s a tale of 2 halves.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the Pack win, I think the Lions and Pack are pretty similar skill-wise in the overall team aspect, the Lions had a better start to the season when GB was in disarray and struggling hard in the first half most games, Love has been showing improvement but the Lions D is not a very good gauge for that, the DL played well today also

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly the rest of our schedule isn’t bad, Chiefs, Bucs and Vikings probably being the most contested, like our chances against Giants, Panthers and Bears. We may finish above .500 or at .500 which I did not expect after how our season started

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly the rest of our schedule isn’t bad, Chiefs, Bucs and Vikings probably being the most contested, like our chances against Giants, Panthers and Bears. We may finish above .500 or at .500 which I did not expect after how our season started
2 in a row is impressive considering who they played. I still think they finish below .500 but I have to give credit where credit is due. Solid win today with all phases contributing. A few hiccups but nothing like in the previous losses.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 in a row is impressive considering who they played. I still think they finish below .500 but I have to give credit where credit is due. Solid win today with all phases contributing. A few hiccups but nothing like in the previous losses.

Compared to a month ago, the product on the field looks like actual pro football. If they can keep improving they might actually become something in the near future.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win vs a good team, Packers won the game due to 4th down defense, turnovers and fake punt.

Not overally suprised Lions tried the fake punt, they have tried several times in past in games I have watched. Packers looked very ready for it, kudos to the special teams on that play.

Love looked very good throwing the ball, receivers made some big catches... Doubs dropped a 3rd down conversion, but other than that thought all the young receivers played well.. only other question was Watson on late deep ball... not a good throw from Love, but looked like Watson could have tracked the ball much better.

Running game still not very good for Packers... and rush defense still frustrating, Lions 145 yards and 4.5 average.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win vs a good team, Packers won the game due to 4th down defense, turnovers and fake punt.

Not overally suprised Lions tried the fake punt, they have tried several times in past in games I have watched. Packers looked very ready for it, kudos to the special teams on that play.

Love looked very good throwing the ball, receivers made some big catches... Doubs dropped a 3rd down conversion, but other than that thought all the young receivers played well.. only other question was Watson on late deep ball... not a good throw from Love, but looked like Watson could have tracked the ball much better.

Running game still not very good for Packers... and rush defense still frustrating, Lions 145 yards and 4.5 average.
Good points and reasons why I think they finish below .500. Both sides of the ball played better today even with the injuries but still need to clean up several issues.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points and reasons why I think they finish below .500. Both sides of the ball played better today even with the injuries but still need to clean up several issues.

Packers may have one of the easiest schedules remaining... NYG, Carolina and Bears... even TB is 4/7

IMO...
  • Packers go 3-3 (or worse) and finish 8-9 (or worse) they miss the playoffs
  • Packers finish 4-2 and finish 9-8 they will make the playoffs
Good to see Bills and Jets continue losing... will make those 2nd and 3rd round draft picks a bit better.

1701082338399.png

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like GB's chances to rally and get final playoff spot, their remaining schedule isn't too bad

(well, as a viking fan, I don't like it)

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like GB's chances to rally and get final playoff spot, their remaining schedule isn't too bad

(well, as a viking fan, I don't like it)

I posted that thread in the general forum as a kind of humble @RememberTheKoy type thing, without trying to homer it up.

Basically if the Packers don't kill themselves with stupid play, they just might grab that last wild card. Now, if they play like they did against Denver and Raiders, they might lose all of their remaining games too. Who knows, as I mentioned earlier in the season, just improve game by game and they might actually build a NFL team

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted that thread in the general forum as a kind of humble @RememberTheKoy type thing, without trying to homer it up.

Basically if the Packers don't kill themselves with stupid play, they just might grab that last wild card. Now, if they play like they did against Denver and Raiders, they might lose all of their remaining games too. Who knows, as I mentioned earlier in the season, just improve game by game and they might actually build a NFL team
I don't think it's homer.

GB has a good roster, not as good as sweetswingingsammysosa thinks, but good

Offense is young and improving, potential is there.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me this team isn't a playoff team. They're more of a team building up to become contenders if their QB works out. We'll see what happens, but if my some chance they make the playoffs they're not going to beat one of the big 3, Dallas, San Fran or Philly.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I should probably also mention that the Vikes and Pack won the lotto this year by playing the NFC South. While the Pack still has to play Tampa and Carolina and the Vikes went 3-1 against that division, those 3 wins go a long ways when you're trying to get to 9 wins to play in January. Plus the Pack get the Giants, who play hard but are really in a sad QB state and we caught the Rams at the right time. I also believe the Vikes are catching the Lions at the right time. The Lions now compared to the Lions of Sept/Oct seem to be 2 different teams unless they somehow get it together.

I guess sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers may have one of the easiest schedules remaining... NYG, Carolina and Bears... even TB is 4/7

IMO...
  • Packers go 3-3 (or worse) and finish 8-9 (or worse) they miss the playoffs
  • Packers finish 4-2 and finish 9-8 they will make the playoffs
Good to see Bills and Jets continue losing... will make those 2nd and 3rd round draft picks a bit better.

View attachment 347146
My biggest concern is consistency. The last 2 wins have been a step in the right direction. Can they continue to be consistent on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes? Lets see how they play against the Chiefs. It would be promising to see them play competitive but i can also see them getting their butts handed to them. This game may set the tone on how they finish.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this team isn't a playoff team. They're more of a team building up to become contenders if their QB works out. We'll see what happens, but if my some chance they make the playoffs they're not going to beat one of the big 3, Dallas, San Fran or Philly.

Packers are fortunate with schedule (entire NFC North) that we have NFC South and AFC West on schedule... other than KC there is not a difficult game.

We also got LAR and NYG as other 2 games.. neither of which are difficult either.

Next year Packers (NFC North) will have AFC South and NFC West that will be a bit more challenging. Jax and Houston look like teams ascending... 49ers will still be tough... unsure what to make of Seattle.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers are fortunate with schedule (entire NFC North) that we have NFC South and AFC West on schedule... other than KC there is not a difficult game.

We also got LAR and NYG as other 2 games.. neither of which are difficult either.

Next year Packers (NFC North) will have AFC South and NFC West that will be a bit more challenging. Jax and Houston look like teams ascending... 49ers will still be tough... unsure what to make of Seattle.
Hopefully the increased difficulty in schedule will be at least matched by Packers' improvement through team experience, health and a couple quality free agent signings.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the increased difficulty in schedule will be at least matched by Packers' improvement through team experience, health and a couple quality free agent signings.

Yes... I do think Packers will be better team next year with experience and if Jordan Love is decent enough at QB.

Unsure how much Packers will be players in free agency yet... still getting out from under all the dead money and a few players of their own I would be more interested in returning.

Presently have $6M... which I assume will be $27M as I doubt Bakhtiari will be back. Unsure if there will be others... but presently do not think so looking at the dead money would absorb... I had thought Aaron Jones, but that appears it would be $12M of dead cap and only $5M of savings, not worth it IMO.

2024 contracts:
1701204946590.png

2024 free agents
- Highlighted those I would be interested in returning (at this point). I like Nijman as cheap backup swing tackle if can be done (assume T will be high on draft priorities). Very much like what see out of Nixon now... both on defense and return games. Assume will bring back at least 1 of the safties.. maybe more depending how rookie Johnson plays. Would like Runyan back... but Packers starting to rotate in Rhyan for some series and looks decent... so if that continues think that pretty much signals Runyan may be allowed to leave, even though I like him.

1701205406083.png

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That win was not expected...but the Pack played their asses off from the opening kick to the hail mary.

Not going to talk too good about them, but they might actually be building a team. An actual team instead of 3 stars and hope it's enough.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for the Pack. That was arguably the toughest opponent remaining for them but the Chiefs’ continuing offensive struggles were very prevalent again which ultimately led to our victory.

Still have high hopes for this team, they’ve got some momentum going and let’s hope they keep it.