• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Draft: Quarterback Class

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Richardson is officially the best athlete to ever try and be an nfl qb. Someone will try and win the lottery and draft him high
feel sorry for that team unless he's a package player like Kordell Stewert way back in the day.

maybe I'm wrong. :nono:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Richardson is officially the best athlete to ever try and be an nfl qb. Someone will try and win the lottery and draft him high
It seems like almost every QB drafted high is at least a pretty good athlete these days. We will see more and more guys that can run and sling it. Problem is do they have the full package like Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, etc. I saw very few of those wow moments from ARich other than scrambling.
I just don’t think Richardson is that guy, could be wrong. Some teams are going to be wow’d by his combine though and reach. He is still a big project but he does have a high upside. Hard to tell bc his expectations at Florida were so high and he never lived up to them. If he goes to the right organization and has the right coaching combined with work ethic he has a better chance for sure

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel sorry for that team unless he's a package player like Kordell Stewert way back in the day.

maybe I'm wrong. :nono:
Kordell was really really good. He went downhill when he got screwed by some
Locals who killed his ego and his career basically.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce young could be that guy. He made so many throws that I just went, oh, oh wow.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive stuff. I think don't think Richardson or Stroud will make it it out of the top 5.

Young was measured at 5'10 and 204 pounds. He's slightly smaller than Kyler Murray.

BTW - Can you edit my original post to mark him down as Richardson, not Richards? My phone used autocorrect on me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kordell was really really good. He went downhill when he got screwed by some
Locals who killed his ego and his career basically.
impact first two years, which was why I said a package type player reference for the Florida kid.
2001 was Stewert's best year. Team sport: 13-3 and he was solid for Pittsburgh but 60%, 3100 yards, 14 TD, 11 INT's wasn't killing it in 01.

I feel sorry for the team that drafts Richardson top 20, much less top 5. :eek:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive stuff. I think don't think Richardson or Stroud will make it it out of the top 5.

Young was measured at 5'10 and 204 pounds. He's slightly smaller than Kyler Murray.

BTW - Can you edit my original post to mark him down as Richardson, not Richards? My phone used autocorrect on me.
I would be surprised if Richardson is top 5. Big project imo. He has all the tools from an athletic standpoint, big and strong…Josh Allen type but I didn’t see enough of those plays at Florida to consider him a top prospect. I think he could go early to late teens though. Some teams will be in love bc of the combine, he has a lot of work to do. More of a project than Fields and I said before that draft Fields should sit 1-2 years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update time: Young, Stroud, Levis, and Richardson are all expected to go in the top ten. Richardson seems to be the real riser here. There are some who project him as #1 overall pick. If he aces the Combine next week, I don't think he makes it out of the top 5. As you can see from the video below, there is real debate going on with Richardson. People seem to LOVE the skill set and feel it is better than Young, Stroud and Levis. But on the other hand, the tape is wildly inconsistent. His completion% was less than 55% last season, which is seen as the kiss of death for 1st round quarterbacks.

Well there's no doubt Richardson stole the show, especially during the various measurement stages, such as the 40, broad jump, and vertical. He killed those stats. He even did pretty good during the throwing phases, but Stroud's passes just looked effortless and fluid. Not sure why Bryce Young chose to ignore the combines. Yeah he'll have his pro day but as a group you can only make a first impression once, and him missing out gave the other leading QBs a chance to grab the spotlight in advance.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina Panthers seems like a sensible bet for this.
I'm starting to think the Lions. Prior to the start of last season, the talk from their fan base was to grab a QB in the '23 draft pretty much as a necessity. Then Jared Goff goes out and has his best season in four years, really tampering down the need for taking one with their 1st pick, which happens to be #6 thanks to the Rams trade. Just about every mock draft on the planet has had them drafting anyone BUT a QB. Yet you have to wonder if Goff, despite an outstanding performance last year, is anything but a short term answer to the position. This is where Richardson would fit in perfectly. Give him a year or two to get his NFL feet wet. How not so coincidentally Goff has two years remaining on his contract. The only thing obvious tho is if the Lions are considering taking Richardson, it would have to be with the #6 pick, because no way does this guy make it to #18, the Lions other 1st rounder. That might put a damper on things, using the 6th pick on someone who's not going to immediately step in.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina Panthers seems like a sensible bet for this.
Seattle makes the most sense to me if they were also able to keep ahold of Geno but that might be too much to ask.

Detroit is the next domino. They brought back their OC who 'wanted to keep a good thing going' and the Detroit coach says he is all about 'tape' so I think Detroit is a no.

From there,....probably Carolina.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if Richardson is top 5. Big project imo. He has all the tools from an athletic standpoint, big and strong…Josh Allen type but I didn’t see enough of those plays at Florida to consider him a top prospect. I think he could go early to late teens though. Some teams will be in love bc of the combine, he has a lot of work to do. More of a project than Fields and I said before that draft Fields should sit 1-2 years.
Allen went 9…

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar didn’t do the combine right? I think he may have something to say about it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar didn’t do the combine right? I think he may have something to say about it.
Lamar does play by his own rules.

I do remember being higher on Lamar than AR.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will pop in his Utah tape and ignore the rest. Maybe top 5 for Richardson, and almost guaranteed top 10. I hope whoever takes him can sit him for a few years.