• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Rudolph was cut by the Giants, if he comes reasonably cheap he would be an upgrade over Everett.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Rudolph was cut by the Giants, if he comes reasonably cheap he would be an upgrade over Everett.
Absolutely would not be a upgrade over Everett. The guy is washed up.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont trust Everett, he has to go. Rudolph was on a terrible team and could be productive for us.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everett is ok for a TE but he is just like Hollister only not as tall and maybe slightly more athletic.... maybe. They both ran a 4.6 40 but Hollister is like 10 pounds heaver and a inch taller and was the better blocker between the two. I never really liked the pick up because Everett's hands are worse than Hollister's. Was a stupid move because it was in my eyes a lateral one that costed them more money. Not to mention he removed any chances of a comp pick after signing Everett. Everett is not a star and is only just an average TE at best.

Everett is more like a big WR not a TE and i wouldn't resign him. Let him walk and resign the better TE ( Dissly ) and get him on the field more.

FYI Hollister and Everett both had faster 40 times than Jerry Rice.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont trust Everett, he has to go. Rudolph was on a terrible team and could be productive for us.

I don't want another Greg Olsen situation. Rudolph was barely #2 TE last year, and definitely not worth the $7 million the Giants paid him. Hell, they released him when the TEs on their roster combined for 6 catches last season. I'm not for bringing Everett back either - but he's a much better option at this point than Rudolph.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want another Greg Olsen situation. Rudolph was barely #2 TE last year, and definitely not worth the $7 million the Giants paid him. Hell, they released him when the TEs on their roster combined for 6 catches last season. I'm not for bringing Everett back either - but he's a much better option at this point than Rudolph.

I agree with you, while Rudolph was a great TE he is only average now and OLD. You do not build a team that lacks talent with "Old" players in steep declines.

Dissly should be the First TE resigned by the Hawks and it shouldn't even be a discussion.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everett is ok for a TE but he is just like Hollister only not as tall and maybe slightly more athletic.... maybe. They both ran a 4.6 40 but Hollister is like 10 pounds heaver and a inch taller and was the better blocker between the two. I never really liked the pick up because Everett's hands are worse than Hollister's. Was a stupid move because it was in my eyes a lateral one that costed them more money. Not to mention he removed any chances of a comp pick after signing Everett. Everett is not a star and is only just an average TE at best.

Everett is more like a big WR not a TE and i wouldn't resign him. Let him walk and resign the better TE ( Dissly ) and get him on the field more.

FYI Hollister and Everett both had faster 40 times than Jerry Rice.

Honestly, I didn't mind the pick up, because Everett was the one they were willing to be creative with. It wasn't til the second half were the creativity became nothing more than screens and Everett started to have his performance drop significantly that I really started to think it would be best to let him go. He played with more heart than Hollister, but I do agree that I wouldn't have minded keeping Hollister rather than signing Everett.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine had the Hawks Drafted Xavier McKinney in 2020 then they wouldn't have traded all those first round picks for Adams and we would have a Stud Safety AND all our picks. I was one of those that REALLY wanted McKinney. The break down of that also changes the Hawks as I believe they would have kept KJ ( Always Wright ) but would have missed out on Brooks. Still Brooks minus our first round picks in 2021 and 2022 is a worse picture than having those picks and McKinney. One of those firsts either this years or last years could have been a stud LB and or a Stud DE/pass rusher.

Just the thought of Having McKinney AND our first round picks in 2021 and 2022 makes me sick to my stomach a little bit.

Imagine a backfield of Diggs/McKinney and Blair as back-up. I am more than 100% fine with that and to be honest this team would be in a much better position in my eyes than they are now.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I didn't mind the pick up, because Everett was the one they were willing to be creative with. It wasn't til the second half were the creativity became nothing more than screens and Everett started to have his performance drop significantly that I really started to think it would be best to let him go. He played with more heart than Hollister, but I do agree that I wouldn't have minded keeping Hollister rather than signing Everett.

Where or WHEN did you ever see Everett play with more Heart than Hollister? Because Hollister was ALL HEART. Hollister had Heart and Desire something I did not see at ALL from Everett. Had he played with more Heart and desire this conversation might be about how we have to 100% totally resign Everett.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my upset Hawks pick for the first round is Safety Xavier McKinney if he happens to drop that far and if things pan out he very well could.

If he is there i think the Hawks grab him and Move on from McDougald. It would make our back end look really good with Blair learning to take over Diggs spot.

from 2020 draft thread, Man how this would have changed the dynamic of our team as it sits. WOW. Never know how those 2 first round picks would turn out but Barton is a fine MLB and would be ok to replace Wagz when it's time plus those two 1st round picks and the 3rd. Might have a stud DE and DT or maybe a Stud LT, DE and Center ( 3rd ).

Yes Hindsight is 20/20 but this is not hindsight really it's what could have happened had they just been smarter and understanding a players value and Adams a SAFETY was never worth the capital they gave up knowing he also wanted to be payed 17+ Million a year.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that there is only one team in the NFC West that has any effective cap space and that's the Seahawks. When every other team is looking to create cap space the Hawks don't have to.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where or WHEN did you ever see Everett play with more Heart than Hollister? Because Hollister was ALL HEART. Hollister had Heart and Desire something I did not see at ALL from Everett. Had he played with more Heart and desire this conversation might be about how we have to 100% totally resign Everett.

Probably shouldn't have used heart, but my mind wouldn't think of an alternative. Let's say more physical/athletic. Everett tended to run like a wrecking ball - with hands of bricks at times.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably shouldn't have used heart, but my mind wouldn't think of an alternative. Let's say more physical/athletic. Everett tended to run like a wrecking ball - with hands of bricks at times.

Yes He did play with more Reckless abandon than Hollister yes and that's why he had a fumble that cost the Hawks a game and some BIG TIME drops. Physical meh, yeah he liked to slam into people some times even if he rarely if ever moved anyone. Physically Hollister was stronger. The Hawks gained ZERO by signing Everett over Hollister and paid more.

I see people talking about Everett like he was some stud superstar TE he is a 2nd rate TE that people believed could do better. He proved he can't. If his hands were better he would make a good #2.

Reactions: MrS

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say I don't dislike Everett I just think we would have got the same production from Hollister and using Dissly more, All this for less money. I I also would like to see Parkinson on the field more as the "receiving" TE.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes He did play with more Reckless abandon than Hollister yes and that's why he had a fumble that cost the Hawks a game and some BIG TIME drops. Physical meh, yeah he liked to slam into people some times even if he rarely if ever moved anyone. Physically Hollister was stronger. The Hawks gained ZERO by signing Everett over Hollister and paid more.

I see people talking about Everett like he was some stud superstar TE he is a 2nd rate TE that people believed could do better. He proved he can't. If his hands were better he would make a good #2.

Everett does have his limitations, and I wouldn't pay more than $4-5 million per, and he's probably looking at closer to $7, but to say he rarely moved anyone is a little misleading. He did have 9 broken tackles this last season in his 48 catches, while Seattle TEs had one in 2020 (75 catches). In nearly every metric, if not every metric, Everett outproduces Hollister, and most of them aren't even by a little.

Yes, he fumbled twice, he tipped that pass up into the INT, and his horrible play cost the team at least one game, but the numbers he put up in 2021 were twice any TE in Seattle from 2020's season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everett does have his limitations, and I wouldn't pay more than $4-5 million per, and he's probably looking at closer to $7, but to say he rarely moved anyone is a little misleading. He did have 9 broken tackles this last season in his 48 catches, while Seattle TEs had one in 2020 (75 catches). In nearly every metric, if not every metric, Everett outproduces Hollister, and most of them aren't even by a little.

Yes, he fumbled twice, he tipped that pass up into the INT, and his horrible play cost the team at least one game, but the numbers he put up in 2021 were twice any TE in Seattle from 2020's season.

The Hawks rarely use TE's in the passing game, just ask Jimmy Graham and they were "forcing" the ball to Graham when he was here. The offense last year went to the TE more than I have ever seen them do it so I hope to GOD he put up better numbers than those other guys. I mean they actually tried to design plays for Everett/TE's, thats the right way to look at the position and only helps the offense. I am TIRED of seeing them ignore the TE position in the passing game it's a HUGE cog in an effective passing attack.

What I am saying is given the Hawks past, Many of those TE's would have faired much better than they did and possibly better than Everett in a offense that actually designed game plans that included the TE for more than just blocking. Give me a Zach Miller in his prime for the Hawks offense. :D yes please. I want a TE that will punch you in the mouth.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks rarely use TE's in the passing game, just ask Jimmy Graham and they were "forcing" the ball to Graham when he was here. The offense last year went to the TE more than I have ever seen them do it so I hope to GOD he put up better numbers than those other guys. I mean they actually tried to design plays for Everett/TE's, thats the right way to look at the position and only helps the offense. I am TIRED of seeing them ignore the TE position in the passing game it's a HUGE cog in an effective passing attack.

What I am saying is given the Hawks past, Many of those TE's would have faired much better than they did and possibly better than Everett in a offense that actually designed game plans that included the TE for more than just blocking. Give me a Zach Miller in his prime for the Hawks offense. :D yes please. I want a TE that will punch you in the mouth.

Actually, overall the numbers to the TEs were pretty similar, it was just that Everett got a large portion of the looks. Dissley stayed about the same as did Parkinson.

2020 - 75 - 715 - 6
2021 - 74 - 742 - 5

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, overall the numbers to the TEs were pretty similar, it was just that Everett got a large portion of the looks. Dissley stayed about the same as did Parkinson.

2020 - 75 - 715 - 6
2021 - 74 - 742 - 5

the quality of those looks were also better, think about how the Hawks used the TE before. They were dump offs and outlet passes 90% of the time. Come on you have to remember that, as it drove people on the board bonkers because it was the same thing 90% when Graham was here. It was like most of his catches were at the LoS.

It was nice to see them put the TE in motion or run something more than outs and curls or zone reads. They actual designed plays FOR the TE, it was a breath of fresh air. Just no more TE sweeps please because that scared me every single time lol.

Last edited: