• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since we're all but officially done, I guess it's time to look at the free agents. The Seahawks have about $53 million in cap space.

Here's Seattle's free agents:

Duane Brown
Quandre Diggs
Gerald Everett
Brandon Shell
Ethan Pocic
Rashaad Penny
Al Woods
Sidney Jones
Geno Smith
Alex Collins
Kyle Fuller
Ryan Neal
Rasheem Green
Blessuan Austin (RFA)
Bryan Mone (RFA)
Penny Hart (ERFA)
John Reid (ERFA)
Will Dissly
D.J. Reed
Jamarco Jones
Dakoda Shepley (ERFA)
Jon Rattigan (ERFA)
Marcus Webb (ERFA)
Nigel Warrior (ERFA)
Marcelias Sutton (RFA)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs, Green, Everett, Reed, and Brown are the guys we want to bring back but I think all of them need to come back at reasonable prices. Diggs is probably going to be the toughest re-sign but I don't think we should break the bank for him either.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, of our free agents:

Keep
Rashaad Penny. I know people think his injury history is a liability, but a 1 year $1.5 million contract (or up to $2 million) as a prove it deal could keep us a running game at a low risk.
Al Woods. He's been a monster this season in a depleted DL, and bringing him back should be around $2 million maybe 3.
Sidney Jones. He stepped in and has played well in the defensive backfield. I'd think he's cost $2.5 million.
Ryan Neal. Another young depth player who's played reasonably well in Adams' absence. I expect around $1.5 million.
Bryan Mone. Tender him at the right of first refusal level of $2.4 million.
Penny Hart. He should be cheap and he is a solid special teams player.
John Reid. Again, should be cheap depth.
Will Dissly. Has stayed healthy the last 2 years, and is a solid blocking TE. Look for something in the $3-5 million range.
D. J. Reed. He's been really good for Seattle. May be a little spendy, though I'm thinking around $6 - $7 million.
Jon Rattigan. Cheap special teams player.

Maybe
Quandre Diggs. He'll command at least $14 million per - and with paying Adams already, I'm not sure that the team can absorb over $30 million in their safeties.
Gerald Everett. He's had a solid season - despite the SF game. But, he's looking at $7 million each year, and I'm thinking we could bring Dissly back for less.
Rasheem Green. I really like Green, but despite still being really young, he didn't take the next step - and he could be looking at $5 million, and I'm just not sure about that amount for him with how he disappears for games at a time.
Jamarco Jones. He provides depth at multiple positions, though he has fallen out of favor a little bit, somewhere around $1 million.

Walk
Duane Brown
Brandon Shell
Ethan Pocic
Geno Smith
Alex Collins
Kyle Fuller
Blessuan Austin
Dakoda Shepley
Marcus Webb
Nigel Warrior
Marcellias Sutton

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good write up, Stoker. Not sure we can let essentially our entire offensive line walk. I guess if we can get some upgrades.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamarco, Woods and Jones would be good to bring back. Call me crazy, but I think we could bring back Penny and be ok.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamarco, Woods and Jones would be good to bring back. Call me crazy, but I think we could bring back Penny and be ok.

I like the idea of bringing Penny back on a team friendly deal and then bringing in another RB that could contribute as well.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good write up, Stoker. Not sure we can let essentially our entire offensive line walk. I guess if we can get some upgrades.

I noticed that too after I put Pocic on the list, but really the OLine has underacheived and does look any worse when the backups have stepped in, so why pay the higher priced veterans for similar results.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of bringing Penny back on a team friendly deal and then bringing in another RB that could contribute as well.
Maybe we will draft one.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for needs:

LT - Cam Robinson - $11.5 million. I know it's a bit of a difficult thing to replace Brown's $11 million with a free agent $11 million, but Robinson has played well for a bad Jaguars team.
RT - Morgan Moses - $7.5 million. Again, solid play for a bad team, but should help the biggest weakness of the oline.
C - Justin Britt - $5 million. Brings in the veteran leadership, knows the system, and shouldn't be too expensive.

Draft
Round 2 - DE Myjal Sanders, Cincinnati (Travon Walker DT/DE, Georgia)
Round 3 - CB Martin Emerson, Jr. Miss St (Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State)
Round 4 - LB Chad Muma, Wyoming (Keaontay Ingram, RB USC)
Round 4 - RB Keaontay Ingram USC (Brian Robinson, JR, RB Alabama*)
Round 5 - C Dawson Deaton Texas Tech (Tariq Woolen, CB Texas-San Antonio)
Round 7 - K Parker White South Carolina (Jalen McKenzie, G USC)

Now, I've just started to look at the draft, so of course all this can change, but hey - what's a prediction in Seattle transactions if not a shot in the dark.

*I've seen him rated as anything from the best RB to a 4th rounder - so Robinson is probably gone by the 4th, but hey, might as well put him on here.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since we're all but officially done, I guess it's time to look at the free agents. The Seahawks have about $53 million in cap space.

Here's Seattle's free agents:

Duane Brown
Quandre Diggs
Gerald Everett
Rashaad Penny
Al Woods
Sidney Jones
Ryan Neal
Rasheem Green
D.J. Reed
These are the guys I'd consider keeping...

Definite yes to Diggs, Everett, Reed, Green... I would almost like to resign Penny as well... 3 or 4 million if possible...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a list of UFA's for 2022... https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

What I would do right out of the gate...

Trade D. Metcalf... If we can get a high 1st rounder, Awesome... Then we'd have a day one pick to use on OL or DE... Then sign one of these guys... Allen Robinson/Mike Williams... Robinson wouldn't sniff the money he's currently making...

Sign Cam Robinson at LT... He's much younger than D Brown and we'd lock up a LT heading into his prime for 3-5 yrs...

If we let Everett walk, I wouldn't mind pursuing OJ Howard...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for needs:

LT - Cam Robinson - $11.5 million. I know it's a bit of a difficult thing to replace Brown's $11 million with a free agent $11 million, but Robinson has played well for a bad Jaguars team.
That's who I'd like to pursue... For one, he's only 26 and 2, he's heading into his prime... We'd have a young LT playing in his prime vs an old, beaten down LT that's at the end of his slope for the most part... That would be a major upgrade and we'd have the LT position set in stone for 4 more years or more...

With all the great DL Rushers in our defense, we can't just keep try to patch a OL together each season...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's who I'd like to pursue... For one, he's only 26 and 2, he's heading into his prime... We'd have a young LT playing in his prime vs an old, beaten down LT that's at the end of his slope for the most part... That would be a major upgrade and we'd have the LT position set in stone for 4 more years or more...

With all the great DL Rushers in our defense, we can't just keep try to patch a OL together each season...

Honestly, if the team wants to be better, then they will need to fix the OLine. Give Russ no room to complain about the protection.

Granted, scheme needs to be addressed too, as the guy from Denver on 710 this afternoon stated - there's a lot of individual route concepts, but very few combination routes. I know that refs loved calling OPI on Seattle, but when was the last time you saw Seattle run a rub route, or a levels route combination, or any combination route concept? Those were staples of Bevell's offense, and I'm not sure we've seen them since.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant pay Diggs 14 mill and Adams 17.5 mill, 31.5 million for 2 players playing safety? yeah that can't happen then add in 37 million for Wilson and you got 3 players taking up close to 70 million cap space or around 35% of the cap if it's over $205 million. You have to give DK a contract or he will become a FA after the 2022 season. How much you think he is going to cost? Lockett is making over 17 mill in 2022 and DK's contract will be around that to keep him so add another 34 million and now you got half the cap tied up in 5 players.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao at keeping penny. Absolutely not in a million years.

Everett can go too, dont want anything to do with him.

Signings of our own guys should be OL and DL only thats really all we can afford. I love diggs and think he is our best defender but we can't resign him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget that Bobby is a 20 million cap hit in 2022 also so now we got 125+ Million of a 205 Million cap tied up in 6 players.

11.5 million of dead cap money is off in 2022 though so that helps a little.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao at keeping penny. Absolutely not in a million years.

Everett can go too, dont want anything to do with him.

Signings of our own guys should be OL and DL only thats really all we can afford. I love diggs and think he is our best defender but we can't resign him.

Has there ever been a Seahawks player you haven't advocated for their trade, cut or just generally complained about how much they suck?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Penny for Pennies on the dollar. It has never been about his talent and that's the most maddening thing about Penny, he is good, really good but he can't stay healthy EVER. He is like a ticking time bomb every time he is on the field. It's like he has a 80% chance of not making out of the game.

Doesn't Help that we had CJ Prosise right before and he was the same thing but more injury prone than Penny has been lol. Maybe not but damn it stings. Imagine CJ isn't injury prone and sticks. He would I think have been one of the best RB's catching a football out of the backfield ever for the Hawks, stud status. A true game changing type talent you could build a passing offense around with a deadly running game. A RB that could have averaged 5 yards Per a carry and 12+YPR. Then to have Penny a player who is explosive in the running game and is more than capable of blowing the top off a defense on any play to just have the same issues, it's just a painful continuation of what started when the Hawks draft CL Prosise in the 3rd round so long ago.

Why has this team turned into the most injury prone "drafting" team ever lol. I Like Penny wish he could stay healthy and would keep him for vet minimum for his status which is like a little over a mill a year. Sure ok but don't expect much and another flop he has to walk.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget that Bobby is a 20 million cap hit in 2022 also so now we got 125+ Million of a 205 Million cap tied up in 6 players.

11.5 million of dead cap money is off in 2022 though so that helps a little.

We will almost certainly restructure Bobby or cut him.

Reactions: JMR

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will almost certainly restructure Bobby or cut him.
I think Brooks is ready. I'll miss Bobby but I think his time has come .