• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free Agents

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is officially over, so here's the players currently looking at free agency this offseason:

UFA
Johnathan Abrams
Cody Barton
Nick Bellore
Austing Blythe
Artie Burns
Justin Coleman
L.J. Collier
Poona Ford
Kyle Fuller
Cullen Gillaspia
Marquise Goodwin
Phil Haynes
Travis Homer
Darryl Johnson
Josh Jones
Drew Lock
Isaiah Mack
Ryan Neal
Tyler Ott
Rashaad Penny
Geno Smith
Jalen Tabor
Carson Tinker

RFA
Penny Hart
Tanner Muse

ERFA
Jon Rhattigan

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ryan neal is the only guy on that list we should keep

im torn on geno. I dont think he is going to get us over the top even with a strong D, he turns the ball over too much and doesnt step up when pressure is on

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I'd like to see re-signed:

Cody Barton - This isn't to say LB isn't a need, I'd like Barton to be a fill in and special teamer, not the full time starter. He had some really good games and some complete duds - just a guy who got too many snaps for what his skills are.

Ryan Neal - Dude could possibly have been the best safety on the team this year, even had everyone been healthy. Unfortunately, team is already spending $37 million of safety, and it'll be hard to keep his salary low.

Tyler Ott - He was good this year in his LS role, he won't cost much and no reason to change if we don't have to.

Tanner Muse - Another LB who could be depth behind starters, but mostly used on special teams. should really cheap.

Jon Rhattigan - Same as Muse Barton. I don't expect to keep all three for the same roles, but all three are good special teamers, just don't want to depend on them on defense.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ryan neal is the only guy on that list we should keep

im torn on geno. I dont think he is going to get us over the top even with a strong D, he turns the ball over too much and doesnt step up when pressure is on

Honestly, other than possibly getting the guys a little cheaper, I'm not attached to taking anyone back next year. Spotrac is estimating Geno will be a 3 year $105 million contract and could get as high as $120 million.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then walk away from Geno, use the money on a guy like da'ron payne and draft a QB.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the top 5 UFAs I would like to see back:
  • Geno Smith. Earned it with his play. If it's not him, we'll need to sign a FA QB because I don't think Stroud will be there at 1.5, and to me everyone else (QB) is a reach there.
  • Ryan Neal. Probably going to get paid elsewhere, but he's great insurance for the annual Jamal Adams injury.
  • Cody Barton. He gets lots of heat in here, but we have to have LBs on the roster. He's experienced in the system and plays well here and there.
  • Marquise Goodwin. He made plays when given chances, and it looks like Eskridge is a bust. He's a competent WR3.
  • Poona Ford. More or less same rationale as Barton.
I am sure a few others will be back as well. If for no other reason than to be amused at the reaction, it would be great if Penny gets another shot. He surely wouldn't be a starter, but you know PC likes to have more than 1 main ball carrier.

Would bet anything the LJ Collier era is over in Seattle. Ugh, what a bust. Can't believe this was a 1st round pick. Probably had more healthy scratches than tackles in his Seahawks career.

I think another important decision will be which players under contract are going to be let go.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I'd like to see re-signed:

Cody Barton - This isn't to say LB isn't a need, I'd like Barton to be a fill in and special teamer, not the full time starter. He had some really good games and some complete duds - just a guy who got too many snaps for what his skills are.

Ryan Neal - Dude could possibly have been the best safety on the team this year, even had everyone been healthy. Unfortunately, team is already spending $37 million of safety, and it'll be hard to keep his salary low.

Tyler Ott - He was good this year in his LS role, he won't cost much and no reason to change if we don't have to.

Tanner Muse - Another LB who could be depth behind starters, but mostly used on special teams. should really cheap.

Jon Rhattigan - Same as Muse Barton. I don't expect to keep all three for the same roles, but all three are good special teamers, just don't want to depend on them on defense.
Cut Adams post june 1st and save 11 million in cap space. Time to cut this guy loose, he's like having a anvil chained to you while trying to swim across to the other side of the water.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another important decision will be which players under contract are going to be let go.

Gabe Jackson save $11 million

Other than that, I just don't know anyone who saves anything significant while underperforming.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Adams post june 1st and save 11 million in cap space. Time to cut this guy loose, he's like having a anvil chained to you while trying to swim across to the other side of the water.

Yeah. I'd love to see him play healthy, but that's a just a bad gamble at this time. IDK if Seattle is ready/willing to do that yet, but we'll see.

Seattle has the 4th most cap space, but they have no QBs under contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'd love to see him play healthy, but that's a just a bad gamble at this time. IDK if Seattle is ready/willing to do that yet, but we'll see.

Seattle has the 4th most cap space, but they have no QBs under contract.
They also have to replace so many players on the 53 man roster that the cap space they have isn’t actually much

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have to replace so many players on the 53 man roster that the cap space they have isn’t actually much
In terms of number of upcoming UFAs, I bet Seattle doesn't look much different than most other teams. The friction point is that the most expensive position is where we don't have anyone under contract. The good news is this team is postured to handle that better than almost all the others.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I think its time to move on, I don't think they will.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current 2023 roster (2022 PFF grade):

QB:
RB: Kenneth Walker (76.7) D.J. Dallas (66.7)
FB:
WR: Tyler Lockett (78.9) D.K. Metcalf (75.3) D'Wayne Eskridge (54.1) Dareke Young (58.9)
TE: Noah Fant (66.0) Will Dissly (70.8) Colby Parkinson (70.5) Tyler Mabry (82.2)
T: Charles Cross (63.7) Abe Lucas (68.5) Stone Forsythe (37.0) Jake Curhan (31.2)
G: Gabe Jackson (55.0) Damien Lewis (71.8)
C

DE: Shelby Harris (73.2) Quinton Jefferson (48.9) Alton Robinson (N/A) Tyeke Smith (N/A)
DT: Al Woods (68.2) Bryan Mone (52.7)
ILB: Jordyn Brooks (52.8) Vi Jones (N/A)
OLB: Uchenna Nwosu (72.6) Darrell Taylor (58.0) Boye Mafe (65.7) Josh Onujiogu (67.9)
CB: Tariq Woolen (71.6) Coby Bryant (58.9) Tre Brown (40.5) Isaiah Dunn (70.2)
S: Quandre Diggs (73.4) Jamal Adams (87.0) Joey Blount (N/A)

K
P: Michael Dickson (N/A)
LS

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated list with a few I missed from the original list:

UFA
Johnathan Abrams
Cody Barton
Nick Bellore
Austing Blythe
Artie Burns
Ben Burr-Kirven
Justin Coleman
L.J. Collier
Xavier Crawford
Poona Ford
Kyle Fuller
Cullen Gillaspia
Marquise Goodwin
Phil Haynes
Travis Homer
Bruce Irvin
Darryl Johnson
Josh Jones
Drew Lock
Isaiah Mack
Jason Myers
Ryan Neal
Tyler Ott
Rashaad Penny
Geno Smith
Jalen Tabor
Carson Tinker
Laquon Treadwell

RFA
Penny Hart
Tanner Muse

ERFA
Miles Adams
Godwin Igwebulke
Michael Jackson
Isaiah Mack
Jon Rhattigan
Cody Thompson

Don't know why they weren't all on the list I was working from - but it became evident that players were missing when I was listing who was under contract.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to keep miles adams, he made some plays with not a lot of snaps

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to keep miles adams, he made some plays with not a lot of snaps

Myers also had a good year, and is still young by kicker standards.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys want to keep Jamal Adams any of you then get off the crack! Even when playing he stunk up the joint. The time is now and is why I listed S as a position we should address in the draft ( 2nd or 3rd ). Bring back Neal if you can, he is better than Adams but don't over pay.

DT/LB/OL ( G,C )/S We need to hit on a player in each of these positions. To bad we don't have that 13th pick but we get the what 19th? bleh

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like a no brainer. Knowing our luck he'll have a career year for his next team.