• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK how but the Seahawks cap space seems to be dwindling. Looked today and it's down to 36 million. Geez
Is this assuming the cap goes up to $208m?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this assuming the cap goes up to $208m?
Yes they have that figure as the cap. So we got 36 million left. Brown Seahawks left tackle was paid 11.5 mil last year Cam Robinson and Armstead two left tackles that aren't to bad averaged 13.5 with there last contract ( free agents now) and likely get a bump in pay. Money is going to go fast.
If the Seahawks sign one of those two they likely make the first year salary low and make it up in the following years.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said before I don't want the Hawks to sign the "studs" in Free Agency but I also do not want them waiting till all the middle of the pack players are gone and they pick off the trash pile of what's left. How about they take care of LT with the 41st pick? they should be able to find a competent LT early in the 2nd. Thing is I do not trust this team to draft Oline help. Not until they prove me wrong.

Eric Fisher could be a option for a LT under 10M and there are some younger but cheap right tackles out there. Also I saw what the rookie did when Brown went out, he looked solid and was a mauler. was it Curhan? Then you got Forsythe on the right who looked the part but made some rookie mistakes. G Lewis ... T Jones has looked solid in his times on the field also. I think we have most of the pieces just need a center ( Britt please ) and one that can really help the run game, unlike the ones we have now! They are to weak, well at least Procic is. Fuller was meh ... pass. Britt is not great and will not demand a big salary but is a mauler. I also know there is a TON of other free agent centers on the market this year. Need a mauler in the middle, they seem to have the better success against guys like Aaron Donald. Can't finesse around a man like that ( Procic ) because Donald will eat you for breakfast.

Having a much more physical Center would help our run game be more "Physical" up the middle. Something we don't really have right now.

Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said before I don't want the Hawks to sign the "studs" in Free Agency but I also do not want them waiting till all the middle of the pack players are gone and they pick off the trash pile of what's left. How about they take care of LT with the 41st pick? they should be able to find a competent LT early in the 2nd. Thing is I do not trust this team to draft Oline help. Not until they prove me wrong.

Eric Fisher could be a option for a LT under 10M and there are some younger but cheap right tackles out there. Also I saw what the rookie did when Brown went out, he looked solid and was a mauler. was it Curhan? Then you got Forsythe on the right who looked the part but made some rookie mistakes. G Lewis ... T Jones has looked solid in his times on the field also. I think we have most of the pieces just need a center ( Britt please ) and one that can really help the run game, unlike the ones we have now! They are to weak, well at least Procic is. Fuller was meh ... pass. Britt is not great and will not demand a big salary but is a mauler. I also know there is a TON of other free agent centers on the market this year. Need a mauler in the middle, they seem to have the better success against guys like Aaron Donald. Can't finesse around a man like that ( Procic ) because Donald will eat you for breakfast.

Having a much more physical Center would help our run game be more "Physical" up the middle. Something we don't really have right now.
The two I mentioned aren't studs. The studs make 23 million per year at LT. I think what you wish for ( cheap vet off the scrape pile) is what they'll get. It's what they been doing for some time because they really have no choice give the cap.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To name a few.
Note that none of these contracts are guaranteed.
The futures contracts that get signed at the end of the year are essentially a raid on other team's practice squads. These contracts currently count against the offseason 90 man roster salary cap, but many of these guys will be moved (cut) and/or moved to the practice squad.

Remember that when the final cuts are made and the squad is set that only the 53 man roster will count against the cap. So the vast majority, or possibly even all of the future contract hits will be moot unless the specific player gets called up. Contract terms, with the possible exception of contract bonuses, are not firm and put against the cap until the 53 man roster is set after the final cuts are made.

My point is that the likes of camp fodder contracts, futures contracts, practice squad contracts, etc will not be part of the final salary cap numbers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note that none of these contracts are guaranteed.
The futures contracts that get signed at the end of the year are essentially a raid on other team's practice squads. These contracts currently count against the offseason 90 man roster salary cap, but many of these guys will be moved (cut) and/or moved to the practice squad.

Remember that when the final cuts are made and the squad is set that only the 53 man roster will count against the cap. So the vast majority, or possibly even all of the future contract hits will be moot unless the specific player gets called up. Contract terms, with the possible exception of contract bonuses, are not firm and put against the cap until the 53 man roster is set after the final cuts are made.

My point is that the likes of camp fodder contracts, futures contracts, practice squad contracts, etc will not be part of the final salary cap numbers.
Well over the cap only counts those on the 53 man roster when they reduced cap space from 53 to 36 million and while some/maybe many will be replaced the cost of replacements likely is even more.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well over the cap only counts those on the 53 man roster when they reduced cap space from 53 to 36 million and while some/maybe many will be replaced the cost of replacements likely is even more.
True.

I'm just pointing out that these current numbers are essentially irrelevant as most of these contracts will not count against the final 53 man cap. So even though those numbers (future contracts et al) are currently technically counting against the cap, they will not in the long term (with a few exceptions).

Yes, the contracts that replace these current cap slots will probably be higher, but they will be for actual roster players.

The NFL cap structures are quite complex. I think moreso than NBA, NHL, or NBA. Maybe high level soccer (like Premiere League) might be close?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah but Wagner is $20M of that cap with hardly any dead cap. Either we release him or extend him bringing that # down a lot.
Then you have Dunlap which saves about $6M. I'd assume we will release him given we were LARGELY reducing his snaps last season
Chris Carson is probably gone with a post 6/1 release so that's $5M.
Gabe Jackson also does not deserve anywhere near $9M of cap hit. Post 6/1 release would be another $6M.

That's $17M for Dunlap, Jackson and Carson which don't justify those prices at all. And Wagner will probably restructure to save maybe like $8-9M.

That's $25-27M which is definitely an All pro tackle (looking at Orlando Brown Jr.) and even an aging center like Kelce.

There's also zero reason to keep Nick Bellore given how often he's used (another $2M) and Myers can fuck off as well and save us $4M. Oh and Kerry Hyder can fuck off as well. That clearly didn't work out. So there's another $8M and you can sign Diggs or Reed.

Either way, we don't have any major resignings and with the above we'll be around $70M to play with. Make a play for Brown Jr, grab Kelce, start Stone or Curhan at RT, put Lewis back at right guard for fucks sake.... and then find another guard.

Then go find some of the tons of EDGE talent available in both free agency and the draft (heavy defensive class). I'd like to resign Everett and Reed though... and Diggs if he's healthy, but Reed/Diggs both may command too much, and I don't want all this cash locked up in the secondary which was our downfall to begin with. And Carroll is so good at coaching secondary players up, I really don't think it's necessary to spend a TON of money there.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, we don't have any major resignings
No major resignings? You mean other then starting LT,RT,Center, TE, RBs Qaundre Diggs, Rasheen Green, back up QB and depth across the board?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No major resignings? You mean other then starting LT,RT,Center, TE, RBs Qaundre Diggs, Rasheen Green, back up QB and depth across the board?

No I meant our free agents. I'd say Diggs and Reed are really the only MAJOR resignings but Diggs' injury will probably affect the amount he can get on the market and Reed has some size concerns that will cause teams to look off him. Diggs may even do a 1 year prove it deal and then try to hit the market in 2023 and collect. He'll be 30 by then, but safeties can play well into their mid-late 30s in most cases.

I already said we should grab Brown Jr. and Kelce (although Eagles will try to resign I'm sure, Brown Jr. is going to be REALLY tough for the Chiefs given their cap position, and Brown Jr. is going to command a 5 year $100M type of deal), or someone at tackle that will command big money. I am not against going with Stone Forsythe or Curhan in 2022 at right tackle. Stone is a little weak against the run, but he looked solid in pass protection. I don't think Everett and Green are not going to be that expensive and Penny is probably getting a 1 year prove deal at most for like $3-4M. NFL teams aren't stupid and will note that Penny basically did all that great running against some of the worst rush defenses (including the worst one being Houston) to close out the season.

As for QB, if Wilson is walking after next year I'd assume we'd draft a QB this year. We still have Eason on the roster as well. If Wilson goes down the season is over anyway (just like last year).

Point being, with the guys I'd resign (Penny, Diggs, Reed, Green, and Everett) my cap spend would be somewhere around $25-30M this year, most going to Diggs/Reed. That still leaves like $45M with the cuts I mentioned for some big names.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being, with the guys I'd resign (Penny, Diggs, Reed, Green, and Everett) my cap spend would be somewhere around $25-30M this year, most going to Diggs/Reed. That still leaves like $45M with the cuts I mentioned for some big names.
Your dreaming sweet dreams.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your dreaming sweet dreams.

How? I showed the math above. With cuts and Wagner restructuring they can get up to about $70M with the $37M they already have. I wouldn't want to see over $25-30M for Diggs, Reed, Green, Everett, and Penny. Diggs/Reed are fine, but certainly not worth huge money IMO... especially when about the only position we can develop on defense is the secondary, lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? I showed the math above. With cuts and Wagner restructuring they can get up to about $70M with the $37M they already have. I wouldn't want to see over $25-30M for Diggs, Reed, Green, Everett, and Penny. Diggs/Reed are fine, but certainly not worth huge money IMO... especially when about the only position we can develop on defense is the secondary, lol.
Guess we'll see.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if brown is done.....then they can try thee guys...the nmost important...LT..ya dont want a rookie.....yet..
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/cap//
Cam Robinson Contract BreakdownsJAGUARS

Cam Robinson​

EMBED THIS
JAGUARS, LTAge:26-137dExp:5 Years
Drafted:Round 2 (#34 overall), 2017College:AlabamaAgent(s):Chafie Fields (Wasserman)
- More Jaguars -

Terron Armstead Contract BreakdownsSAINTS

Terron Armstead​

EMBED THIS
SAINTS, LTAge:30-216dExp:9 Years
Drafted:Round 3 (#75 overall), 2013College:Arkansas-Pine BluffAgent(s):Dave Butz (SportStars)
- More Saints -
- More Saints - Adams, Josh Adebo, Paulson A

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or justdraft these guys............

photo of 2022 NFL Draft prospect RhyanSean.jpg

Sean Rhyan
UCLA

6'5"

JR

BIO
Tyler Vrabel, 2021 Headshot

78TYLER VRABEL​

• CLASS Redshirt Junior
  • POSITION Offensive Line
  • HEIGHT 6-5
  • WEIGHT 307
  • HOMETOWN Bellaire, Texas
  • HIGHSCHOOL Saint Pius X

--

photo of 2022 NFL Draft prospect MitchellMax.jpg

Max Mitchell
Louisiana

6'5"

SR

BIO

NEW

photo of 2022 NFL Draft prospect TomZach.jpg

Zach Tom
Wake Forest

6'4"

RJR

--

photo of 2022 NFL Draft prospect ThomasZachary.jpg

Zachary Thomas
San Diego State

6'5"

RSR

BIO

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sean Rhyan, UCLA​

His length may be a defusing factor for his stock, but aside from that, there aren’t many negative things you can say about Sean Rhyan. The physical Bruins blocker has once again been tremendous in 2021, helping to direct a productive UCLA offense. Rhyan received some top-30 love among our panel of analysts, and there’s plenty of reason for that.
At 6’5″, 320 pounds, Rhyan has great size, core strength, and frame density. Even if his length isn’t ideal for the tackle position, I think he’s more than athletic enough to stay there. He traverses the edge with ease and gets to the second level quickly. Once there, Rhyan has a ferocious closing burst into contact, and he’s not afraid to maul defenders all the way to the whistle.

Top 10 Offensive Tackles in the 2022 NFL Draft | 1-5​

Here are the top five offensive tackles in the 2022 NFL Draft.

5) Rasheed Walker, Penn State​

He’s a bit more polarizing among the top offensive tackles in the 2022 NFL Draft, but Rasheed Walker has fans, both in the scouting community and at PFN. All three PFN NFL Draft analysts gave Walker top-60 rankings, and Chief Draft Analyst Tony Pauline had Walker in his top 30.
For Walker, the story is the same as it was before the season. He has a lot of upside but also has room to keep improving.
Frame density isn’t an issue for Walker, who stands at 6’6″, 330 pounds, and sports a massive all-around makeup. His work amidst displacement also generates some confidence.
Walker doesn’t always have the spryness to match explosive first steps. But with his length and lateral athleticism, he can match rushers around the edge and direct them outside the pocket. On top of that, Walker’s power as a run blocker pops. If he can be more consistent, he’s right up there in the early-round conversation.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't about FA but we have no offseason thread.

to be honest this is what I did not WANT to happen. I think where this team is the weakest is the assistant coaches and the lower guys and those were where a lot of the promotions came from. Ouch. Some times loyalty bites you in the ass and I have seen Pete's loyalty do just that on this team for a long time now. We all have.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't about FA but we have no offseason thread.

to be honest this is what I did not WANT to happen. I think where this team is the weakest is the assistant coaches and the lower guys and those were where a lot of the promotions came from. Ouch. Some times loyalty bites you in the ass and I have seen Pete's loyalty do just that on this team for a long time now. We all have.
I have to agree but I'll give our new DC a chance to see if he can scheme up a new strategy and get players playing in their correct positions